What was the first Dragon Warrior game you played?

I am posting this.... because I miss the days of old.... my first Dragon Warrior game I ever played was "Dragon Warrior"! My cousin first got me to play it and i have been hooked ever since! I played the first four games in this order:

Dragon Warrior

Dragon Warrior III

Dragon Warrior IV

Dragon Warrior II

Dragon Warrior III took me 15 days to complete. So, what is your fondest memory of Dragon Warrior and what was your first game you ever played?

Maybe Woodus could pin this up for everyone to see and post in the future.... please :)

Edited by Eccadairius
  • Upvote 4
  • Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am posting this.... because I miss the days of old.... my first Dragon Warrior game I ever played was "Dragon Warrior"! My cousin first got me to play it and i have been hooked ever since! I played

The first one for me was DRAGON QUEST XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age the game is simply at the top of its kind on Nintendo's Hybrid: Very visually and technically impressive, incredibly endearing a

My first was Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Tara's Journey way back in 2001-ish. This was near the height of the Pokémon craze, and DWM2 caught my interest for the way it did the monster-catching idea in

First one was the original DW game.. was about 5 or 6 at the time... only spoke and read french, not english... it helped me learn it, although it was old english... I thought in the beginning it'd be a game like The Legend of Zelda, but my deception was only for a short time... I remember well seeing for the first time "A Red Slime draws near! Command?" I finally had an image to put to the monster that was hidden under my bed ;)

after that,

DW2

DW4

and years later (thanks to the magic of emulation) DW3 in 1998.

• Upvote 2

First one I played was Dragon Warrior. My Dad got it for his birthday and after he beat it he let me play it and helped me with it. Been hooked ever since. Playing DW1 and also DW2 with my Dad were great times and some of my facorite gaming memories. He got jealous because I beat DW4 before he did. He had to ask ME for help lol. I never played 3 on the NES until like, 1996 or as I was really into school at that time kicking ass with science fairs and what not :P

• Like 1

Started with DWI back in 89. My mom bought and both of us were hooked.

Then in order, I played.

DWII

DWIII

DWIV (All NES versions only)

DWVII (PSX)

Emulation DQV, DQVI (SNES)

DQVIII (PS2)

Irony is I played FFI before DQIII, and though that DQIII was at first an FF knockoff (but better) with the 4 member party - when it was close to the opposite.

Edited by Red Dragon

Being born into a generation that hardly even saw a NES (I was more of a Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo kid), my first DW game was DWI&II for the GBC. Then came DWIII for the GBC, and then I jumped to DWVII when I got my PlayStation.

I didn't go back and play the originals until several years after I started playing the games.

Honestly, I don't know the answer to this question. My dad became addicted to Dragon Warrior when it first came out in America, a year before I was born. I was born in 1990, and apparently my dad only rented Dragon Warriors 2 and 3, and bought Dragon Warriors 1 and 4. I had vague memories of 2 and 3 until a few years ago when I played them on an emulator, but I still own, and protect, my copies of 1 and 4. I think the first one I actually played was 4, but I am pretty sure I saw the completion of each game during my dad's babysitting time before I ever actually held the controller and played it myself around my third birthday.

Edited by IvorEvilen

Mine was Dragon Warrior I for the NES.

Then:

- Dragon Warrior I&II (GBC)

- Dragon Warrior III (GBC)

- Dragon Warrior Monsters (GBC): I still have yet to finish this... ^.^;;

- Dragon Quest V (SNES)

I for the NES, yup... then I didn't play any till IV actually. Got 2 and 3 later. Then the next time I played one was VII... went back and found the ROMS and patches after that for V and VI after that. The rest is history...

DW 3, as some of you might already know.

Lets see a few weeks before i got my gba i went to buy a gbc games so the cover for dw3 reminded me of dbz that convinced me to try it. It was my first non-pokemon rpg and i loved it.

I started playing Dragon Warrior IV, my brothers had bought it and the other games. I was only five or six at the time and I picked Dragon Warrior IV because I knew it was the latest in the series and being a kid, the further the better. I beat it within six or so months, my brother helped me only on the first chapter which was just enough of a push to teach me how to play the game. I tried the other Dragon Warriors but to this day it's my absolute favorite. In fact I'm trying to write a book based around it right now.

:flameslime:

I started playing Dragon Warrior IV, my brothers had bought it and the other games. I was only five or six at the time and I picked Dragon Warrior IV because I knew it was the latest in the series and being a kid, the further the better. I beat it within six or so months, my brother helped me only on the first chapter which was just enough of a push to teach me how to play the game. I tried the other Dragon Warriors but to this day it's my absolute favorite. In fact I'm trying to write a book based around it right now.

:flameslime:

When I first played Dragon Warrior all equipment was automatically equipped! When I started playing Dragon Warrior III, I had to learn the hard way!

