Sign in to follow this  
Eccadairius

What was the first Dragon Warrior game you played?

Everybody is hooked to DW!!! It's the greatest!!

Dragon Warrior II

Dragon Warrior III

Dragon Quest IV

Dragon QuestV

Dragon Warrior Monsters

Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Cobi's Journey

Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Tara's Adventure

I perfer Dragon Warrior Monsters over Dragon Warrior :P

Edited by ExitWound

Dragon Warrior VII.

Then Dragon Quest V and VIII.

Followed by Dragon Warrior IV.

Dragon Quest VIII on the PS2 was the first one I properly played. It was the first Dragon Quest released here and it didn't even have the "VIII" at the end. I'd known about the series for years and had started DQV on an emulator but didn't get that far into it before I stopped playing; it wasn't anything to do with the game, I think by sheer bad luck something in real life distracted me.

Now I'm playing FFIII on a GBC emulator on my DS. I love it and it really shows how most modern JRPGs are horribly dumbed down. I've pre-ordered the DS remake of DQIV and will do the same for V and VI, not to mention IX.

Dragon Warrior was the first one I played, Then III, IV and II.

My first one was III on the GBC when it was first released.

Since then, I seem to have been experiencing a renaissance of my own with the Dragon Quest series. More recently, I've bought the NES versions of I and III, along with VIII. I will be buying the IV, V and VI rereleases, along with IX whenever it comes out.

Edited by Yaridovich

Wow, I feel privileged to have played all the DW/DQ games in the order of their original release.

DWI

DWII

DWIII

DWIV

*DQV

*DQVI

DQVII

and DQVIII

*It took me a while to find the ROM and the translations for these, so there's a huge gap there between IV and V, but other than that I played them all soon after their release.

I have played the first 4 DW games is this order:

Dragon Warrior 4

Dragon Warrior 1

Dragon Warrior 3

Dragon Warrior 2.

There are my favorite RPGs from the series. My personal favorite is DW4.

Dragon Warrior 1 was my first, Friend of my dad let me borrow the NES and a bunch of games on occasions. I'll never forget how much leveling I did because I had no clue what I was supposed to do. I was like level 18 wandering around the desert at the north east side of the world. xd Nowdays, I could probably pwn the game in the same day. It's really easy once you know what to do.

I loved Dragon Warrior II. I played through it more than once. I even set aside a day where I'd get as far as getting the silver key within the same day(on original NES, I think they changed it a bit in GBC one).

Dragon Warrior III was a blast. I didn't know anything about how to get sages, so I just lv'd the three characters as both cleric and wizards to get all spells, then made them all monks. We pwn'd the heck out of the last boss. xd

Dragon Warrior IV was my favorite out of them all, can't wait to play the DS version of it.

Then I played all teh GBC games and Dragon Warrior VII, then last VIII.

Edit: Forgot to add that I played DQ V and VI for SFC later on on my comp...>>

Edited by MetroidXPS

- Joker

- Half Translated DQ IV DS

- Rocket Slime

- DQ V DS

And I pretend to play DQ III (on a GBC emulator on the DS) before the english release of DQ IV.

Well, It sucks that I only have a DS to play games. I'll try to get DQVII working on a PSX emulator later. But I really don't have where to play VIII.

- Joker

- Rocket Slime

- DQ V DS

And I pretend to play DQ III (on a GBC emulator on the DS) before the english release of DQ IV.

Well, It sucks that I only have a DS to play games. I'll try to get DQVII working on a PSX emulator later. But I really don't have where to play VIII.

Is this because of a lack of a PS2 or because you don't own the game? DQ VIII goes for like $15 at Gamestop. :/

- Joker

- Rocket Slime

- DQ V DS

Is this because of a lack of a PS2 or because you don't own the game? DQ VIII goes for like $15 at Gamestop. :/

First I don't own a PS2.

Second, I live in Brazil, and thanks to a lot of taxes, original PS2 games cost about 5 times more than in the US. I do have a pirate game (wich I am not proud of), but I can't play it.

