Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hamish

Battles of the Sky

A story from the person who is writing the fanfic: The Seven Orbs of the Seven Sages, brings you,

BATTLES

OF

THE SKY

16 years ago, a black hole threatened the being of a planet known as Urth. But instead of ripping the peacefull planet to shreads, the hole pulled the continents and land blocks apart. Leaving Urth a land with continents and countries floating in the skies. But chaos was in the air because of this seperation of land. So The Separatan Empire took control. But after many years of peace in the new-world empire, the leader of the Separatan's died. Unfortunately, his succsesor was a tyrrant. 16 years later the Empire had currupted many leaders, and taken many lives. But for 16 year old Kix, his life as a legendary hero, had only just begun...

(Ok, so that was the intro to my story about Kix and his adventures about battling the Separatan Empire and eventually, restoring peace to Urth. Tell me what you think and I'll write the 1st chapter)!

Yeah, I know. But I want the story to explain itself, not the intro to do all the explaining. But I know what you mean. I do need to elaborate a bit more when I write.

Kul. Of course, the pun 'Urth' is definitely a been-done. I can see your point of keeping the intro short as not to ruin anything, but this is more like a movie trailer. Or maybe something that would start off a Mana game, or FF. Nevertheless, I want to see more. We could go into showbiz if I dont like it. :D

Heh, nice post. Here's a little something to get started........

LODOSS CITY, 5008 AD, 21/2/08 11:00 AM.

Kix walked through the corridors of Lodoss palace as he followed his mentor Boraku.

"Remember Kix, this is Queen Shara we are talking about. The most powerfull person in the world!"

"Apart from Emperor Zentos." Kix replied with a smile.

Boraku smiled, but returned to a frown when they reached an intersection in the corridors. "??? Now which way was it again?"

Kix looked around the stone, sunlight-filled walls for someone who perhaps knew the way.

"Boraku!" Said Kix. "Why don't we ask that guard over there, he seems to know where he's going."

Master Boraku nodded and apprached the Palace Guard while Kix followed behind.

"Excuse me young one," Boraku started.

"Are you Queen Shara's guard too?" The Boy interrupted.

"Yeah," Said Kix. "I heard there would be another one. I'm Kix Chi and this is my master Boraku Fu."

They exchanged handshakes.

"I'm Tora Xuu. Pleased to meet you Kix and Boraku!" Said Tora as he inspected Kix's armour and sword that identically matched his.

Boraku tapped Tora on the shoulder impatiently. "Please call me Master Boraku! If you want to guard The Queen you'll need to show respect! And it starts with respectfully addressing your elders!"

"Sorry Bora.. I mean Master Boraku," Tora said. "It won't happen again."

Borkau smiled. "Good. Now, would you happed to know where the throne room is? We seem to have lost our way."

"We?" Kix laughed. "This is the first time I've been in this part of the castle, and you go here all the time!"

"Anyway," Boraku said as he gave Kix a respect-me-or-all-the-respect-you'll-be-getting-is-a-smack-on-the-ass look. "Would you happen to know the way?"

"Yes," Tora spoke. "I've grown up in this part of the castle all my life so I know my way around."

"Your the leader." Kix said as Tora began walking and muttering something about arrogant old swordsmanship mentors.

Kix and Boraku followed Tora through many corridors and down many stairs, but finally, they reached their journey's end. They stopped at a large oak door. In front of the door (in guard), was a short, strong, armoured dwarf with a battle axe the size of a boulder.

"Who may you be?" Questioned the dwarf guard in his strong Scottish accent.

Boraku stepped forward and took the lead. "I'm Master Boraku Fu and these are my associates Apprectice Kix Chi and Apprentice Tora Xuu."

The dwarf moved closer to inspect the three armoured and armed men.

"What right do you have to seek an audience with Queen Sasha. These are dark times and she has no time to mess with jesters. To much work dealing with the resistence."

Boraku growled. "Dwarf, I realise the times of darkness, but right now we must see the Queen! She has invited us personally!"

"Huh? An invitation? Wait here. I'll ask her highness, but while I'm gone, DON'T try anything!"

It was a long time until the dwarf guard came back. But when he did he left the door open and motioned for the three to go in. Boraku lead the way as Kix and Tora followed behind into the lightness of the throne room. The throne room was a semicircle shape with large church-style windows on the curved side of the room. The light that burst through the windows would of made the room feel light and heavenly. But the presence of the Imperial Advisor, Jorunkun, made the room leave a bitter taste in Boraku, Kix and Tora's mouths. And in the far-center of the room, draped in white robes and seated high upon her throne sat Shara Amala, Queen and Puppet over Lodoss City. The three bowed in respect.

