Eccadairius

What was the first Dragon Warrior game you played?

My first Dragon Warrior/Quest game was Dragon Warrior VIII complete with the official srategy guide, both of which I still have. Good times with that one. I have toyed with the idea to replay it and change up the weapon choices, but the emulator and older versions are calling me to complete them....

but the emulator and older versions are calling me to complete them....

You dont know what you are passing, i suggest you to grab any copy of DQ 1 and start playing ASAP, you'll end playing them all :laugh: , i recommend DQ 1+ 2 Snes, its the best version of all.

Bought Dragon Quest IX the day before school started, so I had to wait until Friday to play it. Managed to get to the fourth boss somehow. :laugh:

Bought Dragon Quest IX the day before school started, so I had to wait until Friday to play it. Managed to get to the fourth boss somehow. :laugh: I currently have over 300 hours logged in, making it my most-played game.

my first dragon quest experience was with Dragon Warrior 1 on my NES ^^ what a great game

1991 - First Experience, I was 8 years old, just got an NES, and my sister's boyfriend (now my bro-in-law) had Dragon Warrior II for the NES at his house and he let me borrow it, I never could get the hang of it, but my eldest sister spent every night playing that game, if I recall, she finally got stuck looking for the Dew's Yarn in the tower.

1998 - First time I actually played through a DW game, I borrowed Dragon Warrior IV for the NES from a friend many years later, and spent an entire winter playing through it, and I was hooked and started hunting down the first three games for the NES.

Since then I've taken a peek at a few of the later games, and have been trying to get all 4 of the US NES releases, but only have been able to find III and I so far. So I'll live through emulation until then as I recall II and IV are rather hard to find on NES carts.

My first DQ game was VIII when it was released here in Australia in 2006. Good times. It was the first DQ game to be released here so i never got a chance to play the older ones :(

I still haven't beaten those dragons.... After all these years....I'll get to it sometime. Dragon quest ix is keeping me really busy

Edited by Amos

I was just a 7 year old boy when I saw a friend playing Dragon Quest 1 *Dragon Warrior*, took me a month to beat it start to finish, then I found Dragon Warrior 3 when I was 8 over at a video rental store, I musta rented that game every weekend for 8 weekends before I finally slogged my way to the end of it. I was pretty much a RPG Novice bac then so getting thru DW3 was a grand feat for me.

I once saw Dragon Warrior 4 at a Navy exchange in a Jewel case, was 90 dollars, safe to say my father wouldnt buy me it. lol....rare cartridge too -_-

I played the three DWM games and Dragon Warrior III on the GameBoy Color first, but it took a while for me to get any others.

The next ones I got, in order, are Rocket Slime, IX, IV (DS version), V (DS version), and VI (DS version).

For me i started with 7, the same year it came out here, i was young so i didnt get to far in it, after that i played 8, then went and played 5 and 6, then 9 lol

Dragon Warrior 1 was the very first RPG I played on the NES followed by 2 and 4, for some reason Dad forgot to get the 3rd game in the series but I managed to play it on emulators so no biggie.  DW series and Ultima IV were my main RPGs during that time.

My first dragon quest i played was Dragon warrior 1&2 on gameboy color. i saw it in a store and i try it, so it led me to see all the others in the series.

I first got introduced to the series when I got my November 05 issue of Shonen Jump with the DQVIII demo. After buying 8 I became hooked to the series. Since then I've bought the remakes for DS, DQ9 and Rocketslime. I also played through the Erdrick saga via emulator (shhh...).

Dragon Warrior I & II.

I actually thought it was cool that I was playing two different games on a single Game Boy Color cartridge.

• Upvote 1

Dragon Warrior I+II for the Game Boy. Loved the game.

The first one I have played was Dragon Quest V for the SFC. It still remains as my favorite one :)

I think it was 8. Then 3, then 5, then 9, then 6.

I remember I screwed up with the ability points system but eventually I got to 100 in Swords and Courage for my Hero.. I think 100 in Axes and Humanity for Yangus (both a waste), 100 in Sex Appeal for Jessica (strategically a waste, visually not), and I don't even know if I got to 100 for Angelo. If I did it was probably in Charisma.

My first was IX. Still play it to this day. Second was IVDS, third was VIDS, then VDS, then VII, then VIII, then INES, then IIIGBC.

Cool, I like to hear that Dragon Quest IX has brought new fans to the series.

• Upvote 1

And that then they've enjoyed the others too! The 3 DS remakes have helped a lot too!

Super Famicom DQVI (via emulation) was the first one I played.

I grew up playing Phantasy Star I, II, II and IV during 1989-1995.  Heh, my name is after a dungeon in Phantasy Star II not very far into the game. I didn't even own a Nintendo machine of any kind until the SNES in 1991.   Even though I knew of Dragon Quest / Dragon Warrior since 1989, I had never payed much attention to the series, let alone played one during those years.

In late 1994 I was thumbing through the latest EGM and saw this preview of Dragon Quest VI for the Super Famicom.  I thought, DAMN this looks like an incredible game. I had hoped it would make its way stateside to the SNES, but as we all know, it never happened.  Years later around 1999-2000 when emulation was becoming very popular, I got into playing hundreds of games for many different systems. I thought back to those DQVI screens I had seen years earlier. So I wanted to see if I could find the Japanese ROM and try it out. Sure enough I did.  I don't remember if at that time, around 2000, if there was even a primitive english translation or not. So I might've been playing it with Japanese text. Fast forward 4-5 more years and by that time I'm pretty sure there was some sort of translation out there. I played more, advancing through several towns and scenarios, even into the Dream World and back. Didn't get that far but I loved it.   I tried out various other entries in the series on NES and SFC including the remakes for SFC.  I really loved the look of IIIr, though I didn't enjoy them as much as my first experiences with VI.

Flash forward to 2012, I picked up the entire Zenithia trilogy of remakes for DS.   I'm playing in order, about halfway through IV now.   When I'm done with IV-V-VI on DS I plan to play through VI and then IIIr on SFC.

I'm really hoping that VII for 3DS gets localized but I don't expect that to happen until late 2014 or sometime in 2015, if ever.   Also, I recently saw videos of the PS2 remake of V.  I need to get a proper PS2 setup and everything patched since I've heard that it's MUCH better than going the emulation route. 

Edited by NidoTower

My first foray into the Dragon Quest realm began with Dragon Warrior. Sadly, I was a thieving kid when I claimed it as mine. My mother refused to buy anything expensive, as NES cartridges were costly, so I decided to take matters into my sneaky hands. The box art in vibrant, color pencil gold sold me! So, I stealthy removed the game from its packaging and placed it underneath my elastic, short band. Whew! I walked away unnoticed and returned home with a new game I cherish to this day. :D

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

My first foray into the Dragon Quest realm began with Dragon Warrior. Sadly, I was a thieving kid when I claimed it as mine. My mother refused to buy anything expensive, as NES cartridges were costly, so I decided to take matters into my sneaky hands. The box art in vibrant, color pencil gold sold me! So, I stealthy removed the game from its packaging and placed it underneath my elastic, short band. Whew! I walked away unnoticed and returned home with a new game I cherish to this day. :D

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

:whoa: Hilarious story!  Guess I'm lucky I got mine free with Nintendo Power so I didn't start off that way.