What was the first Dragon Warrior game you played?

woah! i got about half-way through that paragraph and i just gave up! that was one long post!

Ha ha! Sorry, guy. I just couldn't lessen it any. I never get to talk about Dragon Quest. This is more or less my first time getting to express my opinions about the series with people that know about it. x_x I'll likely not post that big ever again, though. So no worries!

It wasn't the length of the post so much as the lack of paragraphs in the post. ;)

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am posting this.... because I miss the days of old.... my first Dragon Warrior game I ever played was "Dragon Warrior"! My cousin first got me to play it and i have been hooked ever since! I played

The first one for me was DRAGON QUEST XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age the game is simply at the top of its kind on Nintendo's Hybrid: Very visually and technically impressive, incredibly endearing a

My first was Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Tara's Journey way back in 2001-ish. This was near the height of the Pokémon craze, and DWM2 caught my interest for the way it did the monster-catching idea in

I ploughed through the wall of text since I found it to be a good and relatable read. Thanks for sharing your experiences Exarvus. Hope you like DW7. It is one of my favorites.

I'll break up my lengthier posts from now on, for sure.

I'll break up my lengthier posts from now on, for sure.

Hey, we've all posted walls of text from time to time. It's not always a bad thing. If the content is there to keep it interesting, I don't mind at all, personally. In this case, I found it to be a very interesting read.

Thanks again, and looking forward to seeing more of you around here.

man....i feel bad now because it started a big deal.....

Oh, no! Don't feel bad, guy. I acknowledge it's potential to be intimidating, and I probably could have done with separating it some. I'm not offended or anything, so no harm done.

Thanks for taking the time to conquer my wall! :)

I remember watching my older brother play it when his friend was over with his NES. They would hook it up to our Commodore64 monitor. I bought DW1 with the Nintendo Power deal. I own and played through every American game released. It's my favorite series.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, then. Allow me to astound you with my anti-old-school.

First Dragon Quest game: Dragon Quest IX.

After that, I got incredibly hooked to the series and flew back to the older games.

If I remember right, I purchased DWM2 and then DQVIDS, the latter of which I managed to beat. I'm still getting through DWM2. After that I beat the Japanese DQMJ2 I had sitting around for a year, occasionally grinding on it due to being stuck on the final boss for... what, 6 months? He admittably is quite hard. I also started DQIIISNES and got a friend hooked on it. Going through English DQMJ2 now as well.

You can probably see why I hate not having a PS3 now. In some way, shape or form I have access to virtually every DQ game except for VIII.

First game was VIII for me. I was addicted, finished it and then kinda forgot about it.

Then came IX. God. Addiction. After that came DQMJ2, fuelling my thirst for more DQ. I am now working on completing DQ V and DQM2, when I'm done with those I'll probably pick up a copy of DQVI. I also really wanna find a copy of DQVIII again, because I am stupid and got rid of most of my ps2 games when i bought a new ps3 (the ones who dont support ps2).

First game was Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Tara's Adventure. To this day its one of the best games I have ever played. One of the most enjoyable too. I have put over 500 hours into that game.

First traditinal DQ game was Dragon Warrior 1 and 2 for GBC.

DW 1 when it came out when I was a kid. We couldtn find DW2 anywhere and mom and dad didnt want to buy Dw3 for me, it was too expensive. I bought DW3 years later from funcoland and then DW3. I only just purchased DW4 and I am playing it now.

You can probably see why I hate not having a PS3 now. In some way, shape or form I have access to virtually every DQ game except for VIII.

well, just be patient and later soon enough you'll find a way through it. (maybe you can borrow/ play together with anyone who had PS3, because that's the way i used how to play DQVIII. i never had any ps Consoles anyway.. >.<)

Edited by Gigamagicx6

The first game I played in the series was Dragon Warrior Monsters. I was young at the time, and a lot of the concepts confused me, so I didn't find it really fun.

Then I picked up DWM2, and I really loved it. Played it for hours and hours... And I still have my old old save with several all 999 stat monsters.

I got Dragon Warrior III (GBC) a while after it came out, and it took me so long to get to and beat the midboss I thought he was the final boss! I've never even beat the final boss, actually... I got to the final dungeon and the cartridge had an attack of amnesia. I'm probably gonna try again, using a ROM.This game was just something else, in a good way.

The only other DW/DQ games I've played are Dragon Quest Monsters Joker, which I find mediocre compared to DWM2, and DQ9, which is really awesome.

I honestly don't remember. I played a few of the Dragon Warrior games on NES back in the early 90's but I was only 5 or 6. When I was a teenager, I would play every RPG I could get my hands on, so I picked up Dragon Warrior VII when it came out. I loved the game, and eventually played and beat all the other games in the series.

I quite honestly don't remember. It was probably Dragon Warrior Monsters, but Dragon Warrior I and II are possible as well.

First game was VIII for me. I was addicted, finished it and then kinda forgot about it.

Then came IX. God. Addiction. After that came DQMJ2, fuelling my thirst for more DQ. I am now working on completing DQ V and DQM2, when I'm done with those I'll probably pick up a copy of DQVI. I also really wanna find a copy of DQVIII again, because I am stupid and got rid of most of my ps2 games when i bought a new ps3 (the ones who dont support ps2).

I will so be getting DQVIII for christmas ^^

Hey guys, new here. Just got into the DQ series recently and I'm hooked! Will be getting DQ IX very soon.

The first game I played, however, was Dragon Quest IV on NES....and I loved it!!! Now I'm on DQ V. I plan to play every game in the series and I'm looking forward to posting here.

• Upvote 1

Hey guys, new here. Just got into the DQ series recently and I'm hooked! Will be getting DQ IX very soon.

The first game I played, however, was Dragon Quest IV on NES....and I loved it!!! Now I'm on DQ V. I plan to play every game in the series and I'm looking forward to posting here.

I love hearing stories like this. Glad to see you've caught the bug. I look forward to hearing about your experiences as you traverse the series. Enjoy!

I love hearing stories like this. Glad to see you've caught the bug. I look forward to hearing about your experiences as you traverse the series. Enjoy!

Thank you! And I'll be sure to give updates as I play all the games.

I actually got the $5 deal on DQIX, I just have to go pick it up later! :)