"The Master and his apprentices your highness." Jorunkun explained as the Queen had become blind since the black-hole.

"Ah....." She said slowly. "Thankyou Jorunkun. Now Master Boraku, rise."

Boraku stood and re-sheathed his sword. "If you have forgotten my highness, today is the day that Kix and Tora are to be knighted and each swear oaths to your guard."

Shara smiled. "I may be old and weary, but my memories still carry on. I have not forgotten. So...... let's begin."

Queen Shara Amala turned to the direction she thought Jorunkun was (which was actually quite the opposite) and said:

"Jorunkun! Un-sheath your sword! I wan't you to Knight these men and make then repeat the oath that ties them to loyalty."

"As you wish." Jorunkun said as he drew he is sword and Boraku Joined Tora and Kix in kneeling. Jorunkun approached Tora and touched him on the shoulders with his sword.

"Rise Sir Tora Xuu of Lodoss" He said as Tora obediently rose with a smile.

Next Jorunkun approached Boraku and touched sword with shoulder.

"Rise Sir Boraku Fu of Lodoss."He said as Boraku rose with no expression out of respect.

And finally Jorunkun walked over to Kix and bore the young mans shoulders to the touch of an Imperial blade.

"Rise Sir Kix Chi of Lodoss!" Jorunkun said as Kix rose with a feeling of un-natural uneasyness.

Jorunkun staightened himself as the sun's light bounced of his black armour.

"Repeat after me: I, servant of the Queen will always, from here on now and forever, protect this Kingdom and The Queen under which it is governed. I will risk my life to bring her protection and peace and I will be loyal to my Queen and country. May the Gods bless the Queen."

Well that's what I have right now. But I've got a great idea for the next post. Very intense and very battle-ish.

Lodoss? Shara? isn't this the world of your RPG, too?

Anyway, OMG I loved the look Boraku gave Kix. Plus, this time you posted enough for me to know.

Me likes.

Yeh, there are the smae names and stuff. I'm actually thinking of tying the two stories and making Leigh become one of the main characters. But I think it might make the story a bit too complicated. Anyhoo, here's a little more to feed on.

"Now," Said Queen Shara. "Jorunkun! Take these men to their new guard quarters, so they can get refreshed and clean."

Jorunkun nodded in her direction. "As you wish."

Jorunkun began to lead Kix, Boraku and Tora away.

"Wait Master!" Shara beckoned as Boraku turned to face her.

"Yes?"

"After you and your men clean up," She replied, "Please join me for lunch."

"Just you and me?" Boraku said eager to get some royal special time.

"Oh no!" Said the Queen shortly. "Tora and Kix are invited too."

"Rats!" Boraku silently cursed as Kix and Tora had a mini-celebration over the feast that was to come.

"That is all." Shara said. "Adviser Jorunkun, you may take them to their quarters now."

Jorunkun nodded and signalled for the three to follow him out the door. Kix followed but stopped when he heard an ear-piercing scream. From the other side of the door.

"What the hell was that!" He excalimed as he drew his sword.

"Probably one of those rats in the kitchens again!" Tora joked.

"We better check it out." Said Boraku as he, Jorunkun, Kix and Tora drew their swords and ran through the doors.

"Don't be long dears!" Shara yelled. "The roast chicken is almost ready!"

On the other side of the door, (where the dwarven guard would of been standing), was the guard's body. On the floor with an arrow in his heart. Dead. Tora looked at the body with a sad expression.

"He had no chance. And so young too."

"He was 3002." Jorunkun remarked.

"Oh."

Kix began to walk forward. Looking for any trace of the murderer in the dark, stone corridors of the castle. Out of the corner of his eye he spotted a girl with an arrow aimed right for him. WOOSH. The arrow speeded right toward him and it moved so fast that he only had a fraction of a second to move. It just nicked his arm as it flew pass and harmlessly hit the wall. With blood dripping from a gap in his silver armour, Kix charged for the girl but had to stop to care for his arm.

"Who was it?" Boraku demanded as he and the others rush to help him.

"I'm okay." Kix retorted.

"I asked who was it!"

"I think," Kix said. "that it was the resistance.

Tora readied his sword. "Those rats! I bet their out to get the Queen!"

