Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DragonBlade

DB's Reviews

Well unless woodus has a problem with this. I'm going to start posting reviews about different games they are going to be fairly in depth. So just drop by i'll Put a new review in this topic once a week. So drop check it out.

Any questions leave them in the other topic

Stratagy games

Homeworld Series (PC)

Outpost2 (PC)

Ikariam (PC Browser)

Romance of the three kingdoms II (SNES)

RPG Games

Silkroad (PC Download Required)

Runescape (PC Browser)

Legend of Legaia (Play Station)

Flight Sim

Ace Combat IV Shattered Skies (PS2)

Ace Combat Zero The Belkan War(PS2)

Arcade Style

Gradius III (SNES)

Gradius V (PS2)

Trog (NES)

Shoot'em Up

Soldat (PC Download Reqiured)

Action Adventure

Monster Hunter (PS2)

Thats all for now i'll do more later

No problem here.

My 1st review shall be The Homeworld Series. They are a 3D real time stratagy in space. I'll write it Tomorrow so check em out

Heres the first of many reviews i'll put up on the DD.

Alright I now present the 1st of the Homeworld series review!

Homeworld

The story is really wonderful and draws you in really fast. What it is about is humans(they look like them anyways)Live on a desert planet which is totally barren. A satellite detects an object deep in the desert. They send a team to investigate it and find a starship buried in the sand. Inside the ship they find technology 500 years more advance than anything they have designed. Further in they find a galactic map with one word Hiigara. The map shows the location of the peoples true home. The planet which had had it's fair share of conflicts was united in their goal to reach their homeworld. They began to design a massive colony ship that would have the ability to make the 6 month voyage from the outerrim of the galaxy to the outta edge of the core. 100 years after the discovery of the Khar-Toba(Ship in the desert) The mothership was completed all the remained was to test the hyperspace systems...

Gameplay is based on 3D fleet combat. You can build fighters corvettes(A heavier class of fighter) and capitalships of course. You harvest astroids for money which is called RUs. There are pretty much limitless ways you can play through the game as there are a lot of units to choose from. one of the best aspects is that you can be attacked from anywhere. Making you have to watch your back 24/7.

The graphics music and sound fit perfectly for the type of game it is and all the areas have their own theme. Graphics are good for the time when the game was made. They are pretty much all the game needs

If you like RTS then i'd advise you pick it up it. it is one of the hands down best RTS evermade.

Score is 10/10

I Now present you with th 2nd part of the Homeworld series walkthrough

Homeworld Cataclysm

This game is set 15 years after the events of the first. You will be in control of Kiith Somtaaw. They are viewed by other Kiith as simply a lowly mining and shown little to no respect in the goverment. Their lack of respect among the Hiigaren goverment leads them to something better left alone...

(Kiiths are basicly clans and while they used to be at war they no longer are due to them finding out about the homeworld. And some have a great deal more political power than others and Somtaaw has next to none)

Controls and such are just about the same as the first game. You now have the option to set waypoints as well as a pilot view which is really awesome for fighters. All the ships are quite a bit different than the first. Your Mothership is the Mining vessel Kuun-Lan. Unlike the mothership in the first game the Kuun-lan can handle itself against anything smaller than large group of frigates.

Music again fits the game perfectly and fits with this games darker feel. Sounds again fit the game.

Graphics are pretty much the same. as the first so no problems there.

Gameplay. It's a little bit different than the first. As in the firstgame you got decent capitalships at a fairly early stage in the game. In this game however you don't get good ones until close to the halfway point. They are however worth the wait and much more powerful than the first games warships. Still 3D battlefield in space. Resources are the same the only difference being that you can now harvest large crystal rocks for a massive amount of RUs.

Also you now add modules to the Kuun-Lan as the game goes on. Which allows different technology to be researched for the type of module it is.

If you liked the first game this is a must. It is probably my favorite out of the homeworld games.

