Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Plattym3

Contest #4 - Create your own monster

Guest Plattym3

OK, time to begin submissions for Contest #4 - Create your own monster.

This was a favorite contest of mine over at Slime Knights and led to my custom King Platking avitar.

Rules: Create a picture either on the computer, or hand-drawn of a new DQ monster that is a blend of 2 or more other DQ monsters. You can use any DQ main game or side game to get monster inspiration from. Woodus had literally hundreds if not thousands of monster pics here in the beastiary. Search through and use them if you feel up to it. Also, with your submission, please include a short description of this monster and it's abilities (spells, HP, gold dropped, etc.). Try not to make it more than a couple of sentences, because when we get to the voting stage, I'm putting picture and text in the voting box.

You are allowed up to 2 entries per person!

Submissions: As always, you can PM me your picture and text, or if you don't have a way to upload an image, you may email your submission at dwfan@catlover.com. Either way works. Please don't post your entries in this topic as I'd like to keep all voting anonymous as before.

Deadline: Friday, September 26 @ 11:59 PM

Have fun, be creative!

OK, time to begin submissions for Contest #4 - Create your own monster.

This was a favorite contest of mine over at Slime Knights and led to my custom King Platking avitar.

Rules: Create a picture either on the computer, or hand-drawn of a new DQ monster that is a blend of 2 or more other DQ monsters. You can use any DQ main game or side game to get monster inspiration from. Woodus had literally hundreds if not thousands of monster pics here in the beastiary. Search through and use them if you feel up to it. Also, with your submission, please include a short description of this monster and it's abilities (spells, HP, gold dropped, etc.). Try not to make it more than a couple of sentences, because when we get to the voting stage, I'm putting picture and text in the voting box.

Submissions: As always, you can PM me your picture and text, or if you don't have a way to upload an image, you may email your submission at dwfan@catlover.com. Either way works. Please don't post your entries in this topic as I'd like to keep all voting anonymous as before.

Deadline: Friday, September 26 @ 11:59 PM

Have fun, be creative!

I just submitted mine to you in email. Hope I win!!

PMed you mine

How about the winner get their creation as the badge?

Guest Plattym3

Sounds like a great idea! Keep your submissions coming!

Guest Plattym3

I got it, thank you. Remember you may enter 2 monsters.

I'm going to set up 2 polls this weekend with half the entries in each. If you enter twice, I will put one of your monsters in each. I will put the single submissions equally into those polls as well. We'll get the 2 semi-finalists and then go to a new poll for the final. I guess if you're really good it could conceivably be you vs. you in the finals!

;) Sent mine to you via PM.

Guest Plattym3

For all you former Slime Knights.

Please feel free to submit your old monsters you created for this exact contest years ago over at SK!

Sent mine!

You should spin this off into a tournament as well for another badge.

Guest Plattym3

How so? Do you mean a predict the winner? And then do 2 at a time like in the tournament section?

BIG NOTE:

I'm going to change the submission due date to Sunday, September 28th at 4:00 PM EST. I'm going to a football game 100 miles north of where I live on Saturday and another football game 100 miles south of where I live on Sunday. I'm leaving Friday night so I won't be able to update and get the polls going until Sunday evening/night anyway, so I'll give you most of the weekend to submit. Gotta figure out how to NOT close this topic down now at 11:59 Friday...

How so? Do you mean a predict the winner? And then do 2 at a time like in the tournament section?

Bingo :)

Guest Plattym3

Sounds like a plan! This'll give me even more time to prepare then to do the tourney next week. On Sunday evening I'll list all the submissions and then we'll have a predict the winner contest until like Wednesday or something, then I can get the tourney and brackets set up for Thursday.

Makes my life easier as I'm so damn busy this weekend and then Monday I'm working 3 different jobs from 7AM to 9PM as well as trying to print shipping labels and get out the 31 eBay auction items that'll end late Sunday (can anyone say OVERLOAD).

Wow, don't burn out :)

Guest Plattym3

Had I been thinking ahead, I would have wisely put all my stuff on eBay last weekend but scheduled them to start this weekend and end in October to avoid the busy weekend & Monday. Oh well, "keep busy" is my new motto (on Tuesday it will be "relax").