"Hurry!" Jorunkun said. "We may be too late!

The four charged into the throne room. Just in time to see the girl's arrow fly into the Queens heart.

Kix ran towards the girl in rage. His sword high in the air. Boraku, Tora and Jorunkun followed as more resistance scum poured through a hole in the wall. This was it. Kix lept into the air and slammed his sword as the girl archer switly backflipped out of the way. Kix swung again but only to be slammed in the face by her foot. Once he regained his focus, Kix charged again. He was stopped when two resistance men with knives blocked his path.

"Picking on the girlies are you?" One of them jeered.

"Now I'm picking on you!" Kix yelled as he charged and slammed his sword in the side of the first man. He fell.

Once relieved of shock, the second man charged and stabbed with his knife. Kix lept to the side and then slashed fiercely. The rebel cried in pain as heis bloodied arm fell to the ground and himself with it. Without his arm, the man was defensless as Kix appraoched for the finishing stroke.

"Why did you kill her!" Kix cried

The rebel looked up at Kix with a brave expression.

"Because I believe in an un-slaved Urth."

And with that, Kix killed the man with a stab through his skull.

The battle was over. Boraku, Kix, Tora and Jorunkun had won. But only partially. The Queen Shara that had puppeted over Lodoss had been slayed. Her slayer, (the rebel girl archer), had escaped back to the secret resistance fort, she,

was the only rebel that had survived. So that day was a day of hardship and grief. As the coffin was carried down the archway. Servants and guards. Tears. Rebels and slaves shared no such grief. They shared triumph. And as the sun set marking the end of the day, Kix wondered if the death of Queen Shara was really that bad at all. He wondered what it was like to be a slave. What it was like to be left to rott. To be treated like scum.

Well! I told you the next post would be intense! Man! That was SO fun to wright! In the next post Boraku, Kix and Tora will be assigned to an important mission.

"He had no chance. and so young too."

"he was 3002."

"oh."

XDDD Thats great. I love how you always find a way to work in some humor.

I was just wondering, can you guys open PDF files on your computer?

Possibly. I access from school, my home CPU, and my PS3, so its worth a shot.

Cool! because I want to write the story on a file on my desktop too so I don't want to have to write it out twice.

Nope, cant open it. you can copy and paste from them though.

Okay, I will. The rest of the story goes a little something like this.........

BATTLES

OF THE

SKY

written by DEFTSCAR

Jorunkun sat in his office while he wrote his report on the rebel assassination. He was to right in detail the exact things that had happened that morning, so that Emperor Zentos would become acquainted with the truth of the death. The advisor paused in mid sentence to dip his feather in the ink, but soon put the feather down and looked up as a knock came from the door.

“Come in!” Jorunkun said as shortly afterwards Boraku, Kix and Tora walked in. Armoured and Armed.

“You called for us?” Boraku said as he respectfully bowed.

“Yes.” Jorunkun replied.

Tora fidgeted. “Yes......yes what?”

“Hmph!” The Adviser grunted with dislike. “Emperor Zentos has assigned you three a mission.”

Kix’s eyes gleamed with disbelief. “A mission?”

“Yes a mission.”

“Like a real mission?”

“Yes like a real mission.” Jorunkun said with a smaile as he and Boraku shared a roll-of-the-eyes.

Kix beamed delightfully. “Like a real mission mission?”

“YES A REAL MISSION MISSION!” Jorunkun yelled with frustration.

“Now,” he said after he had calmed down. “After the uh, “incident” yesterday morning, some of our scene investegators found this.” He said before he pulled out a shiny, brown gem that seemed to light up the whole room.

“What?” Tora said with a laugh. “A fresh dog poo?”

“Tora!” Boraku said shortly.

“It is believed,” Jorunkun continued. “That this stone belongs to the leader of the rebellion herself, Sen Katara.”

He looked over at Kix with a smile. “Your little gilrfriend.”

Kix grimaced as he looked over his fresh cut on his arm.

“One of our guards knew a merchant who had a rock excactly like this one. So we sent our men over there to torture him ‘till he spills. He did. Turns out he used to be a rebelion healer who healed wounded men. And guess what?”

“What?’ Said Kix eager to begin the mission.

“He had a map to the rebels secret fort.” Replied Jorunkun with a smile. “This is where you come in. The Emperor wants you three to visit their little base and kidnap Sen Katara. Bring her back here and we can give her all the pain she deserves.”

