Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Esturkdq4

Esturkdq4's Tournament #1:Best RPG Tournament

Championship Match  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's Championship Time, a Battle of Dragon Quests's, fitting for a Dragon Quest Site. Let's get Ready to VOTE!!!!, lol. Voting for this will ve 72 Hours instead of 48 to give more opportunity to vote.

For a Championship Match, this isn't a real tough choice for me. DQIV is my Favorite game, and I wouldn't put anything over it, had FFVI or FFTactics made it, it would have been tougher. I just don't feel DQVIII is on the same level as DQIV.

One other thing I forgot to mention, there will be no abstaining vote for this match. It's the Championship Match, so I feel it shouldn't be an option.

Though I was hoping Dragon Quest V would make it into the finals, Dragon Quest IV is a good substitute.

And though I love VIII, I love IV more.

Sort of an anti-climatic final match. DQIV is just in a completely different league than DQVIII. Now if FFVI had won its semi-final match I would consider this a fairly even match. DQIV vs DQV was the true climax of the tournament IMO.

Guest Plattym3

I'll be the solo holdout on DQVIII. I really think it took all the elements of the series to perfection. I length was AMAZING, but I never once felt bored (like in DWVII sometimes). It seemed to go on and on with the story pushing it the entire time.

In the past 15 months I've played DWIV on the NES, DQVIII for a 2nd time, and DQIV DS. I can honestly say that despite how awesome DQIV is, I'd prefer to play DQVIII over and over and over again. I just think the characters are all memorable (forget half the DQIV characters once the final party is set: I never used Taloon, Bray, Mara, or Nara for more than a round or two here and there mainly in boss fights).

I'm not sorry to see DQIV win this, they're 2 of my top 3 games, but I've got to give my vote to the PS2 perfection of DQVIII.

This was like some of the Final Four matchups in the past. The semi-final was the real championship. DQIV v DQV.

DQVIII was a very very good game, and one I have sometimes near the end of my top 10. DQIV I have at 5th, behind only Ultima VII, Arcanum, FF Tactics, and Fallout II, and I'm about ready to flip DQIV and DQV with fallout II.

This is a good v best matchup.

Guest Plattym3

Hmmm... this topic wasn't closed and the voting grows closer.

Maybe I missed it.

I like DQIV better personally because how the game is creatively split into seperate chapters in order to have all the characters meet in the finale. DQVIII is pretty good too.

DQIV saves the hero for last and gives you time to get to know and use the other characters for different types of fun/challenge. Maybe if they pulled that off on VIII it might have been better perhaps, but it's still an awesome game as well. Tough choice there though.