Chapter's of the Chosen

Stewy13

Before I begin, there are a few things I'd like to say beforehand. This would be my first attempt at writing a story and it's an ongoing process, my hope is to have this published if I keep interest in it. I'm open to your opinions, please be kind however but do point out either mistakes I've made or perhaps just some insights on my writing. Currently I'm sitting at 10,115 words in my story, but I'm only giving a preview of my story just to see how interested people are. I'm not sure how to classify this story whether its a fan-fic or if it's original story. I'm sure it'll be a fan-fic but I'd really love to be able to call it an original just so it could be published without copyright infringements and such.

Anyways, hope you like the read!

Ryan was standing in a courtyard kneeling down ready to accept the crown that was about to be placed upon his head. “Get up, get up!” Ryan could hear but could not see who was yelling the phrase. It sounded a lot like his wife, but she wasn’t here. “There’s someone here! Get up!.” Ryan woke from his slumber to see his wife above him sitting on the bed still yelling at him, but in all the confusion he never heard a word of it. The sun was nowhere to be found in the sky and lights from torches and lanterns took over the town of Isbel. “What is the matter dear?” Ryan asked still half asleep. “There’s a Royal messenger downstairs dear and he instates on seeing you this moment” Ashley said half dazed herself. “At this time in the morning?” Ryan asked angrily. Ashley never said another word, instead she got up and threw Ryan’s pants on the bed and made her way to the door. “He said it was urgent, I’ll have some things packed for you” Ashley always made Ryan an egg salad sandwich when he had to leave for work. Ryan hastily put on his pants and headed downstairs to deal with the messenger . He was hopeful to be back in bed just as Ashley finishes his sandwich. Ryan greeted the messenger with a dry tone, “What brings you here this early in the morning, messenger?” “King Ralph requests your presence at the Royal Courtyard,” the messenger cleared his throat before emphasizing his last words “and he wishes for you to be there before noon today.” “I’m busy with my family dear messenger, go bother Norman with the king’s request.” Ryan bluntly said, “Goodnight!” The messenger was surprised by Ryan’s lack of concern and he was slightly scared to inform Ryan that denying this request wasn’t an option. The messenger was standing on Ryan’s deck thinking of what to say when Ryan grew angrier and in a cold, dry tone said “Leave messenger, I wish to rest in peace with my wife and play with my children in the morning.” The messenger knowing that he’d used the last of Ryan’s patience took no more time to speak “I’m sorry Ryan, I’ve been sent to gather you, Norman and the other Royal Guards tonight. There’s no choice with this matter I’m afraid Ryan; king’s order.” Damn it, Ryan thought, there was no point in arguing with the messenger as it would get him nowhere but angry. “Aye, I’ll come to Endor to see the king. Be gone messenger; continue on with informing the others.” Ryan said insolently. The messenger left with haste; ironically Ryan was the last person he had to inform. This was no coincident however; King Harold warned the messenger before he left that Ryan would be the hardest to deal with and if he didn’t arrive before midnight that it would be best to deal with him last. Ryan headed inside to gather his gear and prepare for the journey ahead, hopefully having a bite to eat before leaving for the Harold Tunnel. Isbel and Endor were separated by the river Jolis, a river which prevented any bridges or boats from crossing it. The Harold tunnel was the only way of travelling between Isbel to Endor and it was the safest way of travel, however monster sightings have been increasing over time. Monsters are in a sense animals however their classified differently due to their increased aggressiveness and appearance. Also in history books their classified as monsters because the Ruler of Evil controlled monsters for his evil doings. Ashley had finished making Ryan two sandwiches, one for now and one for later. Ryan came downstairs fully dressed and armed; the bronze plate mail was still dull and grimy and his sword covered with dried blood from his last quest which he finished four days ago. “I wish you could stay longer than the few days you’ve been here. What should I tell Farley when he wakes up?” Ashley asked sadly. Ryan reached out and hugged Ashley in comfort. “Tell him his father is doing his duty to the empire. He’ll understand.” Looking down at Ashley however told Ryan that she wasn’t saddened on Farley’s behalf. “Ashley, I love you. I’ll be back probably within a day or two. I promise that I’ll be back for a long time after that.” “Ryan, please don’t get hurt” Ryan made his way to the door, he saw Norman already heading on his way out of town and didn’t want to be behind the rest. “I’ll see you in a few days” Ryan said as he kissed Ashley, “I’ll be back for you, don’t you worry.” They both forced a smile on their faces and Ryan made his way to Endor under the cover of darkness. Ryan was vigilantly listening for monsters in the night but his travels to The Harold Tunnel was uneventful which was unusual compared to his last journey to the tunnel. However Ryan’s luck always found a way to run out on him and it was about to make a repeat. Ryan made his way into the tunnel and to the first staircase leading to the lower levels which ran under the river.