Boraku frowned. “If the Empire knows where the rebels are, why don’t they just send an attack force to slaughter them?”

“Because,” replied Jorunkun. “Zentos has his forces too controled on the Ibengard invasion. You know, trying to “convince” the King of Ibengard to let The Empire take control. Anyway, our forces are few, so we don’t have enough men to begin an all-out scale attack on the Rebel Fort. Maybe a few months after the invasion of Ibengard when our army has re-collected. But right now all the power we have is to send a few kidnappers to “collect” Sen Katara.”

“Why wearn’t you assigned to this mission aswell?” Asked Tora in confusion.

“Because Emperor Zentos needs me to govern over the porceedings of Queen Shara’s death.”

More like take control. Thought Kix with disgust. The Empire is just thirsty for power.

“Anyway,” The Adviser said. “I’d like you three to have these.”

Jorunkun handed the brown Rebel Gem to Boraku and then handed him a map.

“Ive plotted your journey on the map to the Fort. And the gem might help you in gaining some rebel trust.”

Tora snatched the map off Boraku and inspected the map.

“Hey!” He said. “The trail starts not to far away from the Fort in the Arconian Desert!”

“Ah yes,” Said Jorunkun. “One of our airships will be here to pick you up in the morning and drop you off not too far away from the Fort. But not too close that you’ll be spotted.”

“Cool.” Said Kix enthusiasticly.

“Tommorrow is it?” Boraku asked.

“Yeah.”

“Good.” Replied Boraku, pleased. “I can get these boy to do some training.”

“What!” Cried Tora. “I can’t believe this old fart.”

So the three payed their respects to Jorunkun and left to go training. Tora was spanked for calling Boraku and old fart, and Kix laughed at Tora the whole time.

Oh boy. You know I love the sarcasm.

Ok heres the story so far plus the new bit.

BATTLES

OF THE

SKY

written by DEFTSCAR

16 years ago, a black hole threatened the being of a planet known as Urth. But instead of ripping the peaceful planet to shreds, the hole pulled the continents and land blocks apart. Leaving Urth a land with continents and countries floating in the skies. But chaos was in the air because of this separation of land. So The Separatan Empire took control. But after many years of peace in the new-world empire, the leader of the Separatan's died. Unfortunately, his succsesor was a tyrant. 16 years later the Empire had corrupted many leaders, and taken many lives. But for 16 year old Kix, his life as a legendary hero, had only just begun...

LODOSS CITY, 5008 AD, 21/2/08 11:00 AM.

Kix walked through the corridors of Lodoss palace as he followed his mentor Boraku.

"Remember Kix, this is Queen Shara we are talking about. The most powerful person in the world!"

"Apart from Emperor Zentos." Kix replied with a smile.

Boraku smiled, but returned to a frown when they reached an intersection in the corridors. Now which way was it again?"

Kix looked around the stone, sunlight-filled walls for someone who perhaps knew the way.

"Boraku!" Said Kix. "Why don't we ask that guard over there, he seems to know where he's going."

Master Boraku nodded and approached the Palace Guard while Kix followed behind.

"Excuse me young one," Boraku started.

"Are you Queen Share's guard too?" The Boy interrupted.

"Yeah," Said Kix. "I heard there would be another one. I'm Kix Chi and this is my master Boraku Fu."

They exchanged handshakes.

"I'm Tora Xuu. Pleased to meet you Kix and Boraku!" Said Tora as he inspected Kix's armour and sword that identically matched his.

Boraku tapped Tora on the shoulder impatiently. "Please call me Master Boraku! If you want to guard The Queen you'll need to show respect! And it starts with respectfully addressing your elders!"

"Sorry Bora.. I mean Master Boraku," Tora said. "It won't happen again."

Boraku smiled. "Good. Now, would you happen to know where the throne room is? We seem to have lost our way."

"We?" Kix laughed. "This is the first time I've been in this part of the castle, and you go here all the time!"

"Anyway," Boraku said as he gave Kix a respect-me-or-all-the-respect-you'll-be-getting-is-a-smack-on-the-ass look. "Would you happen to know the way?"

"Yes," Tora spoke. "I've grown up in this part of the castle all my life so I know my way around."

"Your the leader." Kix said as Tora began walking and muttering something about arrogant old swordsmanship mentors.

Kix and Boraku followed Tora through many corridors and down many stairs, but finally, they reached their journey's end. They stopped at a large oak door. In front of the door (in guard), was a short, strong, armoured dwarf with a battle axe the size of a boulder.