Let me try explain how the prices work:

1 dollar = 1,75 reais (local money)

DQ IV 40 dollars = around 70 reais. BUT if I go to a local game store, the game will cost aroud 200 reais.

I'm going to tell a friend of mine in the US to buy DQ IV for me. But for most of the games, it almost impossible for me to play them "legally".

:happy::flameslime::devil: The first dragon warrior game I played was dragon warrior 4 and its my favorite game to this day.

Again Dragon Quest VIII on the PS2. From the moment it began i was completely enchanted with it - by far and away my favourite rpg since FF IX. Beautiful fully explorable 3D overworld (is this so hard to ask for ?!) with a wonderful and memorable cast of characters. All the towns you visit are lively and entertaining, and the story remains consistently interesting right up to the end (although as is the case with nearly every game i play, i never did finish it!). Packed with humour, the games also has it's fair share of poignant moments - who could forget visiting the rundown castle at midnight to walk through the moonlit door? In fact, pretty much every second of this game is a thing of beauty, and that's what i love about it most of all! Of course the gameplay wasn't half bad either, using alchemy to fasten new weapons and armour was addictive and fun, and the monster arena was a terrific, absorbing sidequest (not quite as awesome as blitzball, but miles better than the insectron tournaments in Rogue Galaxy at least).

It's the only DQ i've played so far, looking forward to the DS releases! :)

;) I actually thought the Monster Arena was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Blitzball.

Guest Plattym3
(not quite as awesome as blitzball, but miles better than the insectron tournaments in Rogue Galaxy at least).

I totally agreee with that sentence. I tried to get into insectron tournaments, but it was beyond me.

;) I actually thought the Monster Arena was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Blitzball.

Really? I did like the Monster Arena, but it's so passive. You click a button and watch the whole match. Blitzball, on the other hand, is a fun sports game smack dab in the middle of a turn-based RPG. It was a total change of pace, and involved you actually having to control something, not be an inactive observer.

;) I never cared much for Blitzball really, in fact I never messed around with it opting to play through the main game instead.
  • Upvote 2

Guest Plattym3

I thought it was stupid at first, totally ignored it for a while, then got totally hooked and only gave it up to finish the story when I felt that there was no more challenge in it. I was winning easily all the time.

The first DW game I played? It was a used copy of DW1 that we got at a garage sale. I'll never forget the hilarity that ensued when we found a savefile already on it named "Tabitha". Hooray for poorly-named heroes! :laugh:

Anyways, since then, I've been hooked on the series. I've played pretty much every DW/DQ game I could get my greasy little paws on.

;) I got one that beats that, a save file called "Starbudy" Seriously, STARBUDY. :laugh: even at eight years old I thought that was messed up.

As an overall name, yeah, it stinks. Still, it doesn't beat having the Princess go "Tabitha, dost thou love me?" :laugh:

;) w00t!!! Yuri implications for the win with matching

The first Dragon Quest game I played was Rocket slime and I still remember being amazed at the variety of slimes :puzzled:.

However I dont think that spin offs count, The first true Dragon quest game I played was Dragon Quest 8 at a friends house, still havent completed but still loving it. Ive also played DQMJ. Im hoping to get the results from my question on the DQ 4,5,6 section on which game I should get. Still excited that im getting my first true DW/DQ game soon.

i'm supremely dating myself here, but oh well.

as a young child, around 9 or 10, i saw the movie "The Wizard" starring Fred Savage and being all about playing NES games. well, the theater gave out little 'mini-nintendo power' mags of maybe 10 pages total. inside was a small article for Dragon Warrior 1, which had been out less than 3 months. went out and bought the game a few days later with saved allowance money. was one of my first purchases in my young life, and has led to a near two-decade-long love affair with role playing games.

so yea, my first dw game, and first rpg in general, was DW1. swiftly followed by DW2 & DW3. sadly, i missed out on dw4nes, but am currently loving the ds remake/port/report (whatever!).