As I said before, it's far from done. Sorry for it being a bit hard to read, I'll edit it later to make it more friendlier but right now it's just a cut a paste from word which is what I'm using to write this. Thoughts?

First of all damn it should have a space between it.

Second of all, ЖЖЖЖ(four stars, maybe four.3 being i dont need much to know the feel I'll get for the rest.)

First of all damn it should have a space between it.

Second of all, ЖЖЖЖ(four stars, maybe four.3 being i dont need much to know the feel I'll get for the rest.)

Thanks for reading, fixed the one spelling error. I really don't know what people will think about the rest of it. It's nowhere near complete but like I kind of don't want to give it away as I am interested in possibly publishing this as a book. I know of the many legal things, but I got a lot of people helping me with this book and all those aspects. If there's more comments or a general interest I might reveal more of my writing.

It's too short, therefore it sucks. :P

It also has a critical need for paragraphs. Like so:

Ryan was standing in a courtyard kneeling down ready to accept the crown that was about to be placed upon his head. “Get up, get up!” Ryan could hear but could not see who was yelling the phrase. It sounded a lot like his wife, but she wasn’t here. “There’s someone here! Get up!.” Ryan woke from his slumber to see his wife above him sitting on the bed still yelling at him, but in all the confusion he never heard a word of it. The sun was nowhere to be found in the sky and lights from torches and lanterns took over the town of Isbel.

“What is the matter dear?” Ryan asked still half asleep.

“There’s a Royal messenger downstairs dear and he instates on seeing you this moment” Ashley said half dazed herself.

“At this time in the morning?” Ryan asked angrily.

Ashley never said another word, instead she got up and threw Ryan’s pants on the bed and made her way to the door. “He said it was urgent, I’ll have some things packed for you,” Ashley always made Ryan an egg salad sandwich when he had to leave for work.

Ryan hastily put on his pants and headed downstairs to deal with the messenger. He was hopeful to be back in bed just as Ashley finishes his sandwich. Ryan greeted the messenger with a dry tone, “What brings you here this early in the morning, messenger?”

“King Ralph requests your presence at the Royal Courtyard,” the messenger cleared his throat before emphasizing his last words “and he wishes for you to be there before noon today.”

“I’m busy with my family dear messenger, go bother Norman with the king’s request.” Ryan bluntly said, “Goodnight!” The messenger was surprised by Ryan’s lack of concern and he was slightly scared to inform Ryan that denying this request wasn’t an option. The messenger was standing on Ryan’s deck thinking of what to say when Ryan grew angrier and in a cold, dry tone said “Leave messenger, I wish to rest in peace with my wife and play with my children in the morning.”

The messenger knowing that he’d used the last of Ryan’s patience took no more time to speak “I’m sorry Ryan, I’ve been sent to gather you, Norman and the other Royal Guards tonight. There’s no choice with this matter I’m afraid Ryan; king’s order.”

Damn it, Ryan thought, there was no point in arguing with the messenger as it would get him nowhere but angry. “Aye, I’ll come to Endor to see the king. Be gone messenger; continue on with informing the others.” Ryan said insolently.

The messenger left with haste; ironically Ryan was the last person he had to inform. This was no coincident however; King Harold warned the messenger before he left that Ryan would be the hardest to deal with and if he didn’t arrive before midnight that it would be best to deal with him last. Ryan headed inside to gather his gear and prepare for the journey ahead, hopefully having a bite to eat before leaving for the Harold Tunnel. Isbel and Endor were separated by the river Jolis, a river which prevented any bridges or boats from crossing it. The Harold tunnel was the only way of travelling between Isbel to Endor and it was the safest way of travel, however monster sightings have been increasing over time. Monsters are in a sense animals however their classified differently due to their increased aggressiveness and appearance. Also in history books their classified as monsters because the Ruler of Evil controlled monsters for his evil doings. Ashley had finished making Ryan two sandwiches, one for now and one for later. Ryan came downstairs fully dressed and armed; the bronze plate mail was still dull and grimy and his sword covered with dried blood from his last quest which he finished four days ago.

“I wish you could stay longer than the few days you’ve been here. What should I tell Farley when he wakes up?” Ashley asked sadly.

Ryan reached out and hugged Ashley in comfort. “Tell him his father is doing his duty to the empire. He’ll understand.” Looking down at Ashley however told Ryan that she wasn’t saddened on Farley’s behalf. “Ashley, I love you. I’ll be back probably within a day or two. I promise that I’ll be back for a long time after that.”

“Ryan, please don’t get hurt” Ryan made his way to the door, he saw Norman already heading on his way out of town and didn’t want to be behind the rest. “I’ll see you in a few days” Ryan said as he kissed Ashley, “I’ll be back for you, don’t you worry.”

