Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Esturkdq4

Esturkdq4's Tournament #4:DQ vs. FF(Battle of the Bosses)

Championship Match  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here we, the Championship Match! 4 Will Battle, but only 1 Will Win.

Necrosaro get's my Vote

;) Even though Necrosaro will win this making his second tournament victory, I'm voting for Master Archfiend Zoma.

Zoma gets my vote as well

Guest Plattym3

Wow, I can understand voting for each and every person here, EXCEPT Marcello. Was he really that memorable to people here? Is he getting votes because some people have only played DQVIII. He was seemingly an ass in the game and not even the most memorable boss to arise from that damn staff. To each their own, but just wondering if being in the newest DQ game helped out.

Wow, I can understand voting for each and every person here, EXCEPT Marcello. Was he really that memorable to people here? Is he getting votes because some people have only played DQVIII. He was seemingly an ass in the game and not even the most memorable boss to arise from that damn staff. To each their own, but just wondering if being in the newest DQ game helped out.

Platty, I think that's actually a pretty accurate description of why he's done so good. Look, in the two matches where he has been 2nd in so far, both had other DQVIII Bosses in them(Ruin & Dhoulmagus), coincedence, I don't think so. I would say that many people that have joined this site has only played DQVIII.

Guest Plattym3

Not a problem, but I am continually surprised by his doing so well. There are a hell of a lot of memorable DQ bosses out there from past games that didn't make it this far. He's received no attention on the boards for years while we debate the best nickname for Balzak and many other DQ monsters.

Platty, I think that's actually a pretty accurate description of why he's done so good. Look, in the two matches where he has been 2nd in so far, both had other DQVIII Bosses in them(Ruin & Dhoulmagus), coincedence, I don't think so. I would say that many people that have joined this site has only played DQVIII.

Whereas I have to admit being biased the other way. DQVIII is the only one of the main series I haven't played. I can't justify voting for some DQVIII boss I don't know. In a perfect world I would have looked at a walkthrough at least to get a sense of who the guy is, but I did nothing of the sort.

Whereas I have to admit being biased the other way. DQVIII is the only one of the main series I haven't played. I can't justify voting for some DQVIII boss I don't know. In a perfect world I would have looked at a walkthrough at least to get a sense of who the guy is, but I did nothing of the sort.

yeah, it makes sense to not vote for someone you really don't know. Though, I did vote for Deathmore(despite barely played DQVI) in the Semis because he was cool looking, lol,, also that Dhoulmagus & Marcello weren't good enough bosses in my opinion and I hadn't gotten fair in DQII.

Not a problem, but I am continually surprised by his doing so well. There are a hell of a lot of memorable DQ bosses out there from past games that didn't make it this far. He's received no attention on the boards for years while we debate the best nickname for Balzak and many other DQ monsters.

Yeah, I'm surprised by him doing so well too. I would have thought Dhoulmagus to get farther out of DQVIII.

Guest Plattym3
Marcello for the win! :goofyslime:

Just curios, but why do you think is he better than the rest? I don't mean disrespect, I'd truthfully like to know from someone who voted for him, why he's your favorite.

Personally I voted for Deathmore because I really liked him as a boss in DQVI and loved playing him and having him in my party in the DWM games.

Necrosaro is just great. He's definately my favorite. I think he should win, but wanted to support a lesser known boss this time since Nec's already won one contest.

Zoma was more annoying than anything in DWIII, but he was an indespesible member of my Joker game.

;) Dhoulmagus was more of a Memorable boss than Marcello was, but maybe Marcello is doing so well because towards the end you get the satisfaction of knocking him off his high horse? Or is it the Fan-Girl Bishounen thing? Meh Necrosaro pwns in that department ladies.

For crying out loud Esturk is more of a boss than Marcello

Marcello for the win! :goofyslime:

Just curios, but why do you think is he better than the rest? I don't mean disrespect, I'd truthfully like to know from someone who voted for him, why he's your favorite.

Personally I voted for Deathmore because I really liked him as a boss in DQVI and loved playing him and having him in my party in the DWM games.

Necrosaro is just great. He's definately my favorite. I think he should win, but wanted to support a lesser known boss this time since Nec's already won one contest.

Zoma was more annoying than anything in DWIII, but he was an indespesible member of my Joker game.

Well, I really liked how he was introduced and I didn't really expect him to be a boss. He's not an "all-powerful overlord" like many other bosses. He also has relations to one of your party members (Angelo/Kukule). I chose him because he is "out of the norm" compared to the others. I thought he was interesting, but expected him to be a "throw away" character.

My three favorite bosses in total for DQ games are Necrosaro, Hellcloud, and Marcello. I've usually been biased towards the midcarders than I was the end boss outside of Saro. DQ's end bosses are for the most part your classic Mr. Big. There's nothing wrong with it, but a lot of the earlier bosses had a big more personality. Outtside of DQI and DQ2 NES, (and DQVII) I didn't have the same problem with the later big bosses either that I did with those three from a challenge standpoint.

Necrosaro shows a bit of personality, and that's why he won going away beforehand. I didn't vote for him in this tourney because he won once. There's a shade of gray there.

Hellcloud was my own personal achilles heel in a major way when I was playing DQVII. That one is based on gaming experience.

Marcello was an arrogant jackass who got his in the end. I think we all know somebody like that to a degree. You just knew you were going to fight him at some point during the game.

Speaking of Marcello the other day my friend beat DQ 8, we were watching the scene where he almost falls off the cliff but doesnt and he walks off. Where the heck does he go? Does he go and hang himself for being such a jerk?

Guest Plattym3

Marcello winning is going to kill me.

All four are amazing bosses, and possibly what I would pick out of DQ series as being the top four bosses. Marcello included. He is a brilliant character, being arrogant but not evil. If it wasn't for Rhapthorne, Angelo and Marcello would have never made up, nor would you have been given the opportunity to best him. He is bittersweet, and the fight against him is one of the more epic fights, while at the same time not being the toughest...

Still, my vote goes to Necrosaro. No other game makes me more sad to fight the final boss then when I fight Saro ;_;

Better than Necrosaro winning again. >_>

He shouldn't have been allowed in another tournament. He's too popular. <_<

Oh yeah, if by chance the match is tied at the end of the voting period, I will extend it another 24 hours.

Couldn't agree more. How exactly he got this far I will never understand

I chose Zoma to balance it out a bit. If more people would vote for Deathmore, we could potentially see a 4 way tie. XD