Score is 10/10

The final part of the Homeworld series review will be posted nextweek on tuesday

Here we go the last part of the homeworld series review

Homeworld 2

Well first off this game is a great deal different from the 1st two in the series. Fighters are no longer built as singles they now come in squadrons Different fighter type different squadron size. Capitalship classes destroyer and up now have subsystems. Subsystems are stuff like engines in some cases weapons or different types of modules such as a gravity well generator or hyperspace generator. Also this game marks the first game in the series where there is a major difference between the races. Vaygr have very powerful weapons but their ships are more focused on a single role. whereas the Hiigarans ships are very mult purpose. So this leaves a lot of room to build different tactics with each race.

The graphics are nothing short of amazing infact the detail is so high that if you turn everything to max even with a top notch computer you'll most likely crash the game. Sound is just as clear and crisp as ever. The music takes on a very Arabic feel to it this game which isn't bad but the 1st two only had a little bit where as most of Homeworld 2 has this music. But again as with the others music fits what you are doing.

Story is basicly what is called the Endtime. The vaygr have found the 3rd Hyperspace core and are calling themselves the Sajuuk-Khar. In english they think they are gods chosen ones. Now their eye is set upon Hiigara to take their hyperspace core.(This is the same core that was found in the Khar-toba in the first game) The reason for attempting to take the Hiigarans core is there is a legend that he who unites the 3 will unleash the great maker Sajuuk.

Overall the game is good but the whole Chosen ones of god thing doesn't fit for the type of game it is. Atleast IMO anyways. But again the series is good and worth playing.

Score is 8/10

Next week I'll be making a review on Silkroad so be ready for it next tuesday

;) I think this topic needs to be pinned. :thumbsup:

Well as I don't have much else to do atm i have decided to give a bonus review this week.

Here is the review for silkroad!

Well as online games goes this one isn't half bad it's got good graphics sounds are good and it's in 3D what more could ya want?

There is no real story to this game before you begin you pick a person from the menu who has their own little backstory and this as for picking your looks. The only thing you can change is height. So if your looking to be able to make your guy/girl look like you you'll have to look elsewhere.

The fighting is divided into a few different forms You of course got melee magic and archery. There are also 2 races which can use 2 very different forms of fighting. European and Chinese. Europeans are more based into a role such as Warrior Wizard and of course Priest. The Chinese however have a great deal of freedom in the choosing of how they want to fight. They can be full blown warriors and pack powerful magic. I have only ever been Chinese so I can only comment on the weapons they have. Their weapons are Spear Glavie Blade Sword and Bow&Arrow. Glavie and Blade have more power with normal hits but Swords and Spears have more power when imbue with magic. You can get arts that match your weapon of choice so you can create lots of different combos which can be excuted by hotkeying them to the F0-12 Buttons. The fighting also gives an active role by performing different arts which can be used to help fell enemies that are somewhat stronger than you or butchering already easily killed enemies.

You go on quests fairly often which give you some items most of the time it's EXP. But there is also a great deal of them throughout the game that are nice.

Money is somewhat hard to earn in great amounts as monsters drop very little in the realm of what is required for good armor or weapons. Which leads you to selling off any armor or weapons that monsters might drop. Atleast until you get to level 20 at which point you get a few options of work opened up to you you can be a merchant or thief. These however take a while to get profit

Okay so ready to hear the bad points? Well if your looking for a game with not much story beautiful fighting and requiring lots of time investment this is your game. The level grinding is insane even when you are fighting monsters that are around your level you can take days to level up. To make matters worse when you die you lose EXP so try doing this when it can take 4 days to get a single level and when you die you lose a days work yeah thats a lot of fun...

Don't get me wrong the game is good and worth a shot but it requires 2 things 1st off is this. A: You be willing to invest a good deal of time into it. B: That you have some buddys to play with otherwise you won't get far before you quit.

