What was the first Dragon Warrior game you played?

well I'm new to the dragon warrior franchise and the first one i have played and am playing at the moment is dq7 which to me is ironic because I'm a big fan of final fantasy and the first on i ever played was ff7. the thing i like the most about dq7 is the immigrant town which sort of reminded me of the fairy village from breath of fire 3.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am posting this.... because I miss the days of old.... my first Dragon Warrior game I ever played was "Dragon Warrior"! My cousin first got me to play it and i have been hooked ever since! I played

The first one for me was DRAGON QUEST XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age the game is simply at the top of its kind on Nintendo's Hybrid: Very visually and technically impressive, incredibly endearing a

My first was Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Tara's Journey way back in 2001-ish. This was near the height of the Pokémon craze, and DWM2 caught my interest for the way it did the monster-catching idea in

My first was Dragon Warrior 1&2 on GBC around when it came out. A few years later i knew i had to play more, so i finally bought dw3gbc. It instantly became my favorite with its huge world and considerably longer plot than 1&2, and it hasn't been dethroned since. Which i guess isn't saying much considering the only other one i've tried is dw4 for DS since initially i wasn't interested in anything newer than the old style of 1, 2, and 3. But it has proved to be better than both 1 and 2, and not as different as i thought it would be.

• 2 weeks later...

My 1st Dragon Warrior was 'Dragon Warrior' on the NES. After that I played some Dragon Warrior 2 and hated it so I stopped. After that I played Dragon Warrior 4 on the NES and it's one of my favorite games ever! After that I probably didn't play any for like 7 years or so then Dragon Quest 8 came out and I played that and remembered all the others. After beating 8 i had to get 7, Dragon Warrior 7 is probably tied for my favorite game of all time (although i haven't beaten it yet.. I'm really close but I'm a completion freak so I haveta get EVERYTHING!). I'm currently playing Through Dragon Warrior 2 on my NES then after that I want to play DW3 on my NES.

I remeber the first one I playd was the origanal DQM for game boy. I couldent find out how to save but when i (acidently) figured it out, it overwrit my sisters saved fiel. she was so mad :tounge:

• 2 weeks later...

I remeber the first one I playd was the origanal DQM for game boy. I couldent find out how to save but when i (acidently) figured it out, it overwrit my sisters saved fiel. she was so mad :tounge:

I liked the way the gbc wasnt powerful enough to support more than one save file for that.

• 1 month later...

My first Dragon Quest was VIII.

When I first saw it on G4's Cinematech, then on Game Informer, that feeling inside me that tells me when a game is gonna be uber-great began to tingle.

Bought it and became a DQ fan since.

After that I played:

DW(NES, my friend was selling this game on a garage sale, got it for a buck... had to find a NES to play it in, borrowed his)

DQM:J

DQVII

DQIV(DS)

DQV(DS)

Lets see...In order:

Dragon Warrior Monsters

I'll never forget the hard time i had trying to get a hold of the game. I first saw it when it was first released via pictures in a magazine of the monsters themselves. I was a bit of a pokemon fan back then and i saw that this game was similar to the previously mentioned game and had to get my hands on it. Unfortunately, it wasn't sold in my area. Bugging the hell out of my mom at the time to try get her to look around for the game I had pretty much clinged to the magazine waiting to find the game. Finally though, after weeks of searching I finally got my hands on it. I was really excited to play it and I was really...well, confused.

It was the first RPG i've played besides pokemon and i found it odd at the time that i could use 3 monsters to battle multiple enemies. Then came the breeding aspect of it. Geez, it was the first time I spent so much time looking at FAQs for a game...rather than looking up cheat codes for a game. After that, i was hooked.

Dragon Warrior 1&2 (GBC remake)

DW 3 (GBC remake)

DWM 2

DW VII

DQ VIII

DQMJ

DQ IV (DS remake)

Wow...I haven't played a lot of Dragon Warrior games. I feel ashamed :(

The thing with DQ, is that i've played several RPGs since i picked up my first non-spinoff DQ game and no matter what RPG i play after that, it just doesn't have the same feel that DQ gives me. I have no idea why, but i'm not too worried. But i will say this and anger a good amount of fanboys and fangirls: Dragon Quest > Final Fantasy.

There, i said it so you dont have to ;)

Edited by kalmana

The first dragon warrior game I played was Dragon Warrior for the NES. It was my cousins' game and I got to play it when I visited my mothers parents, (they lived far away). I was also introduced to Dragon warrior III by that method but never saw hide nor hair of II or IV until much later. after that I played and have beat not counting bounus material

DW monsters gbc

DW 1&2 gbc

DW 3 gbc

DWM2 tara's adventure gbc

DWVII PS

DWM Joker DS

Dragon quest Swords Wii

DW IV DS

DW v DS

I have VIII as well but I haven't beaten it yet, just can't seem to get into it

In order...

Dragon Warrior 1 NES

Dragon Warrior 2 NES

Dragon Warrior 3 NES

Dragon Warrior 4 NES

Dragon Warrior Monsters Gameboy Color

Dragon Warrior 1 & 2 Gameboy Color

Dragon Warrior 3 Gameboy Color

Dragon Quest VIII PS2

Dragon Quest 4 DS

Dragon Quest Monster Joker DS

Dragon Quest 5 DS

Edited by Xenro

I'm a late bloomer. My First Game was DQ3 Remake for GBC. I found it in a parking lot in mint condition back in Middle School(I'm only 20, younger than a lot of you guys). I have all of these games now:

Dragon Warrior (NES)

Dragon Warrior III (GBC)

Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Dragon Quest V (DS)

Dragon Quest VIII (PS2)

Dragon Warrior Monster 2: Tara's Adventure (GB/GBC)

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker (DS)

Slime Morimori Dragon Quest (GBA, Japanese Import)

Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS)

Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors (Wii)

I'm Planning to get Dragon Quest VI Remake and Dragon Quest IX for DS

I didn't get really into the series until Enix merged with Square and started releasing DQ games over here in large numbers, thus making them easier to obtain. >.>;

• 3 weeks later...

the first i played was DQM 1 for gbc and then got joker on DS aftwerwards playing DQM 2 and just became a total DQM addict. Then once i found out about the actual DQ series i became a total fan, still trying to beat them since i can't play just one so i got alot of grinding to do...

