Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Plattym3

Contest #11 - Dragon Quest I tagline

Guest Plattym3

OK, if you've been reading my tagline topic over in the General DW/DQ area you probably saw this coming. As you may or may not know, the past few DQ releases in the US have come with some interesting taglines in their advertisements.

Rocket Slime - "No Spine, Just Guts"

rocket_slime_ad.jpg

DQ IV DS - "Extra Party Members? Don't worry. You have a wagon."

dq4ds_print_001.jpg

DQM: Joker - There was an "unofficial" tagline for the game that popped up in many places "Losers catch 'em all; Winners catch the best."

losers.png

woo_joker_front.jpg

Your goal in this topic is to come up with 2 tagline submissions for Dragon Quest I. The deadline is going to coincide with the end of the DQI subtitle contest. If I've got my days correct, final 8 begin Friday, final 4 Sunday, final 2 Tuesday, add a day for me to mess something up...

DEADLINE: All Dragon Quest I tagline submissions must be PM'd to me by Friday, November 7 by at 8:00 PM EST.

RULES: These could be a little longer than the subtitles, so let's say 15 words or less.

Good luck. I've got 2 great ones that I'm PMing to Woodus for safekeeping since I think at least 1 will be submitted a couple of times by other people too (which is fine). Have fun!

DEADLINE: All submissions must be PM'd to me by Friday, November 5 by at 8:00 PM EST.

Do you mean

Friday, November 7th or

Wednesday, November 5th?

;) I just sent mine in.

Guest Plattym3
DEADLINE: All submissions must be PM'd to me by Friday, November 5 by at 8:00 PM EST.

Do you mean

Friday, November 7th or

Wednesday, November 5th?

Fixed. Thank you. Friday the 7th.

;) I just sent mine in.

Well, I changed the wording in the contest so others won't make the same mistake as you. Please resubmit.

I hope that I do better then the subtitles for IV and I because Both of my IV ones got voted out in the first round, and the I ones are losing bad in the second round. By the way good luck to all Contestants :D !!!

platy, did you get mine or am i mistaken and not sent mine...

Guest Plattym3

Any more submissions? I don't have very many. C'mon folks, be creative, let loose!

I'm surprised you don't have many entries, considering that the DQ1 subtitle contest got so many. You should make new reminder topic on Wednesday or Thursday. Maybe the urgency will convince more people to submit entries.

I'm surprised you don't have many entries, considering that the DQ1 subtitle contest got so many. You should make new reminder topic on Wednesday or Thursday. Maybe the urgency will convince more people to submit entries.

yeah, you should. that kind of stuff usually worked when I used to sell insurance ;)

Deadline is coming soon. Just bumping the thread.

Guest Plattym3

Feel free to submit through Sunday until about 4:00PM EST.

How many entries do you have right now?

Guest Plattym3

Exactly 16. Not many, but this was probably tougher. Great number for a bracket.

D'OH, had a duplicate submission. Oh well, I'll give that the first round bye and bracket off the rest... unless I get one last submission here now before I get this all typed out in the next hour.

Guest Plattym3

Oops, I had 19. Forgot to copy & paste a few submissions from PMs to my Word document where I keep them all in order. The voting has begun, good luck.