Overall this game earns a 7/10

Note if any members of the den are interested in playing this a few things you need to be aware of 1st the server you choose to make a guy/girl on is the only server that guy/girl will be so choose one where other members of the den are going to. It is also fairly hard to login sometimes servers are very packed. And one last bit of information my guy is on Troy server so if you'd rather start of with a higher level guy to help you out let me know. However don't make me come back to the game if your only interested in trying the game out for a few weeks come to me if you do want to play it.

Btw Nextweek I'll be reviewing Runescape

Alright here you go the Review to Runescape

Well where to start Runescape has a lot of features in fact more than most games. The options are limitless for the way you can build your character. You can chop down trees for lumber. You can mine different ores. You can also smelt those ores and make either weapons or armor.

The game mostly centers on you performing quests which when completed often allow weapons/armor/abilitys to be used. Most of the quests are somewhat easy others can be very hard even when you know what you are doing. One of the big appeals is that the game is constanitly being updated new abilitys weapons and armor are pretty much a given atleast every few months. So even if you quit for a while in time you won't even be playing the same game again.

The open feel of the game is really good because you can do whatever you want. And it is possible to go through the game and never do any quests.

As far as Graphics sound and music go the game is somewhat lacking although the current graphics are a vast improvment over what they were before july of this year. The Music is to be honest IS horrible. I have never found myself listening with the games music I normally have my own music going. Sound isn't much better although it is good to have on unlike the music. As if you are often looking at other stuff while playing the game the sound will alert you if something is going on with your character.

Leveling is fairly fast up until about level 50 with most skills and then get ready to spend a lot of time leveling up those skills. One thing I will have to say is that pretty much all of the skills are useful or have something to offer. Some may not be as useful as others but they all have benefits.

Well heres the bad news.

The game takes a lot and I mean a lot of time. And it can get quite repetitive. Level grinding takes on a whole new meaning in this game.

Also it's very hard to find good help in this game. And more often than not most people will not help you.

And here we go this can in come aspects be the worse thing about the game >>Random Events<<

These appears pretty much anytime you are doing a lot of work. And they are good early on but later on they will simply annoy the crap out of you. The reason being not that it pulls you away. but it takes you away from the work you are doing you finish it only to get something with no value to that does absolutly nothing for someone at your level.

Also there is the unbalenced stats. In DW when you are level 40 or so you can probably hit 100s have about 500 HP and generally be very nasty to any monster that crosses your path. In RS Your HP can only ever be 100. Also the best food in the game is sharks which restores 20 HP. And I've been hit by some monster into the high 40's. In time you will learn how to handle yourself against any monster. Some monsters however can kill a single person even with max combat stats. So it can very annoying when trying for a >>RARE DROP<<.

Overall Score 7/10

I don't know what i'll review next so you'll just have to wait and see :P

Well I've decided that my next review will be Outpost2. Enjoy

Story

Well pretty much the normal for an off earth game. Massive space rock crashs into earth. However a ship of 200 Colonists escapes into an ocean of stars. The computer system which is called a Savant had looked at system after system and had yet to find one that would be able to support life. The ship running low on resources the computer made the choice to wake a few of the crew members up in order for them to decide if they would land on the planet which they had named New Terra. They landed and named their colony Eden. In time however the leaders of Eden began making plans to terraform the planet. A group of colonists who had decided it was better to adapt to the planet left the main colony and started their own colony of Plymouth. Finally when Eden had begun to take action with their terraforming plan Plymouth destroyed the last communication link between the two colonys.

GamePlay

This is without a doubt one of my all time favorite games ever. First off unlike most RTS where you simply have your workers build something. In this game you have a Structure Factory which produces Structure Kits. You load these SK into a vehicle named a Convec with you then command to build the structure somewhere. Also this is not a simply train a soldier and kill your enemy. This has a Morale gauge. Building certain buildings will improve it. And as your population increases morale will decrease so you will have to maintain your population. Each colony has it's own set of weapons Eden has more powerful weapons in terms of destructive power. Yet Plymouth has a good deal of weapons that disable their enemies.