They both forced a smile on their faces and Ryan made his way to Endor under the cover of darkness. Ryan was vigilantly listening for monsters in the night but his travels to The Harold Tunnel was uneventful which was unusual compared to his last journey to the tunnel. However Ryan’s luck always found a way to run out on him and it was about to make a repeat. Ryan made his way into the tunnel and to the first staircase leading to the lower levels which ran under the river.

• 1 month later...
It's too short, therefore it sucks. :P

It also has a critical need for paragraphs. Like so:

Ryan was standing in a courtyard kneeling down ready to accept the crown that was about to be placed upon his head. “Get up, get up!” Ryan could hear but could not see who was yelling the phrase. It sounded a lot like his wife, but she wasn’t here. “There’s someone here! Get up!.” Ryan woke from his slumber to see his wife above him sitting on the bed still yelling at him, but in all the confusion he never heard a word of it. The sun was nowhere to be found in the sky and lights from torches and lanterns took over the town of Isbel.

“What is the matter dear?” Ryan asked still half asleep.

“There’s a Royal messenger downstairs dear and he instates on seeing you this moment” Ashley said half dazed herself.

“At this time in the morning?” Ryan asked angrily.

Ashley never said another word, instead she got up and threw Ryan’s pants on the bed and made her way to the door. “He said it was urgent, I’ll have some things packed for you,” Ashley always made Ryan an egg salad sandwich when he had to leave for work.

Ryan hastily put on his pants and headed downstairs to deal with the messenger. He was hopeful to be back in bed just as Ashley finishes his sandwich. Ryan greeted the messenger with a dry tone, “What brings you here this early in the morning, messenger?”

“King Ralph requests your presence at the Royal Courtyard,” the messenger cleared his throat before emphasizing his last words “and he wishes for you to be there before noon today.”

“I’m busy with my family dear messenger, go bother Norman with the king’s request.” Ryan bluntly said, “Goodnight!” The messenger was surprised by Ryan’s lack of concern and he was slightly scared to inform Ryan that denying this request wasn’t an option. The messenger was standing on Ryan’s deck thinking of what to say when Ryan grew angrier and in a cold, dry tone said “Leave messenger, I wish to rest in peace with my wife and play with my children in the morning.”

The messenger knowing that he’d used the last of Ryan’s patience took no more time to speak “I’m sorry Ryan, I’ve been sent to gather you, Norman and the other Royal Guards tonight. There’s no choice with this matter I’m afraid Ryan; king’s order.”

Damn it, Ryan thought, there was no point in arguing with the messenger as it would get him nowhere but angry. “Aye, I’ll come to Endor to see the king. Be gone messenger; continue on with informing the others.” Ryan said insolently.

The messenger left with haste; ironically Ryan was the last person he had to inform. This was no coincident however; King Harold warned the messenger before he left that Ryan would be the hardest to deal with and if he didn’t arrive before midnight that it would be best to deal with him last. Ryan headed inside to gather his gear and prepare for the journey ahead, hopefully having a bite to eat before leaving for the Harold Tunnel. Isbel and Endor were separated by the river Jolis, a river which prevented any bridges or boats from crossing it. The Harold tunnel was the only way of travelling between Isbel to Endor and it was the safest way of travel, however monster sightings have been increasing over time. Monsters are in a sense animals however their classified differently due to their increased aggressiveness and appearance. Also in history books their classified as monsters because the Ruler of Evil controlled monsters for his evil doings. Ashley had finished making Ryan two sandwiches, one for now and one for later. Ryan came downstairs fully dressed and armed; the bronze plate mail was still dull and grimy and his sword covered with dried blood from his last quest which he finished four days ago.

“I wish you could stay longer than the few days you’ve been here. What should I tell Farley when he wakes up?” Ashley asked sadly.

Ryan reached out and hugged Ashley in comfort. “Tell him his father is doing his duty to the empire. He’ll understand.” Looking down at Ashley however told Ryan that she wasn’t saddened on Farley’s behalf. “Ashley, I love you. I’ll be back probably within a day or two. I promise that I’ll be back for a long time after that.”

“Ryan, please don’t get hurt” Ryan made his way to the door, he saw Norman already heading on his way out of town and didn’t want to be behind the rest. “I’ll see you in a few days” Ryan said as he kissed Ashley, “I’ll be back for you, don’t you worry.”

They both forced a smile on their faces and Ryan made his way to Endor under the cover of darkness. Ryan was vigilantly listening for monsters in the night but his travels to The Harold Tunnel was uneventful which was unusual compared to his last journey to the tunnel. However Ryan’s luck always found a way to run out on him and it was about to make a repeat. Ryan made his way into the tunnel and to the first staircase leading to the lower levels which ran under the river.

Dude! Have you read ur own? SCOOBY-DOO FAN FIC! ???????

lol, I guess he finds Scooby "special" Don't worry, Marhawk, he doesnt understand that the first sentence was a joke or that your trying to help. BTW someone needs to get nearly eaten by Scooby :D

Archived