From the lazy mind of Slime Master...

Slime Master

;) You sir, are awesome! I would certainly love your contribution to my game.

I have a feature similar to your "special menu" in my game, you need two variables to store the hero's X and Y coordinates in, and another one for the Map ID. That way, you can return to exactly where you were when you go to the menu. You will also need to turn the regular menu to off, so it can't be opened on that screen.

You'll need to make either an item to do this or code the menu for a certain button., and code it this way:

Variable Ch: (Map ID Variable), Set, Hero Map ID

Variable Ch: (X Position Variable), Set, Hero X pos

Variable Ch: (Y Position Variable), Set, Hero Y pos

Teleport: (Special Menu Map)

In my mind, a "special menu" is actually a different map with the hero's appearance turned into a cursor. You have to make a map or object spritemap and use it in the room. You also need "Push Key, Below Hero" events that will take you to the 'options,' that are actually other rooms. Pressing Z/Enter/Spacebar on these events will take you to the options' screens.

Once you make an option to leave the special menu, you'll need an event like this:

<> Goto Memorized Plac: (The three variables will go here)

;) I've completed the weapons portion of the Database thus completing the item list portion of the database. Also, I've added some new skills and techniques for Rocket, Hooly and Bo, and as stated previously, I've begun work on the Fortress of the Plob. Since I am using Fixed Encounters like in FF Mystic Quest, how large should I make the area since every time you leave a floor the enemies will re-spawn? I'm currently planning on 3 floors and one Basement but I hope to pile all of this onto one map.

• 3 weeks later...
;) Pretty good so far, I've completed part of the Plob Fortress, all I really need to do is implant the monsters and fix the rewards appropriately and that area will be complete. Also, the menu and power up systems still need to be incorperated into the game before a Demo can be released.

• 3 years later...
;) Wow, it's been over three years since the last update post, but I wanted to update on the progress on the game and rather than make a whole new thread I wanted to use this one so forgive the forum necromancy :blush: . Tons of things have been done in the last three years, I figured out a work around on the level up system and made real good use of the Slime Crystal or Slime Stone which ever name catches on first. As for the custom menu, I've abandoned that idea as it's a little beyond my capabilities at this time. Also, two new lands called "Floria" (can you guess the name inspired for this town :) ) and Slimetropolis, and here at this point, Rocket encounters a new threat that's joined forces with an old less threat-ey threat and of course, more battlefields have been implamented and once some of the Floria/Slimetropolis map movement bugs are worked out AND the completion of my newest area, a Forest Maze, I should have a semi decent sized Demo ready at some point in time.

;) Wow, it's been over three years since the last update post, but I wanted to update on the progress on the game and rather than make a whole new thread I wanted to use this one so forgive the forum necromancy :blush: . Tons of things have been done in the last three years, I figured out a work around on the level up system and made real good use of the Slime Crystal or Slime Stone which ever name catches on first. As for the custom menu, I've abandoned that idea as it's a little beyond my capabilities at this time. Also, two new lands called "Floria" (can you guess the name inspired for this town :) ) and Slimetropolis, and here at this point, Rocket encounters a new threat that's joined forces with an old less threat-ey threat and of course, more battlefields have been implamented and once some of the Floria/Slimetropolis map movement bugs are worked out AND the completion of my newest area, a Forest Maze, I should have a semi decent sized Demo ready at some point in time.

awesome, i was kinda shocked to see a post from you at all, lol. Can't wait for a Demo.

;) Yeah, it's been like forever, I've been busy with either Dragon Quest IX or my new (sort of) xbox 360 :lrsmile: I'm gonna try and post up some new screenshots at some point tonight or tomorrow. I'm also contributing ideas to a friend of mine's game, he doesn't post here, least as of yet anyway, but from the sound of said game it's gonna be pretty awesome Edited by Slime Master

;) Yeah, it's been like forever, I've been busy with either Dragon Quest IX or my new (sort of) xbox 360 :lrsmile: I'm gonna try and post up some new screenshots at some point tonight or tomorrow. I'm also contributing ideas to a friend of mine's game, he doesn't post here, least as of yet anyway, but from the sound of said game it's gonna be pretty awesome

Cool, I finished my first game(though still tweaking), which I had hoped you to LP, but it seems your done or taking a major long break from doing LP's. Also working on a 2nd game, which is certainly planned to be much better and more planned out then my first.

;) As promised, I have some new screenshots to show off ^^ First off, I finally solved that little problem of leveling up in the game. Instead of the traditional Exp. Gains from main series Dragon Quest games and old school Final Fantasy titles, you accumulate Skill Points (Kinda like Ability Points in some FF games OR 13's Crystogen Points) and spend them to increase your attributes OR learn a new technique or spell.

newrocketi.png

HP can be increased by examining the statue of the Heart and each increase is done in incraments of 10.

MP can be increased by examining the statue of the Potion and every increase is done in incraments of 5.

Strength can be improved by examining the statue of the Sword and each time this is done your strength will be improved by 2

Defense, Magic, and Agility can also be improved this way and like Strength, each stat will increase by 2 every time you use them. Defense is represented by the Armor Statue, Agility is represented by the Statue of the winged boots and Magic is represented by the White Sphere.

