What was the first Dragon Warrior game you played?

Hey guys, new here. Just got into the DQ series recently and I'm hooked! Will be getting DQ IX very soon.

The first game I played, however, was Dragon Quest IV on NES....and I loved it!!! Now I'm on DQ V. I plan to play every game in the series and I'm looking forward to posting here.

I love hearing stories like this. Glad to see you've caught the bug. I look forward to hearing about your experiences as you traverse the series. Enjoy!

Thank you! And I'll be sure to give updates as I play all the games.

I actually got the $5 deal on DQIX, I just have to go pick it up later! :)

I still can't believe a store had such an awesome game going for that price.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am posting this.... because I miss the days of old.... my first Dragon Warrior game I ever played was "Dragon Warrior"! My cousin first got me to play it and i have been hooked ever since! I played

The first one for me was DRAGON QUEST XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age the game is simply at the top of its kind on Nintendo's Hybrid: Very visually and technically impressive, incredibly endearing a

My first was Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Tara's Journey way back in 2001-ish. This was near the height of the Pokémon craze, and DWM2 caught my interest for the way it did the monster-catching idea in

Dragon Warrior was my first DQ game and my first RPG! The obsession has been going strong ever since then...

• 2 weeks later...

Dragon Warrior 1 for me. I played it when I was young and eventually moved on to Dragon Warrior 2.

My next game would actually be Dragon Warrior 7. As it turns out my mom would later get me a game for my birthday called Dragon Warrior Monsters. I was both confused and amazed that something like this was made. I got the sequel DWM2: Tara's Adventure during its release.

After that I actually heard about Dragon Warrior 3 on the GBC so I bought that as well. Became my favorite Dragon Warrior game.

My friend ended up showing me DW 1+2 on GBC so I played that later on an emulator. I later started playing DW 5 and 6 on an SNES emulator as well.

Of course DQ8 came out on PS2 and I bought that and enjoyed it. As time went on I eventually played DQ4 on the DS and I moved on to DQ5 and 6 on DS as well.

Dragon Quest IX would come out later and that would be my latest DQ purchase. :D

Edited by Tesla
Guest Souldrop

I played Dragon Warrior I for the NES. It was probably the 2nd game i ever completed after SMB 3. Then forgot about DW for a few years then got hooked back in by Dragon warrior monsters for gameboy and havent looked back since.

First was Dragon Warrior Monsters and then Dragon Warrior III. I fell in love with the series at that point. :)

• 3 months later...

First was Joker, but the first main series game I played was DQIX. Fell in love with the series from here on, and due to my then-obsession with a Flemish gnome named Kabouter Plop (which is where part of my name comes from), even went as far as to make younger counterparts of Plop and his friends.

Next came DQV; I got a Japanese PS2 guidebook, but got the DS version one Saturday, one day later in October 2011. I beat it 12/16/11 with hero (Abel), son (Parry), daughter (Madchen), Nera, slime (Gooey), slime knight (Goodian), and some monsters I can't even remember (possibly golem (Mason) and some monster I still can't remember; maybe great dragon?).

I got DQMJ2 and resumed Rocket Slime, but that's a story I'll save for later.

But if you're talking about my first DQ/DW game part of "Dragon Warrior," then it's DWIII for the GBC. Recently got it last Thursday at the Brooklyn Park Games N Go, and currently at Kazave, preparing for Kandar and his restless armour-like goons.

Edited by Kabouter Slime

First was 1, followed by 3 on the GBC and later 8 completely re-kindled my love of the series and plunged me back in.

• 2 weeks later...

6 and Joker 1 6 made me love Joker 1 because I could get some of the bosses in 6 in Joker 1

Dragon Quest III on the GBC, I actually traded Pokemon Yellow for that (some kid wanted to get into the whole "Pokemon thing" and I had Pokemon Red anyway).

best.trade.ever

First one I played was DW1. I bought it from a used game store in 1996

Just curious which version that would be.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine was DQW1 Nes, i remember playing one in my pirated GBA cartridge (so it had 2-3 GBA games at once and hundreds of Nes games, and thats how i end up met DQ for the dirst time, though i was still a kind of weirdo being unable to survive in journey going to second town of the game. (I eventually beat the GBC version in my emulator thought).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My first Dragon Warrior game was IV for the NES. I got hooked the moment I killed my first slime. From then on I began a frantic search for the rest of the series, which at that time there was only 1-4. Dragon Warrior 2 was the hardest to find. I ended up finding it in a pawn shop.

My first one was Dragon Warrior monsters, then Dragon Warrior monsters 2 Cobi's Journey. I didn't discover the original Dragon Warrior series until recently, i still need to play through the first one actually. I'll probably try to play through the entire series eventually, but its hard to say when i'll get that done :laugh:. For now i'm fiddling around with a new file on Dragon warrior monsters and after that i might get around to Dragon Warrior 1 & 2 (gbc release) Then come the end of this month will be a major delay in my playing the series as my attention will entirely focused on Assassin's Creed 3 for awhile (and Halo 4 as well)

EDIT

At some point in the future i will most likely look into Dragon Quest monsters joker and possibly even Joker 2 as well.

Edited by rmcin329
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I swore I posted in this thread awhile ago, but can't seem to find it.

My first Dragon Warrior game was the original on a NES while I was babysitting a family friends kid MANY years ago. I have moved thru the series (and the DeJap translations) thru the years. STILL one of my very fave series for 20+ years now.

My first was acually Dragon warrior 3 gbc my generation doesnt know much about nes games, plus my brother snes was broken at that time so ;~;

My first was VI and then V on snes, i always wanted to play VI because i saw it announced in a magazine back when it was announced for Japan and i always wanted to play that series badly, being since kid a Dragon Ball fanatic, seeing a game where the artwork was made by Toriyama was a dream, and i cant get enough of this series!