Music&Sounds

Well This is yet again another game with good music. The music has the perfect sci fi feel to it. Sounds yet again fitting although not always in sync with what you are doing. But it's for all intents and purposes fine.

Bad points.

Well the biggest one is the fact that there isn't nearly enough maps for you to play. If you get the latest verson from Outpost Universe it has a few extra maps. But all in all it still isn't enough to last for maybe more than a month at most.

Score 9/10

Well to make of for last week and this week i'll be reviewing Soldat and Ikariam

Here is the soldat review enjoy

Well to start off with this game has no story whatsoever. It's a 2D Side shooter where you play a style of game that you enjoy wether that be Capture the flag Team match etc...

The controls are good because you can set them to your personal choice. Provided you are a member you can download your own music into the game files so I guess this would always get a 10 if your using your own music. Sounds are how they are supposed to sound a granade going off sounds like one a machine gun sounds like one really not much more to say.

The game offers a wide array of maps and more are constantly being made by fans and uploaded.

Weapons are basicly Automatics and rifles and secondary which are Bazooka knife Etc..

Well time for the bad

While the game IMO used to be an outstanding example of skill versus skill. it is now simply a M79 party(Granade gun that's of course one hit kill).

These guns are choking the servers anymore. Weapon stats were modified a few versons ago and have quickly gotten to the point about being not how skilled you are but what gun you use. As an example when I started playing again I was getting trashed fairly easy. So I switched to the m79 and I quicly rose to the 1st rank player in the game. I used to be able to turn battles around and while I would never view myself as a Expert player I was atleast a good player. With all the weapon changes however the game has begun to fall far from the grace that IMO it once had.

Worst part is the community around 2004-5 when you played if you took someone out they would be like nice shot and everybody was generally friendly. Not anymore now whenever you kill someone 90% of the people will start cussing you out and be voting to ban you. And if your like me you do not like foul language.

So on a final note while soldat is still being updated it is unlikely it will ever be a truly good game again. Simply because they have ruined all the things about it that made it good.

Score 3/10

Heres the Ikariam review enjoy!

Like Soldat this game doesn't really have any story to it. It is based on the Roman/Greek era of history although it has stuff that you would call modern day technology.

Well it has no music no sounds. And as far as graphics are they may look cartoonish but they are fine for what the game is.

Gameplay in this is very interesting. You start off after you've signed up with a single city with some wood and start building from their. At the start you can only build Academys (Your labratorys) Barracks Trading ports(Your means of transporting goods to your other citys or an ally). Research of course allows bigger and better units as well as ships for your navy.

Each island has two types of resources 1 is always a lumber yard the other is one of four luxery resources which are Wine needed to run a tavern which keeps your people happy. Crystal Glass Which is used for upgrading units or speeding up research. Marble Which is used in nearly all buildings after a certain level. And finally sulpher which is used for building your armies.

The game does have a lot of diplomacy to it you can form alliences which people can then join. You can have military treatys which is where you can garrison your army in a allies city.

The game is great for people who do not have much time as some buildings take days to be completed at higher levels.

The bad

well this game really only has 2 things that are bad 1st is the fact that since stuff takes so long to be completed it can discourage some people when it takes to long to get something done. 2nd unless you have something to do such as helping a friend or going to war the game will become boring.

All in all it's a pretty decent game.

By the way I am on Ikariam.org Gamma server if anybody is interested in joining me i'll give you my location and help you to get mine faster.

Score 8/10

I now give you the review of Romance of the Three kingdoms II enjoy!

This game is an old SNES title you would probably know it better as Dynasty Warriors.

Well gameplay is basicly centered around you choosing an existing ruler (you can create one new one however) and taking over all 41 provinces of china.