• 2 weeks later...

I was there from the beginning :D Actually, after part III came out I kind of switched to Final Fantasy. For a long time, until fairly recently, I was pretty much a FF fanatic (was never a VII fanboy, thankfully)... it wasn't until DQ IV was released on DS that I came back to the fold. I'm officially far more excited for the NA release of DQ IX than any of the countless Final Fantasy games coming. Squenix needs to tone down the FF series a bit. Used to be there was something to look forward to when a new FF game was released.. nowadays I feel like my attention is being pulled in too many directions at once with that series. Multiple versions of XIII, Chrystal Chronicles, sequels to part IV AND the original and god knows what else... BAH!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My first DW/DQ was actually Dragon Warrior for the NES. The first one I actually completed was Dragon Quest IV Chapters of the Chosen for DS. My fondest DQ memory (lol I say memory but it only happened like 2 months ago) was when I bought DWI&II for GBC off eBay and beat DW1 in 6 hours the day I got it. My next fondest DQ memory is any time I make Tidus cry in Itadaki Street.

• 2 weeks later...

That's easy. My first foray into the DW/DQ world was through the very first Dragon Warrior back in 1990 when I've had my NES since the Christmas before.

• 4 weeks later...

Including Spin-Offs:

Dragon Warrior I (GBC remake)

Dragon Warrior II (GBC remake)

Dragon Warrior Monsters (GBC)

Dragon Warrior III (GBC)

Dragon Warrior Monsters II (Cobi's) (GBC)

Dragon Warrior VII (I rented it from Blockbuster years ago, but could never find Kiefer the first time, so I just kept playing Digimon World 3. I'm going to beat it now that I've gotten hold of it again).

Dragon Quest VIII

Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker

Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime

Dragon Quest IV

Dragon Quest V (This and the Roto series are my favorites in terms of storyline [i'm growing fond of DWVII too])

I can't wait for the VI remake to hit the states ><.

Dragon Quest 1, or as it was known way back then...simply Dragon Quest. My friend subscribed to Nintendo Power and got this game as a result, when I started playing...from saving the princess from the Dragon, to killing goldmen for easy money, to the elusive metal slimes it was a great experience. What especially struck out to me was the overworld theme (Which is my favorite to this day), the incredible monster design which blew me away time and time again with these well drawn images oozing personality, and the charming NPCs. Though in general then and to this day I avoid games with random encounters and/or grinding, Dragon Quest is one of those exceptions and it goes back to this first game.

• 2 weeks later...

Dragon Warrior (got it with a subscription to Nintendo Power)

Dragon Warrior II

Dragon Warrior III

Dragon Warrior IV

...long hiatus...

Dragon Quest Swords

Dragon Quest VIII (have only played 10 mins so far)

Dragon Quest IV DS

dragon warrior 3 was my 1st n is still my favorite. i have and beat all of the ones released in america except 7. i never knew it came out until a little before the ds version of 4 was released. i prolly will play it sooner or later. :overjoyed2:

While I had heard about Dragon Warrior during my younger days, I never really got into it - I was more into Mario, Zelda, and Mega Man during those days. I wouldn't get into RPGs until I was in high school.

I finally decided to take a look at the Dragon Quest series after my younger brother decided to get Dragon Quest VIII for the PS2 a couple years ago, starting with the original Dragon Warrior NES (though it was via an emulator). Found it to be quite enjoyable, and wanted to track down a legit copy of either was the NES or GBC version. A few months ago, I found and bought a used copy of Dragon Warrior I&II GBC, at a used videogame store in my hometown.

DW/DQ games I've played so far:

-Dragon Warrior NES (using an emulator)

-Dragon Quest Swords

-Dragon Warrior I&II GBC

-Dragon Warrior II NES (again with an emulator, but never got around to finishing)

-Dragon Warrior III GBC (got this at the same time I got DW I&II GBC - same game store, too :o)

-Dragon Quest IV DS

-Dragon Quest V DS (haven't beaten it yet)

I hope to get around to playing Dragon Quest VIII someday, since it's among the collection of PS2 games I have here at home.

• 2 weeks later...

I played one on gameboy back when i was little but i cant remember even liking it or not. But to be honest id have to say the one i remember playing first is DQ8 after that i started playing the old ones and fell in love with them. Accept 4 (dont hurt me >.<)

-Dragon Quest 8

-Dragon Warrior 2 nes

-Dragon Warrior 1 GBC (havent beaten this one)

-Dragon Quest Rocket Slime

-Dragon Quest 4 (ds) (didnt like it.....)

-Dragon Quest 5 (ds) (currently playing and is my second fav xD)

Edited by Yutaka
  • 2 weeks later...

I first played before I can remember (probably 8 years old). I only remember one scene: A traveler's gate in a desert. Looking back on it, I must've played DW II about 14 years ago.

I got addicted when DWM came out. I also played DWM 2 (both versions) and DQM Joker. I have the DWI&2 for GBC, and DW III for GBC.

My favorite is DWM 1, followed closely by DWM 2, and then DW III. I also like Joker. DW I and II tend to bore me at this point. I sometimes play DQ Swords, too.