What was the first Dragon Warrior game you played?

I am posting this.... because I miss the days of old.... my first Dragon Warrior game I ever played was "Dragon Warrior"! My cousin first got me to play it and i have been hooked ever since! I played the first four games in this order:

Dragon Warrior

Dragon Warrior III

Dragon Warrior IV

Dragon Warrior II

Dragon Warrior III took me 15 days to complete. So, what is your fondest memory of Dragon Warrior and what was your first game you ever played?

Maybe Woodus could pin this up for everyone to see and post in the future.... please :)

I dont have any dragon warrior games hould I get any?

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am posting this.... because I miss the days of old.... my first Dragon Warrior game I ever played was "Dragon Warrior"! My cousin first got me to play it and i have been hooked ever since! I played

The first one for me was DRAGON QUEST XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age the game is simply at the top of its kind on Nintendo's Hybrid: Very visually and technically impressive, incredibly endearing a

My first was Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Tara's Journey way back in 2001-ish. This was near the height of the Pokémon craze, and DWM2 caught my interest for the way it did the monster-catching idea in

I started with DQMJ. Thought it nice and then bought DQ IV for the DS.

If you like RPGs, then yes.

I´d say start with DQ IV. It has a great story, and is a good way to start. :)

If you like RPGs, then yes.

I´d say start with DQ IV. It has a great story, and is a good way to start. :)

But I'd get the DS remake unless you like artificial stupidity. You can't turn off AI party control in chapter 5, and the AI is stupid as heck in the original. The DS version fixes the first one, but I'm not sure about the second, because I've never played DQIV (though I want to.)

Anyway, I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but my first DQ game was 9. I was shocked by how good it was! I loved the gameplay, graphics, music and storyline so much I wanted to play as many others as I could. Then I rented DQ5, and my journey through the DQ world began.

I'm glad DQ9 has brought more fans such as yourself to the series. It's a shame you haven't been enjoying DQ your whole life, but at least you know about it now!

But I'd get the DS remake unless you like artificial stupidity. You can't turn off AI party control in chapter 5, and the AI is stupid as heck in the original. The DS version fixes the first one, but I'm not sure about the second, because I've never played DQIV (though I want to.)

Anyway, I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but my first DQ game was 9. I was shocked by how good it was! I loved the gameplay, graphics, music and storyline so much I wanted to play as many others as I could. Then I rented DQ5, and my journey through the DQ world began.

I agree the DS version is better. 

You gotta start somewhere, and DQ IX is great. Lets just hope you dont find the others to "old-fashioned".  :goofyslime:

I started with Dragon Quest IV DS.

I was a little late to Dragon Quest, but I'm lucky I didn't start from DQIX. Never beated IV though.

Better late than never. :overjoyed2:

DQ IV is a awesome game. A good way to start with DQ.

• 3 weeks later...

I remember playing Dragon Warrior when I didn't yet fully know what a RPG was. That game taught me. =O~

DQ and FF was synonymous after that, lol.

I played them in this order:

Dragon Warrior - NES

Dragon Warrior 2 - NES

Dragon Warrior 3 - NES

Dragon Warrior - GBC

Dragon Warrior 2 - GBC

Dragon Warrior 3 - GBC

Dragon Warrior 4 - NES

Dragon Warrior 7

Dragon Quest 8

Dragon Quest 9

Dragon Quest 4 - DS (currently playing)

Will play Dragon Quest 5 after I finish 4, and then 6 for the DS right around the time it comes out.

I have all the Dragon Warrior/Quest Monster games including Rocket Slime but have yet to play any of them.

I played them in this order:

Dragon Warrior - NES

Dragon Warrior 2 - NES

Dragon Warrior 3 - NES

Dragon Warrior - GBC

Dragon Warrior 2 - GBC

Dragon Warrior 3 - GBC

Dragon Warrior 4 - NES

Dragon Warrior 7

Dragon Quest 8

Dragon Quest 9

Dragon Quest 4 - DS (currently playing)

Will play Dragon Quest 5 after I finish 4, and then 6 for the DS right around the time it comes out.

I have all the Dragon Warrior/Quest Monster games including Rocket Slime but have yet to play any of them.

Nice, that's a good collection so far. Have fun with the rest of the games. I find the spin-offs to be great fun too.

Nice, that's a good collection so far. Have fun with the rest of the games. I find the spin-offs to be great fun too.

I have every U.S. game they made except for that game on the Wii. I have been behind on playing them, however after playing DQ9 recently, and now playing part 4 on the DS reminded me how much I love this series. I should have DQ4 finished and started on DQ5 around the time DQ6 comes out, so I will be behind by only 1 game.

I really would like to start on the spin off games after I play 5 and 6, however I also want to replay DW7 and DQ8 since I loved those games.

• 2 weeks later...

