Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Esturkdq4

Esturkdq4's Tournament #5:Best RPG Song

Alright, the current Tourney should be finished by Saturday Night/Sunday Morning, so let's get started Nominating Some Songs.

There will be 128 Songs, as voted by Dragons Den Users. I will be needing 16 Users(Including Myself) to Nominate 8 Songs Each to get all 128. The Trick is, I will need links to the nominated songs(youtube/putfile, etc.), that way I don't need to search around for them, and if they aren't there, have a problem, and what game the song is from. Doesn't matter what kind of Song, as long as it's from an RPG(Zelda is excluded). One last thing, I don't want videos with game highlights that have the song in it, but just videos that have the song with either an image or no background at all.

NOMINATE AWAY!

Echo of Horns Throughout the Castle (Castle theme) Dragon Quest VII

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96BYTfssW3Y (me own vid')

How many can we nominate?

I just bolded it, but I already said 8 each, and your link says it isn't available.

I'm sorry, It's being processed..and I read the post wrong then. :P sorry there.

Edit: Video done :D!

it's alright, things happen.

Guest Plattym3

OK, I'll just go on record right now saying you'll not be getting more than a few nominations from me. I had a mini-epic (at the time) topic a long time ago (3+ years) titled something like "Video Game Music - Who cares?" or something like that. It's not that I don't like the music, but I play 95% of my games while watching TV or listening to music or audiobooks. I remember Erdrick (who's deaf) and I got totally ripped in that topic.

Once you get the polls going, I'll listen and vote, but no nominations from me other than:

Miz - In The Sky (Japanese Version)

Miz - In The Sky (English)

from Grandia III. I had the Japanese version on my iPod for almost a year before the English version came out with the game here, so I had 2 really long and different experiences with each version, thus the 2 nominations.

Kingdom Hearts - Simple & Clean

Kingdom Hearts 2 - Sanctuary

Dragon Quest VIII Theme Song (Overture)

Oh and sorry about the gameplay stuff, it's going to be 100% unaviodable down the road for many of us, so again sorry.

Hmmm, actually surprised myself on the 5 nominations (or 4 depending how you handle the Miz songs)

OK, I'll just go on record right now saying you'll not be getting more than a few nominations from me. I had a mini-epic (at the time) topic a long time ago (3+ years) titled something like "Video Game Music - Who cares?" or something like that. It's not that I don't like the music, but I play 95% of my games while watching TV or listening to music or audiobooks. I remember Erdrick (who's deaf) and I got totally ripped in that topic.

Once you get the polls going, I'll listen and vote, but no nominations from me other than:

Miz - In The Sky (Japanese Version)

Miz - In The Sky (English)

from Grandia III. I had the Japanese version on my iPod for almost a year before the English version came out with the game here, so I had 2 really long and different experiences with each version, thus the 2 nominations.

Kingdom Hearts - Simple & Clean

Kingdom Hearts 2 - Sanctuary

Dragon Quest VIII Theme Song (Overture)

Oh and sorry about the gameplay stuff, it's going to be 100% unaviodable down the road for many of us, so again sorry.

Hmmm, actually surprised myself on the 5 nominations (or 4 depending how you handle the Miz songs)

it's alright, I'm going to just use the English Version of the Grandia Song, and I'll keep the other 4 Nominations Available for you to use incase you have others until every other nomination is in. About the gameplay thing, your probably right, but I hope to avoid it as much as possible.

Guest Plattym3

I looked and found a KH one that fit your request, but the other 3 were damn near impossible.

What about MP3 files?

What about MP3 files?

as long as you provide a link that allows everyone to click, then at the link we can click play and listen, sure.

;) Best RPG Song? Most epic tune ever Doom Castle from Final Fantasy Mystic Quest for the nomination!

;) Best RPG Song? Most epic tune ever Doom Castle from Final Fantasy Mystic Quest for the nomination!

Thanks for the Nomination(I like the song too), but you still have 7 more(everyone get's 8) and I want links to each Song(read 1st post).

UPDATED List:

By Nominators

1)Esturkdq4(8/8)

2)Demon King(1/8)

3)Plattym3(4/8)

4)Tsukasa1891(8/8)

5)Slime_Master(1/8, Link not Provided)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

By Game

DQVII:1

FFI:1

FFIV:1

FFVI:1

FFXII:2

FFVIII:2

FFMQ:2(Only Link for 1)

DissidiaFF:1

Grandia III:1

KH:1

KHII:1

DQVIII:1

Xenosaga:1

FFIX:1

CCFFVII:1

FFX:2

Chrono Cross:2

15/128(11.7% Complete)

1. Time is changing - Dark Cloud 2

2. Justice to Believe -Wild Arms 5

4. You're Not Alone - FF IX

5. Electric de Chocobo- FF VII

8. Traveling - DQ VIII

I was told it was RPG- related instead of Square Enix related, so I had a few here and there from other companies, but Squenix is still dominant XD

;) Oh we get Eight? Awesomesauce!

1. Doom Castle FF Mystic Quest Link

2. Gonna Knock you down Live A Live Link

3. Tyran Fortress - Chrono Trigger:

4. Ramia's Theme - Dragon Quest III/VIII link

5. The Last Duel: Lufia II Link

6. Overworld Theme - Final Fantasy IV

7. Alefgaard - Dragon Quest I Link

8. War in China - Live A Live Link

The link from number seven is a remastered version, but hey it was the best I could find.

4. Ramia's Theme - Dragon Quest III/VIII

5. Fortress of Doom: Lufia II

7. Alefgaard - Dragon Quest I

8. War in China - Live A Live

Thx for the Noms, but I'm going to need links for the other five.

Then, can i nominate songs from Earthbound/Mother?

yes you can, any RPG is possible, as long as you can find a link to the link so everyone can listen to them when choosing who they will vote for in each match.

4. Ramia's Theme - Dragon Quest III/VIII

5. Fortress of Doom: Lufia II

7. Alefgaard - Dragon Quest I

8. War in China - Live A Live

Thx for the Noms, but I'm going to need links for the other five.

Done, See my edited post before yours.

thx Slime_Master

thx, but one problem. Cloudsdreams already nominated Your not Alone, so please choose another.