So you start out with pretty much nothing except a few hundred soldiers some rice and gold and from there you begin to build your empire when you have built up enough soldiers you can go to war and attempt to take over another rulers province. And of course by doing so should you succeed(Why would you settle for anything less is beyond me) You can decide the fate of any generals you captured. You can behead them which is good for crappy generals that you don't want to recruit. Recruit which as it sounds recruiting him into your army his loyalty will in most cases be low(You just kicked the crap out of him of course he's not going to like you). And Finally release why you would release someone is beyond me the only thing this is useful for is Rulers(As you cannot recruit them only behead and release)Because if he has a very good general and you kill him he will most likely become the next ruler and why waste a good general when the ruler isn't hurting anything where he is?

You build up your province for increased income at harvest/tax time. As well as give generals gifts to raise their loyalty to you if their loyalty is to low they stand the chance of doing 1 of 4 things if someone attacks your province they will turn against you. If someone sends a messanger with a gift he can join them. If he is the governor of a province someone can have him start a rebellion against you and take command of the province and proclaim himself a ruler.

And finally he can simply leave without warning i've never had this happen to me however.

Generals have 3 Stats War-Intellegence-Charm. War affects how powerful they are in combat. INT affects how well they can improve a provinces land. And charm affects how well they do in matters of diplomacy.

Graphics/Music/Sound

Well All of them are fine for what it is. You don't need great graphics when you are commanding a whole army and it serves it's purpose. Sounds are again fine. And music fits with the whole china warlord theme of the game.

The bad

Well pretty much the only problem is that it gets to a point where nobody will attack you because your army is so huge. And the other problem is you stand the chance of having to go to war atleast 38 times and while all battlefields are the same the battles unfold the same way so this can get quite old fairly fast.

But all in all its a good game and I break it out atleast once a year if not more.

Score 8/10

I'm going to be reviewing the games of the ace combat series that i've played starting off with Ace Combat IV Shattered Skies

Here we go enjoy!

Story

Erusea had built a massive railgun which they named stonehenge to shoot down asteroids. Upon finding it could be used as Anti Aircraft Erusea quickly overpowed Independent States Allied Forces' (ISAF) and drove them from the mainland to a island called northpoint. Now it's your job to fly against Erusea and save ISAF.

Music Sound Graphics

Well Music is alright but it's not amazing which you'll probably be so busy flying you won't much notice the music. Sounds are really good i've been to airshows and the jets sound like jets not really anything wrong here. Graphics I know most of us here at the DD don't worry about graphics however the planes in this game look simply amazing. Infact if you put a picture of a plane next to a plane in AC4 You would have a hard time telling which is which. Landscape looks good until your flying like 5 feet off the ground(Yes I do that often) it however looks great from the sky.

Gameplay

Well you go on missions and blow stuff up not really much else to say on the matter but most of the missions are different so it keeps it interesting. Some require you to destroy targets while others are simply destroy targets until the timer runs out. Others are made up of both

The bad

Well the game has fairly decent story telling it however is not a amazingly hard game it's kind of easy. So the people who know how to handle a flight sim will probably find this game easy.

Overall the game is good not really anything that ruins the gameplay

Score 9/10

Yes I know i'm a day late I get lazy very easy.

Alright here is Ace Combat Zero the Belkan war enjoy

Story

The nation of United St..Cough excuse me. Belka was suffering from a wrecked econemy. Their borders began to shrink. A nation emerged from Belka called the Republic of Ustio. A deposit of resources was found. In order to bring resources under their control Belka began invading it's neighbors which fell quickly to Belkas airforce. The only hope to drive Belka back was a joint attack with the world super power Osea and Ustio. And so the only left to do is take to the skies.

Graphics/Music/Sound

Graphics are slightly different still nothing short of amazing. Music is a lot better than AC4 you hear it even while you are in the heat of battle unlike 4s. Sounds are also slightly different but again pretty much the same.

Controls

Much like Sound and graphics they are pretty much the same very few changes.

Misc

Well where to start. Unlike in AC4 you now have a Wingman which is really decent for an AI. Also what AC4 had in story telling this has in difficulty.