"Who may you be?" Questioned the dwarf guard in his strong Scottish accent.

Boraku stepped forward and took the lead. "I'm Master Boraku Fu and these are my associates Apprectice Kix Chi and Apprentice Tora Xuu."

The dwarf moved closer to inspect the three armoured and armed men.

"What right do you have to seek an audience with Queen Sasha. These are dark times and she has no time to mess with jesters. To much work dealing with the resistence."

Boraku growled. "Dwarf, I realise the times of darkness, but right now we must see the Queen! She has invited us personally!"

"Huh? An invitation? Wait here. I'll ask her highness, but while I'm gone, DON'T try anything!"

It was a long time until the dwarf guard came back. But when he did he left the door open and motioned for the three to go in. Boraku lead the way as Kix and Tora followed behind into the lightness of the throne room. The throne room was a semicircle shape with large church-style windows on the curved side of the room. The light that burst through the windows would of made the room feel light and heavenly. But the presence of the Imperial Advisor, Jorunkun, made the room leave a bitter taste in Boraku, Kix and Tora's mouths. And in the far-center of the room, draped in white robes and seated high upon her throne sat Shara Amala, Queen and Puppet over Lodoss City. The three bowed in respect.

"The Master and his apprentices your highness." Jorunkun explained as the Queen had become blind since the black-hole.

"Ah....." She said slowly. "Thankyou Jorunkun. Now Master Boraku, rise."

Boraku stood and re-sheathed his sword. "If you have forgotten my highness, today is the day that Kix and Tora are to be knighted and each swear oaths to your guard."

Shara smiled. "I may be old and weary, but my memories still carry on. I have not forgotten. So...... let's begin."

Queen Shara Amala turned to the direction she thought Jorunkun was (which was actually quite the opposite) and said:

"Jorunkun! Un-sheath your sword! I wan't you to Knight these men and make then repeat the oath that ties them to loyalty."

"As you wish." Jorunkun said as he drew he is sword and Boraku Joined Tora and Kix in kneeling. Jorunkun approached Tora and touched him on the shoulders with his sword.

"Rise Sir Tora Xuu of Lodoss" He said as Tora obediently rose with a smile.

Next Jorunkun approached Boraku and touched sword with shoulder.

"Rise Sir Boraku Fu of Lodoss."He said as Boraku rose with no expression out of respect.

And finally Jorunkun walked over to Kix and bore the young mans shoulders to the touch of an Imperial blade.

"Rise Sir Kix Chi of Lodoss!" Jorunkun said as Kix rose with a feeling of un-natural uneasyness.

Jorunkun staightened himself as the sun's light bounced of his black armour.

"Repeat after me: I, servant of the Queen will always, from here on now and forever, protect this Kingdom and The Queen under which it is governed. I will risk my life to bring her protection and peace and I will be loyal to my Queen and country. May the Gods bless the Queen."

"Now," Said Queen Shara. "Jorunkun! Take these men to their new guard quarters, so they can get refreshed and clean."

Jorunkun nodded in her direction. "As you wish."

Jorunkun began to lead Kix, Boraku and Tora away.

"Wait Master!" Shara beckoned as Boraku turned to face her.

"Yes?"

"After you and your men clean up," She replied, "Please join me for lunch."

"Just you and me?" Boraku said eager to get some royal special time.

"Oh no!" Said the Queen shortly. "Tora and Kix are invited too."

"Rats!" Boraku silently cursed as Kix and Tora had a mini-celebration over the feast that was to come.

"That is all." Shara said. "Adviser Jorunkun, you may take them to their quarters now."

Jorunkun nodded and signalled for the three to follow him out the door. Kix followed but stopped when he heard an ear-piercing scream. From the other side of the door.

"What the hell was that!" He excalimed as he drew his sword.

"Probably one of those rats in the kitchens again!" Tora joked.

"We better check it out." Said Boraku as he, Jorunkun, Kix and Tora drew their swords and ran through the doors.

"Don't be long dears!" Shara yelled. "The roast chicken is almost ready!"

On the other side of the door, (where the dwarven guard would of been standing), was the guard's body. On the floor with an arrow in his heart. Dead. Tora looked at the body with a sad expression.

"He had no chance. And so young too."

"He was 3002." Jorunkun remarked.

"Oh."

