"Early 2009" release for DQIX

Fates

Guest Plattym3
maybe we will get dq5 before 9 comes out, but unlikely.

I think that is actually very likely. DQV has been out in Japan for almost 2 months. DQIX isn't coming out for quite a while. Which one do you think they'll get ready for us first? Then again, maybe with the "simultaneous world-wide release"... :tounge: oh wait, who am I kidding.

I think that is actually very likely. DQV has been out in Japan for almost 2 months. DQIX isn't coming out for quite a while. Which one do you think they'll get ready for us first? Then again, maybe with the "simultaneous world-wide release"... :tounge: oh wait, who am I kidding.

Haha, nicely put. "Simultaneous world-wide release for DQIX = Japan gets DQIX first." Unfortunately, that is just how it works with the DQ series.

I don't mean to be a downer but, im the original post i saw, it just says the "latest Dragon Quest title" which means he could be talking about DQVI, plus SE said they wanted to release the trilogy before DQIX, unless they release DQVI in october (whihc i doubt since it isnt listed for TGS and there hasn't been any talk about it), i don't think Japan will be getting a new years present.

Haha, nicely put. "Simultaneous world-wide release for DQIX = Japan gets DQIX first." Unfortunately, that is just how it works with the DQ series.

If they were to literally push for a simultaneous world-wide release, they would have to delay the game until late 2009 or early 2010.

Too me, that's kinda like in comparison to Metal Gear Solid 4 which they constantly delayed the game until June 2008 for a worldwide release.

I'm glad it's meant to be coming out quite soon but since they still haven't given an exact release date I'm a bit sceptical that it will stick to the rather vague release date given. Considering how long it's been in development so far, you'd think if it was really going to come out in possibly as soon as 4 months away that they'd give a specific date or at least a month.

Well anyway, fingers crossed. To be honest, I'm not in a huge rush to play it until I've played DQVI - to me it's more about how soon after each other DQV, VI and IX get released.

Mimas! Michi! Let's get this a soon as it comes out! And then work a schedule that's good for all, too.

You know I will! :thumbsup: The only question is if the WiFi will let us play together or not.

I'm hoping it is released between January 5th and the 15th, that way it will come out while I'm there.

Oh, you visiting Japan? Just for fun, or something else?

If it's for the Japanese release, then I has to wait until it gets localized...

;) If you're trying to get everything in the game odds are you're gonna put 400+ hours into it, you'll be busy for quite sometime.
Well if you can call march 09 early then there you go ,it has been confirmed by the prez of SE

I don't have the link at the moment but I saw it at kotaku.com

Here is the Famitsu link.

Archived