Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zenithian

zenithian's big sell-off

Raffle or Auction?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Beginning November 12th, I will either begin a raffle or an auction here at the Den, which will conclude on November 21, 2008, at noon MST, for the following items:

 

Dragon Quest Legend Gallery Items (19-22 items; if I get enough interest, I will sell my Zenithian Sword (DQ4 & DQ5), Dragon Staff (DQ5) and Sword of Ramias (DQ6)) - the 19 currently up for grabs are:

 

Series 2

Papas' Sword

Zenithian Helm & Demon Spear

 

Series 3

Metal Babble Sword

Templar Shield

Platinum Sword

 

Series 4

Abacus of Justice & Club

Conqueror Axe & Evil Shield

Curse-Breaking Sword (Sword of Malice/Cautery Sword) & Rainbow Drop

Giant Scissors & Pot Lid

Holy Lance & Meteorite Bracer

Staff of Divine Punishment & Iron Claw

Helm of Lone Metal Slime & Magic Shield

Shield of Lone Metal Slime

 

+6 more that I need to add

 

Dragon Quest VIII poster

Dragon Quest VIII mousepad

Dragon Quest VIII play arts hero action figure

Dragon Quest I.II for SFC (cart and box only)

Dragon Quest Borya/Brey figure

Dragon Quest CCG Starter Box - Red (4)

Dragon Quest CCG Starter Box - Blue (4)

Dragon Quest CCG Starter Box - Heroes (3)

Dragon Quest CCG Starter Box - Monsters (2)

PS One Memory Cards - New, Island Blue (2)

1 GB USB Drives (2)

 

------

 

What I need to know now is if you would rather have an auction or a raffle:

 

If this becomes an AUCTION:

 

• Bidding on any item will begin at $1.

• Actual bids will increase in $1 increments until there is a new high bidder.

• The person who has the highest maximum bid at the earliest time will be the high bidder until they are outbid by another's higher bid.

• In the event of a tie, the bidder who submitted the earliest bid will be the high bidder until they are outbid.

• If you are outbid on an item, you can PM or e-mail me with your new maximum bid until noon MST on November 21, 2008.

• Updates will be provided daily at noon MST, with the exception of Saturday and Sunday, when they will be provided sometime between 6 and 9 am, MST, with the current high bid and the username of the high bidder.

• All auction items will be mailed out after payment is received, but not before November 22, 2008.

A portion of the auction proceeds will be donated to Woodus to help maintain the Den.

 

If this becomes a RAFFLE:

 

• Raffle tickets are $1 each.

• By participating in the raffle by buying at least one raffle ticket, you will also receive 1 FREE raffle ticket.

• Raffle tickets may be assigned to the specific item(s) you are trying to win.

• You can buy additional raffle tickets at any time from the start of the raffle until noon MST on November 21, 2008.

• Updates will be provided daily at noon MST, with the exception of Saturday and Sunday, when they will be provided sometime between 6 and 9 am, MST, and will include the total number of raffle tickets assigned to each item.

• All raffle items will be mailed out on November 22, 2008.

A portion of the raffle proceeds will be donated to Woodus to help maintain the Den.

 

-------

 

I will update this first post from time to time to add pictures and additional items for the auction/raffle (until it actually begins).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you say "by participating in the raffle, you will receive 1 free raffle ticket" does that mean that if it is a raffle we all get one free ticket that we get to put into an item of our choice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would guess everyone would get one "raffle ticket" or number or something and then based on the number of people that also choose the item you put your ticket down for is how much of a chance you have to get that your ticket gets picked. Am I right zenithian?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me make up an example.

 

Let's say Woodus buys 5 tickets for $5. Because he's participating he also gets a free one, for a total of 6 tickets. He decides he wants to win the Metal Babble Sword most, so he allocates 4 of his tickets to winning that item.

 

Ice Mage88 buys one ticket for $1 and also receives one free ticket, for a total of 2. Both tickets are allocated to the Metal Babble Sword.

 

Slime Master buys no tickets, and therefore does not receive any free tickets. SM is not participating in the raffle.

 

If no one else allocates tickets to winning the Metal Babble Sword, Woodus has a 4/6 chance (or 67%) of winning the item, and Ice Mage88 has a 2/6 chance (or 33%).

 

If Ice Mage then wins that item, Woodus is out about $3 or $4, and Ice Mage has won an item that generally goes on eBay for $9 for only $1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those swords and weapons are like toys I'm guessing? I'd love a Pot Lid.. :P

 

Yeah, I'll most likely participate. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How would we even get you the money for the raffle tickets. Also is shipping included, cause I don't think my parents want me having things shipped here that they have to pay for :worried:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll pay for the shipping costs on all items.

 

As far as how to send payments for auction items or buying raffle tickets, I'd prefer PayPal, but I'd also accept payments through the mail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As of now, the auction option has won by 2 votes, 5 to 3. In a few minutes I will post a new topic beginning the auction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
;) Raffle works well for me, Auctions would cost me money I don't have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...