Kix began to walk forward. Looking for any trace of the murderer in the dark, stone corridors of the castle. Out of the corner of his eye he spotted a girl with an arrow aimed right for him. WOOSH. The arrow sped right toward him and it moved so fast that he only had a fraction of a second to move. It just nicked his arm as it flew pass and harmlessly hit the wall. With blood dripping from a gap in his silver armour, Kix charged for the girl but had to stop to care for his arm.

"Who was it?" Boraku demanded as he and the others rush to help him.

"I'm okay." Kix retorted.

"I asked who was it!"

"I think," Kix said. "that it was the resistance.

Tora readied his sword. "Those rats! I bet their out to get the Queen!"

"Hurry!" Jorunkun said. "We may be too late!

The four charged into the throne room. Just in time to see the girl's arrow fly into the Queens heart.

Kix ran towards the girl in rage. His sword high in the air. Boraku, Tora and Jorunkun followed as more resistance scum poured through a hole in the wall. This was it. Kix lept into the air and slammed his sword as the girl archer switly backflipped out of the way. Kix swung again but only to be slammed in the face by her foot. Once he regained his focus, Kix charged again. He was stopped when two resistance men with knives blocked his path.

"Picking on the girlies are you?" One of them jeered.

"Now I'm picking on you!" Kix yelled as he charged and slammed his sword in the side of the first man. He fell.

Once relieved of shock, the second man charged and stabbed with his knife. Kix lept to the side and then slashed fiercely. The rebel cried in pain as his bloodied arm fell to the ground and himself with it. Without his arm, the man was defensless as Kix appraoched for the finishing stroke.

"Why did you kill her!" Kix cried

The rebel looked up at Kix with a brave expression.

"Because I believe in an un-slaved Urth."

And with that, Kix killed the man with a stab through his skull.

The battle was over. Boraku, Kix, Tora and Jorunkun had won. But only partially. The Queen Shara that had puppeted over Lodoss had been slayed. Her slayer, (the rebel girl archer), had escaped back to the secret resistance fort, she,

was the only rebel that had survived. So that day was a day of hardship and grief. As the coffin was carried down the archway. Servants and guards. Tears. Rebels and slaves shared no such grief. They shared triumph. And as the sun set marking the end of the day, Kix wondered if the death of Queen Shara was really that bad at all. He wondered what it was like to be a slave. What it was like to be left to rott. To be treated like scum.

Jorunkun sat in his office while he wrote his report on the rebel assassination. He was to right in detail the exact things that had happened that morning, so that Emperor Zentos would become acquainted with the truth of the death. The advisor paused in mid sentence to dip his feather in the ink, but soon put the feather down and looked up as a knock came from the door.

“Come in!” Jorunkun said as shortly afterwards Boraku, Kix and Tora walked in. Armoured and Armed.

“You called for us?” Boraku said as he respectfully bowed.

“Yes.” Jorunkun replied.

Tora fidgeted. “Yes......yes what?”

“Hmph!” The Adviser grunted with dislike. “Emperor Zentos has assigned you three a mission.”

Kix’s eyes gleamed with disbelief. “A mission?”

“Yes a mission.”

“Like a real mission?”

“Yes like a real mission.” Jorunkun said with a smaile as he and Boraku shared a roll-of-the-eyes.

Kix beamed delightfully. “Like a real mission mission?”

“YES A REAL MISSION MISSION!” Jorunkun yelled with frustration.

“Now,” he said after he had calmed down. “After the uh, “incident” yesterday morning, some of our scene investegators found this.” He said before he pulled out a shiny, brown gem that seemed to light up the whole room.

“What?” Tora said with a laugh. “A fresh dog poo?”

“Tora!” Boraku said shortly.

“It is believed,” Jorunkun continued. “That this stone belongs to the leader of the rebellion herself, Sen Katara.”

He looked over at Kix with a smile. “Your little gilrfriend.”

Kix grimaced as he looked over his fresh cut on his arm.

“One of our guards knew a merchant who had a rock excactly like this one. So we sent our men over there to torture him ‘till he spills. He did. Turns out he used to be a rebelion healer who healed wounded men. And guess what?”

“What?’ Said Kix eager to begin the mission.

“He had a map to the rebels secret fort.” Replied Jorunkun with a smile. “This is where you come in. The Emperor wants you three to visit their little base and kidnap Sen Katara. Bring her back here and we can give her all the pain she deserves.”

Boraku frowned. “If the Empire knows where the rebels are, why don’t they just send an attack force to slaughter them?”