This is kind of embarrassing, but I started with VIII. A friend of mine online sent me his copy and demanded I play it. Of course, I knew what Slimes were before playing it, but that was about it! I slowly turned into a bigger fan after that, and now the series holds a special place in my heart. Then again, I'm a sucker for video games, a lots of other series hold similar places--MOTHER, Pokemon, Megaten, FF, and certain standalone games like Cave Story. :)

I hope to one day beat every incarnation of DQ that's available in english one way or another. I'm not even halfway there yet, so it's gonna be a looong treck XD

Hi everyone :overjoyed2:,

My first game was Dragon Warrior VII. Since then I have played Dragon Warrior IV, Dragon Quest V, Dragon Quest VIII and Dragon Quest IX. I am really looking forward to getting Dragon Quest VI.

The first Dragon Quest game I played was 2. I was in the shop with my dad, and I saw this on the shelf:

7rWso.jpg

And I thought it was so cool that I begged him to get it for me. The rest is history. I was completely in love with the game and got every subsequent game on or as close to release as possible. Maybe if DQ2 didn't have such appealing box art, I never would have gotten into the series. Who knows!

The first Dragon Warrior game I played was probably 4. I tried DW4 on a friend's NES at one point. It probably wasn't until about 10 years ago when I seriously sat down and played through all of the English releases the series has had, though. I only just recently played the English version of DQ7 a few years ago.

My first game was Dragon Warrior VII. Since then I have played Dragon Warrior IV, Dragon Quest V, Dragon Quest VIII and Dragon Quest IX. I am really looking forward to getting Dragon Quest VI.

Cool. It's nice to see that people can play and love DQ7, without already loving the series. Some have said that the game is not very friendly to new-comers to the series.

The first Dragon Quest game I played was 2. I was in the shop with my dad, and I saw this on the shelf:

7rWso.jpg

And I thought it was so cool that I begged him to get it for me. The rest is history. I was completely in love with the game and got every subsequent game on or as close to release as possible. Maybe if DQ2 didn't have such appealing box art, I never would have gotten into the series. Who knows!

The first Dragon Warrior game I played was probably 4. I tried DW4 on a friend's NES at one point. It probably wasn't until about 10 years ago when I seriously sat down and played through all of the English releases the series has had, though. I only just recently played the English version of DQ7 a few years ago.

Aeana, if you don't mind me asking, are you of Japanese heritage? That's cool that you were drawn to the series by the box art. The art on the J version is very cool and very different from the North American one. I wonder if it the NA one would have caught your eye as well or if you would have passed right over it.

Aeana, if you don't mind me asking, are you of Japanese heritage? That's cool that you were drawn to the series by the box art. The art on the J version is very cool and very different from the North American one. I wonder if it the NA one would have caught your eye as well or if you would have passed right over it.

I'm not Japanese. We were stationed in Japan for a large part of my childhood, though.

I'm not Japanese. We were stationed in Japan for a large part of my childhood, though.

I see. Thanks for answering that. I noticed you are very fluent in Japanese but also speak excellent English. That certainly explains why.

On the NES you can control all your regular characters in battle if you have a Game Genie, the code is YYEXVTGE.

When I first played DW4 on NES, I went through the first 4 chapters and liked the game, but when I got to chapter 5 and saw that I couldn't control the characters I stopped playing. But then I found the Game Genie code and finished it on the NES. I think that was dumb that you couldn't control them in chapter 5 because you could control the other "regular" characters in chapters 2 and 4.

Cool. It's nice to see that people can play and love DQ7, without already loving the series. Some have said that the game is not very friendly to new-comers to the series.

Prior to DW7 I had played many other JRPGs (actually a passion of mine) so I found the game to be very fun and entertaining. As someone who has beaten Drakken and Hoshigami I did not find DW7 to be very difficult at all it just took a long time to master all the classes; and I am looking forward to doing the same thing in DQ6.

Wow. I'm probably the only Dragon Quest player who started with a sidegame. Well, let the drumroll commence!

Actually I'm just going to tell you. The first DQ game I played was Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Cobi's Journey. I loved that game, and still do. But I've also gotten into many of the other DQ games as well. I've played 1-3, plan on playing 6, and have played 9.

I think my favorite memory is when I first fought Darck in DWM2. I was way under in stat average. But my Dragonlord kept using geyser, and Darck couldn't do anything. Ahh, Agility Seeds. How underrated you are.

Wow. I'm probably the only Dragon Quest player who started with a sidegame. Well, let the drumroll commence!

Actually I'm just going to tell you. The first DQ game I played was Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Cobi's Journey. I loved that game, and still do. But I've also gotten into many of the other DQ games as well. I've played 1-3, plan on playing 6, and have played 9.

I think my favorite memory is when I first fought Darck in DWM2. I was way under in stat average. But my Dragonlord kept using geyser, and Darck couldn't do anything. Ahh, Agility Seeds. How underrated you are.

Hey, I Dragon Quest game is a Dragon Quest game.

Edited by eal

Hey, I Dragon Quest game is a Dragon Quest game.

Don't feel too bad, I started with VIII and was quite a late fan to the series. XD

• 2 weeks later...

I started with the original Dragon Warrior Monsters been addicted since then. Although one time I passed up getting the original Dragon Warrior for GBC because I was quite a bit younger, and didn't think much of it at the time, and got gremlins instead. I have regretted that mistake for many years, and I will continue to regret it until I die.