What it amounts to is there is now enemy Ace squadrons that will appear at certain missions. Think of it this way while you are trying to shoot just one plane in the squadron down you have 6 members of the squadron chasing and shooting at you. So this makes for a great deal of fun.

The bad

Well the games story is kind of weird so some probably won't follow it very well.

Score 10/10

Next week I will be reviewing Monster Hunter stay tuned

Monster Hunter review OH YEAH BABY!

Story

Well the game doesn't have one you just woke up one day and said when I grow up I wanna be a Monster Hunter!

But this is fine the game is so good it infact does not need a story!

Gameplay

Well the great thing about this game is everything you own is pretty much found in the field or taken off your prey. Example If you kill a Rathalos which is a very nasty Fire Wyvern. The armor that you make out of it's hide will not only look like a Rathalos but will have the elemental resistance that the Rathalos has. So this is basicly you wear what you kill.

Weapons are pretty much the same as armor in terms of how you make them. There are 6 types of weapons Sword and Shield which is a combo of speed attack and defense. Dual Swords which is very rapid attack with no defense. Great Sword which is amazing attack power at the cost of speed. The spear or lance which is a combo of defence and attack with not a lot of speed. Hammers which have the advantage of not bouncing off a hard area of a Wyvern. And finally your Bowgun there are a lot of different types of ammo some can be used in a support role while others are for major offensive power.

There are also 2 types of armor Gunner and Blademaster. Gunner armor has more elemental resistance than Blademaster it however lacks the defensive strength of Blademaster armor.

Each Wyvern has it's own strengths and even the weakest monster can kill you if you are not careful.

Graphics/Sounds/Music

Graphics are outstanding pretty much pushing the PS2 to the limit. Monsters look great every one of em. Sounds are good too. And while you only hear music at the start of a level or during a boss fight it's good.

The bad

Well unless you can go online with your PS2 you aren't even getting half of what the game has to offer and even offline the game can take months to beat so thats to give you an idea how much stuff there is to do.

Overall ranking 10/10 This is a game of true skill. Even with the worst armor and weapons if you are a good player you can kill the baddest beast.

First off sorry for taking so long with the next review my dad had Appendicitis so I was busy watching out for him and taking care of him.

Alright here is the review for Legend of Legaia enjoy!

Story

The story is that god created man but to aid them he also created the Seru. When wearing a Seru a human would gain abilitys such as greater strength and power. They were used in everyday life. Until the mist came. A Seru would go mad and take over the mind of anybody wearing it. Thus ending that golden age. People live in terror and there is no hope of being free of the mist.

Graphics/Music/Sound

Graphics are pretty good for a PS1 game enemies look good. Sounds are great as well. Music is awesome has a good beat to it some of the best music i've heard for an RPG.

Gameplay

The normal for an RPG in the sense of exploring battling monsters and all that. However instead of the normal attack cast spell etc... You input moves such as left right up down. Putting these in a pattern will allow you to perform Arts which do more damage than a normal attack would deal. Also instead of learning spells as you level you can absorb Seru and use them later.

The bad

The battles can drag on somewhat. It seems to have something to do with being played on a PS2 rather then the PS1. But any of us who play RPGs can deal with a long game

Overall ranking 10/10

This is one of my all time favorite games well worth the money. If you can pick it up

I've decided for the next review I shall do Gradius 3 enjoy

I've always been rather fond of this game. It can be very tough to beat also add to the fact that if you die you lose all of your powerups while early this might be easy to recover from later you might as well just restart.

Story

Well as I don't have the booklet I can give you the whole story but it's something around that this weird entity appears everysooften and threatens The planet Gradius. (Sorry but really thats all i'm aware of)

Gameplay

Well at the start you can choose from set weapon selections which offer some you cannot get in the custom weapons screen. Your weapons are basicly devided into 3 types Missile Laser and double. Missile more often than not fly to the top or bottom of the screen making them more of a support weapon than a primary. Laser your primary weapon there are different types such as Ripple which is a very wide shot or the E Laser which charges to unleash the most powerful weapon in the game at the cost of high rate of fire. Doubles are pretty much worthless as it doubles your most basic weapon and while you may shoot in 2 directions they simply do not do enough damage to matter.