“Because,” replied Jorunkun. “Zentos has his forces too controled on the Ibengard invasion. You know, trying to “convince” the Elf King of Ibengard to let The Empire take control. Anyway, our forces are few, so we don’t have enough men to begin an all-out scale attack on the Rebel Fort. Maybe a few months after the invasion of Ibengard when our army has re-collected. But right now all the power we have is to send a few kidnappers to “collect” Sen Katara.”

“Why wearn’t you assigned to this mission aswell?” Asked Tora in confusion.

“Because Emperor Zentos needs me to govern over the proceedings of Queen Shara’s death.”

More like take control. Thought Kix with disgust. The Empire is just thirsty for power. But, they did take me in when the rebels killed my parents.

“Anyway,” The Adviser said. “I’d like you three to have these.”

Jorunkun handed the brown Rebel Gem to Boraku and then handed him a map.

“Ive plotted your journey on the map to the Fort. And the gem might help you in gaining some rebel trust.”

Tora snatched the map off Boraku and inspected the map.

“Hey!” He said. “The trail starts not to far away from the Fort in the Arconian Desert!”

“Ah yes,” Said Jorunkun. “One of our airships will be here to pick you up in the morning and drop you off not too far away from the Fort. But not too close that you’ll be spotted.”

“Cool.” Said Kix enthusiasticly.

“Tommorrow is it?” Boraku asked.

“Yeah.”

“Good.” Replied Boraku, pleased. “I can get these boy to do some training.”

“What!” Cried Tora. “I can’t believe this old fart.”

So the three payed their respects to Jorunkun and left to go training. Tora was spanked for calling Boraku an old fart, and Kix laughed at Tora the whole time.

LODOSS CITY, EAST AERODROME, 6:00 AM

Kix followed Tora and Boraku into the North Aerodrome. The entry archway was packed with people trying to get in and out of the aerodrome. The people going in were saying goodbye to loved ones, while the ones coming out had home-sweet-home smiles on their faces. Once the three were in the Aerodrome, Kix imediately noticed that everyone was staring at them. But not with happy encouraging looks, but with looks of disgust and hatred.

“Uh,” Kix stammerd as he followed Boraku and Tora. “Why is everyone starring at us?”

“Not us, you. Your fly’s open.” Said Tora with a chuckle.

“Well it’s cheaper then air-conditioning!” Kix retorted. “And besides, I’ve got armour on!”

“Enough.” Boraku growled. “I’m not a mind reader, but I’m guessing that these people have no love for the Empire.”

The three kept walking for a few seconds in silence.

“Why?” Kix asked. His question was soon answered when he saw an Imperial soldier whip a slave’s back. The man shrieked with agong as he was whipped again and again. Only because the slave had accidently bumped into his Imperial master.

“I guess there’s your answer.” Tora said coldly with a grim look on his face.

“I often question why I continue to serve the Emperor.” Boraku said. “I have never had love for the Empire and it’s tyranny, I only served to be of service to Queen Shara.”

“Yes.” Kix agreed. “But in her blindness she was a puppet.”

“Just as much of puppets we are for going on this mission.”

An Imperial Pilot began to approach them.

“Welcome Sir Master Boraku.” The Pilot said as he shook hands with Boraku. “Kix Chi, Tora Xuu. I see you three have gathered quite a crowd!”

The Pilot said indicating to the sea of angry faces.

“The Lodossans should be more respectfull to their future heroes. Would it please you Sir if my men gave them the punishment they deserve? You know a bit of a whipping.”

“Ah, thanks but no thanks Pilot Ziram.” Said Boraku shortly. “But I believe that Advisor Jorunkun assigned you to fly us to the Arconian desert not to beat up helpless people.”

Ziram cautiously paused. “Do you question the Empire’s power Master Boraku?”

“I know where I stand.”

“I know you know.” Replied Pilot Ziram as he staightened himself up. “Well then, why don’t you three heroes board my proud airship? Her name’s Dragon’s Claw. She was the first ship I ever flew! What a bueaty!”

“It must be pretty old then!” Tora smirked.

Ziram chuckled. “ I like this one! He has witts. But can he hold out in a fight?”

“Is that that a challenge?” Tora asked with a compeditive fire in his eyes.

In seeing Tora’s demanding expression The Pilot immediately backed down. “A challenge! Master Tora! I was meerly joking!”

“Whatever.”

“Well!” Said Kix, eager to get away from the angry faces. “Shall we fly?”

