• 1 month later...
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good call, done :)

• 2 months later...
;) Only over nine thousand and some more posts until I max out my Rank, again. :evillaugh:
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

yo still new and got low post but rly i was looking for the level thing lol was wondering when i dont gota be a lowly slime no more hehehe Thanks a ton for the list

• 1 year later...

;) And thus the mystery is finally solved.

Your nearly granpa slime!!!!

and @woodus: why is it called "babble" and not "bubble"?

;) And thus the mystery is finally solved.

Your nearly granpa slime!!!!

and @woodus: why is it called "babble" and not "bubble"?

These names are the classic Dragon Warrior style names rather than the more recent Dragon Quest style names. That's why we've got things like Healer instead of Healslime, Curer instead of Cureslime, and Metal Babble instead of Liquid Metal Slime.

Actually I was wondering if we wanted to update those names too. The classic names are fading into the past...

Probably not a bad idea :)

Done, would it be worth redoing the ranks again to incorporate some of the new slimes? Gem jamboree, Metal Medley?

Done, would it be worth redoing the ranks again to incorporate some of the new slimes? Gem jamboree, Metal Medley?

With the small size of the title icons the slime stacks probably wouldn't look too good - specifically those two due to their lack of colors. At least a normal slime stack has 3 very different hues. Perhaps I'm wrong though.

I like this idea, although as a side note DrakSlime does not currently have a place in the member rank heiarchy so maybe if the number of ranks doesn't turn out evenly then perhaps drakslime could be added? Also Metal Kaiser Slime should prolly have a place in there too... :thumbsup:

I like this idea, although as a side note DrakSlime does not currently have a place in the member rank heiarchy so maybe if the number of ranks doesn't turn out evenly then perhaps drakslime could be added? Also Metal Kaiser Slime should prolly have a place in there too... :thumbsup:

Slime Emperor and Grandpa Slime don't exist in the current set either, maybe they should be taken out for something else.

Slime Emperor and Grandpa Slime don't exist in the current set either, maybe they should be taken out for something else.

This is true but slime emperor and Grandpa Slime are cool so if the system can support more than 16 ranks then why not keep em?

EDIT: Maybe a contest could be held with everyone putting in their idea for how to re-name the ranks like before except we could limit it to just being slimes, we could do the same with the number of posts per rank too.

Edited by EpicSlime

Yeah, we could do another contest, I think I can make as many ranks as I want, so whatever you guys think.

the new names are good, but what will happen to members who's slime ranks are being replaced?

does there rank suddenly change automaticly?

More info needed, and a new list would be nice too :) (Thanks in advance)

Should be all automatic, the ranks are displayed dynamically is my guess based on your number of posts.

Ok, I am getting the details sorted out for the Contest but I have a few questions to throw out there.

1) What are the current member rank names, now that Woodus has modernized them to DQ style rather DW style? I have a full list of the old ranks.

2) Why does there appear to be two names for the 3000 post rank? I took both of these snapshots today and cleared my browser cache first:

DwaineB.pngIndogutsu.png

3) Should we have two contests as before (one for the rank levels and one for the rank names?). Or should we just come up with new names for the current rank levels?

Regarding that last question, I am thinking we could have 20 ranks (adding one row of four to the current 16 ranks) to accommodate new slimes. We would need to specify the number of ranks before the contest starts so that it would be consistent with the rank levels contest.

Any thoughts on these or other related issues?

1:

Slime 0

She-Slime 20

Bubble Slime 60

Healslime 100

Slime Knight 200

Metal Slime 400

Cureslime 800

Metal Slime Knight 1200

King Slime 1600

Liquid Metal Slime 2000

King Cureslime 3000

Slime Emperor 4000

Gem Slime 6000

Metal King Slime 8000

Platinum King Jewel 10000

Grandpa Slime 15000

2: What do you get when you cross an elephant and a rhino? Elephino... Hell if I know. That is a good question, I thought they were dynamic. I will check into this one.

3: However for me, are we sticking with slimes for sure?

I like the slime-stuff.