Powering up was one of the things that kept me from making any form of real progress as I wanted to do something a little different from the traditional Exp. Leveling system. Of course this area can be accessed once you obtain the Slime Stone/Crystal/Gem, whatever name you the potential player and viewer of this thread would like it to be and of course each increase of stats will cost more and more Skill Points so be sure not to run from to many fights.

newrocketii.png

Even though The Plob are foes in this game, they aren't the only ones who wish to challenge Rocket and his Friends, introducing the Filth Force! A group of nasty blobs (and a few nasty blob like things) bent on conquering the new contenant Rocket explores. Of course their greedy Leader won't stop there as he will soon have his sights on the rest of the world, including Boingburg. Of course Rocket won't be alone in this endevor to stop the forces of evil, tagging along with Rocket are his friends from Boingburg and a cast of new characters, but with the new allies and foes awaiting Rocket in this massive adventure...

newrocketiii.png

Some old foes will resurface as well, Slival makes a return to prove himself Rocket's better once and for all and during the time between the events of Rocket Slime (and possibly Slime MoriMori 3 or even before :o ) Slival not only got a nifty new Helmet BUT he's learned some new abilities.

If I get some more Screenshots in tonight I'll edit this post, if not, I'll await some replies and of course feedback is always welcome :3

That first screenshot looks like the Final Room in FFMQ before you fight The Dark King. Everything looks pretty cool though.

;) It's probably the little barrier thingies to keep Rocket facing the "statue" and possibly the background

those are great! can't wait for a demo.

• Upvote 1

;) Thanks, Though it's established and set up, completing the coding for the power up system is probably what will delay any demo releases, BUT on the upside it could mean more gameplay hours put in with more locations to explore ^^

Oh, wow, RPGMaker 2000. That takes me back XD Although I've never really made anything worthwhile with it, I'm pretty sure I have a good understanding of the system these days. Funny enough, I've been thinking about a game based off the Slime Morimori world myself, too. If there's anything I can do to try and help you out, just say the word.

Edited by Ralphrius

;) Ralphius: That would be awesome :wd_coolslime: at the moment debugging is what I'm going to be looking for since I'm doing some things different than a standard RPG Maker 2000 game.

• 1 year later...

;) Thanks to watching of all things a Let's Play of the original NES Dragon Warrior, I got the urge to get back to work on Rocket's Big Adventure. Updates this time around are, finished up Rocket's ability to increase his stats and am currently working on the same ability for Hooly. (I've gotten to Wisdom) and I finished up the Forest Maze though I need to fix up the teleporting events and finish adding in the monster encounters there. Plus I added some new skills and composed a Wordpad Document that shows the list of skills each character learns and how many Skill Points are needed to learn them. I really should update this thread more often :P

• 1 month later...

;) I got a new screenshot to share :D

MaWz4yy.png

This is one of the newest areas I've made, it's an under water Lake area that holds a little secret. I apologize for the size of the image in advance.

;) I got a new screenshot to share :D

MaWz4yy.png

This is one of the newest areas I've made, it's an under water Lake area that holds a little secret. I apologize for the size of the image in advance.

First off, you didn't apologize in advance, it was in the same post, even after the image, so you can see it as a concurrent apology or an apology after the fact, but in no way, shape, or form is it "in advance".

That said, cool map!

• Upvote 1

;) Meh, you get the general idea though, in case this image is too big for some people's monitors, also thanks :3 I'm pretty happy with how it turned out especially now since I've added the enemy encounters. I got some other areas finished up too and once I complete this and another couple of areas, I'll be ready to release a demo of the game methinks.

;) Your phone must have a pretty big screen then, of course it was probably auto scaled down so... x3 anyway I have other areas done as well so I could screen cap a couple of more places and post em up. I also finally got most every one's power up station complete and even added in Skill/Spell learnings as well. But I mentioned that already in a previous post. :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

;) Your phone must have a pretty big screen then, of course it was probably auto scaled down so... x3 anyway I have other areas done as well so I could screen cap a couple of more places and post em up. I also finally got most every one's power up station complete and even added in Skill/Spell learnings as well. But I mentioned that already in a previous post. :laugh:

I have the Samsung Galaxy S3. It's not Note sized, but it'll eat any iPhone out there for breakfast and still have room to spare.

;) Sounds awesome :laugh: I've been hard at work the last few days on this game and after a certain part I'm gonna play test it a couple of times and then release a Demo. I'm not gonna set a tentative date for this to happen though cause one, you never know what real life stuff might come along and of course numerous side distractions.

• 2 weeks later...

;) I've been making a small little improvement to my project by recoloring some pre-existing field sprites so that they better match the enemy you encounter. Doing this has also inspired me to repaint a couple of the Slime NPCs as well for a little more variety.

bsyCJxD.png

Here's a sample of the repainting in action using of the Sprite Sheets from Dragon Quest V DS. The Gold Armored Slime Knight is Captain Pierre of the Boingburg Slime Knights. He doesn't play to big of a role here but you got to admit, he's got some spiffy armor :D