“Oh yes we shall!” Said Pilot Ziram with a smile on his face.

Pilot Ziram had shown them around the Dragon Claw. The control room, their own cabins, and the crew of the airship. There were 15 men in the crew’s total and Kix struggled to remember all of their names. They were:

Xaan, Hashera, Tuntun, Rabanshan, Serobas, Inka, Sun, Zen, Parr, Ven, Quan, Yinshuu, Wyko, Konto (a big strong ape of a man with a big battle axe) and Cattan (an Imperial archer with quite a knack for mechanics and a sense of humor to boot). Tora had instantly clicked with Cattan and they immediatly began cracking jokes and showing off their sense of humor. Once the airship started and left the aerodrome, there was no time to be joking around. Pilot Ziram started barking around orders as the crew began frantically working on the ships control’s to keep the ship stable. Once the take off proccess was complete, the flight was reletavley relaxed as the Dragon Wing flew across the sky to the Eastern continent of Arconia.

It was about midday when the Dragon Claw had flown over the edges of the Southern continent of Lodoss. As they left the floating continent, Kix for the first time in his life recognised the gravity of the situation the blackhole had left Urth in. At about the time Kix was born, (16 yrs ago), a mysterious black hole had been formed in their galaxy. As the hole of destruction traversed through the galaxy, every planet it went pass was sucked into it’s fiery depths. As the black hole edged closer and closer to Urth. People feared that their Planet woud be destroyed also. But when the day finally came, Urth’s gravitational pull proved strong enough to keep the four continents in place. But no ground underneath to stand on. The blackhole had taken the whole of Urth’s land but had left its main continents floating in place. Held by the gravitational and dark matter energy of Urth. Of course this mass miracle had left chaos in the air. People had fallen off the continents doom to forever fall. Water was scarce since all the oceans had been sucked up in the blackhole. But in the chaos, the Separatan Empire rose and aided those in need. Emperor Orpantuion was a kind fellow enough and had devoted his life to fixing up the mess the blackhole had left. But his son (Zentos) was quite the opposite. He was intent for gaining power. So when Opantuion coincidently died, Zentos became his successor. Emperor Zentos Immediately put in orders to make slaves of his people so they could slave away and build his Temple City: Hellsbane. The People of Urth immediatly Rebelled against Zentos and the Separatan Empire. Some cities such as the Elven city of Ibengard had the power to remove the grasp of The Empire from their lives, but cities like Lodoss weren’t so lucky. As the rebellion rate grew higher Zentos was intent on gaining all of Urth under his contol. So he sent his foces to attack the Eastern continent of Arconia. So by the time Kix was ten years old, The Empire consited of the Southern Continent of humans, the Eastern Continent of Dwarves, and the Northern Continent of Hellsbane. The only continent that had survived Zentos’s wrath was the Central Continent of Elves, (Ibengard). But of course now Ibengard is infested with Imperials.

That same year Kix’s parents died. His parents, (Tentora Chi and Fuji Chi [high officials of Queen Shara] were great parents to Kix). He had thought they would live together forever. But of course everyone eventually dies. Whether it be of old age or of the incidental events of life. It had happened one night when the Chi family were at the local Inn, The Floating Inn. A place to eat and enjoy yourself. A place for Rebels to hide, at place for Rebels to get drunk. And that was how Tentora and Fuji had died. A drunken Rebel had recognised his paraents as high officials and took his anger of the Empire out on them.

Kix didn’t notice as Boraku stood beside him as he looked out the window onto the clouds rolling by.

“Kix.” Boraku said with a tap on the shoulder. “You miss them don’t you.”

“Yes.” Kix replied softly. “I’m following in their footsteps but it doesn't feel right.”

Boraku didn’t say a word.

“Boraku,” Kix said distressed. “what would my parents do in my position?”

“If I knew Tentora and Fuji,” Boraku said. “they would do the right thing.”

“Which is?”

”The Rebellion. The Rebellion is the right thing.”

“Well then why,” Kix cried as he turned to face his Master. “Well then why did they kill my parents!”

Boraku growled with frustration as he slapped Kix hard in the face.

“ARE YOU BLIND BOY! The rebels were drunk! They did it with no knowledge of what they were doing!”

“Yes.” Kix agreed has he rubbed his red cheek. “But I still can’t forget what they did.”

“Sometimes,” Boraku said as he began to walk away. “It’s better to forget.”

Yes so that is BOTS (BattlesOfTheSky) so far. Hope you are enjoying it!