There is also Shield which depending on which type you choose have different advantages Forcefield covers the whole ship and can take 3 impacts where as Reduce makes your ship smaller but it can only take 2 impacts.

After choosing your upgrades you start off with nothing but your basic weapon and as you shoot enemys they leave behind red orbs as you gather these orbs the bar at the bottom of your screen will move from left to right. The icon that is highlighted can be activated. After activating it your orb count will go back to zero and you will have to gather more.

After you start a level and battle through the space section you enter an enemy base area after defeating the boss you start at the next levels space area rinse and repeat. All the levels are different though so it keeps it interesting.

Graphics/Music/Sounds

Pretty much what you would expect from a SNES game graphics are good enough. Music is some of the best I have heard this soundtrack never bothers me. Sounds are again good for what it is no problems here.

The Bad

In order to win you have to play it from start to finish and while you can pause this can be annoying if you progressed very far and died.

Overall 8/10 Not the greatest game but decent enough

Gradius 5

Story

Basicly the same thing spoken about in Gradius 3 this evil entity regrows and attacks the planet so this is a serious grudge.

Gameplay

Pretty much the same as 3 except graphics are much better and the difficulty has gone through the roof. In fact I do not believe you can go through this game without dying at least once it is that hard. Weapons are pretty much the same however unlike in Gradius 3 you must choose from a set list of upgrades until you've completed the game once. One of the greatest things about this game is the fact that you can do 2 Player Co op making it fun if you have somebody who knows how to play.

Graphics/Music/Sound

Graphics are simply overhauled verson of the Gradius 3 to fit the PS2 graphics system good looks all around. Music isn't really focused on as most of the time you are so busy trying to dodge death to take too much notice of it. Somewhat the same for sounds I mean this game requires split second reaction to crap I don't believe you have time to smell the roses as it were. Although what sounds you do listen to they are good.

The Bad

Pretty much the same as Gradius 3. Playing the game requires start to finish.

Overall 10/10 The difficulty is what makes the game so much fun. It simply keeps you coming back for more no matter how many times you get owned

I've decided that this weeks review shall be trog enjoy

Story

Basicly you are one of two Dinosaurs Bloop or Spike. They love to steal trog eggs and Trogs love Bloop and spike meat.

Gameplay

Well The gameplay centers around you collecting Trog eggs all the while of course trogs are trying to bash your brains out with clubs and eat you. Trogs whenever they see you will come running however you are not defenseless you can feed a trog your fist and after 3 hits he will fly off at mach 1 to some unknown land. Other abilitys include different things like a lucky horse shoe(How you have Horse shoes and no horses I'm not really sure on how that works)

Which will protect you for a limited time. There is also the All powerful Pineapple which will turn you into a T rex and you can feed to your hearts desire on trogs until it runs out.

There are 50 levels in total and while the idea of grab your eggs and go home is the same in everyone of them the levels are different enough to keep it interesting. Add to the fact that this game is insanely hard to beat by yourself and even with a friend.

Graphics/Music/Sound

Graphics are not half bad for an NES title have a very cartoonish feel to them but hey it adds to the fun. Music is pretty good has the whole age of the dinosaur feel to it and it doesn't get old very fast. Sounds ah there is nothing quite like the sound of your Dinomite fist cracking a trog skull sounds like the others are done very well for an NES.

The bad

Well other than the fact that this game is insanely hard and pretty much unbeatable in a solo run nothing. Like Gradius V this game keeps you coming back for more no matter how many times you get killed infact me and my dad play it atleast a few times a year

Score 10/10 if you got an NES Emu my advise is get it