Dragon Warrior

i started with the original almost completely by accident. it was summer after my freshman year of high school (like 13 years after the game came out) and i had surgery so i was laid up. i love playing old school games and had an NES by my bed for two weeks while i couldn't do anything so i bought a couple new games.

i got jordan vs. bird for $1 and Dragon Warrior for $3. the price was right and it looked like an rpg which i loved. it was probably the 4th rpg i ever played, i friggin LOVED it (yes i fell in love with an NES rpg with 1 character while final fantasy vii was on the shelves)...

... and the rest is history.

Dragon Warrior

i started with the original almost completely by accident. it was summer after my freshman year of high school (like 13 years after the game came out) and i had surgery so i was laid up. i love playing old school games and had an NES by my bed for two weeks while i couldn't do anything so i bought a couple new games.

i got jordan vs. bird for $1 and Dragon Warrior for $3. the price was right and it looked like an rpg which i loved. it was probably the 4th rpg i ever played, i friggin LOVED it (yes i fell in love with an NES rpg with 1 character while final fantasy vii was on the shelves)...

... and the rest is history.

Well, I could complete the original Dragon Warrior about 3 to five days.... since I haven't played it in ages, I doubt if I could complete it in that time frame.

My first was Dragon Warrior Monsters for GBC. I got to know all the monsters etc. so eventually branched out into I - III also on GBC. It was quite hard to make the transition at first (monster collect 'em ups and traditional RPGs are very different) but it wasn't long before I came round and the 60 odd hours of III just flew by. I'd like to play the NES version when I have the chance.

I've beaten them in a really stupid order actually, not one of them's in their correct position.

III > I > VIII > V > IV. II and VII are in progress, I should start on IV soon too. But as it stands none of them will fall into there corresponding place. I'm hoping IX will finally be the first one to be played in order (ie. ninth). Though I may play it through before I beat one of the others unfinished ones, just to be a jerk.

Well, for me it was totally different, since here in Spain (and Europe) the first DQ was 8 the only way to play was trough emulation.

My very first DQ was VI with an english alpha or beta patch that only it was translated with..10%? i cant recall, but i fell in love with it. Later at time i was so excited that i buyed DQ 1&2-III for the GBC since it doesn't was region limited.

so the list is some like this:

VI-1&2-3 GBC- I- II- V - III - IV -VIII. I only have to finish VII because my PS2 its broken T_T

Only NES and Super nes DQ i played in emulation, the only i have original is the ones for GBC, DQ VII, VIII and Swords

Edited by Botsu

Dragon Warrior Monsters was the first one for me but because DQ/DW had never been released in the UK i just thought it was a pokemon copy tho i liked it alot more the breeding,music,more than 1 enemy a battle etc it was all new to me because the only other rpg game i had played back then apart mibi zelda was pokemon and i still think it is the best in the monster series

a few years later i seen something about DW on the net and done some research which led me to playing 5 and 6 thru emulation and since then Dragon Quest has always been one of my most loved video game series :)

Played the original Dragon Warrior 1 that i recieved for my subscription to Nintendo Power at the time. Then i played 3 a couple years later then 4 then i went and found 2. Then 7 and 8. I am now playing 5 as an emulation. Then ill be onto 6.

Played the original Dragon Warrior 1 that i recieved for my subscription to Nintendo Power at the time. Then i played 3 a couple years later then 4 then i went and found 2. Then 7 and 8. I am now playing 5 as an emulation. Then ill be onto 6.

My favorite line from Dragon Warrior is:

Gwaelin: "Dost thou love me?"

Yes or No?

Hero: No!

Gwaelin: "But thou Must!"

Sounds like forced love to me. But it's a classic line.

Yes or No?

Ive got DQ VIII + im not a hard core gamer so its taking me a while to beat :ws-slimedead:

Yes or No?

I also remember when SPOILER->

at the end of the game, when princess Laura sais to you if she can go with you on your journey, if you say no to her, it goes to an infinite loop

it was hilarious that she forced you!!

Dragon Warrior 1 for the NES was my first exposure to the series. I didn't get the free giveaway from Nintendo Power. It was just a random purchase my dad probably made or I saw the game at Toys R Us. I fell in love with it instantly. I went on to purchase Dragon Warrior 2 and 3 as well. I still own the cartridges for 1&2, although I lost 3 due to a flood. I never got to play the fourth NES game outside of Funco Land until I discovered emulation.

My first game in the series was DW1 and it caught me by surprise as I never knew they made games that could go for more than a day, :biggrin: ! But anyhoo, here they are in order of played and beaten:

Dragon Warrior series

DW1

DW2

DW4

DW3

DW5

DW6

DW7

DW8

Any news on 9 coming here(US) anytime soon?

DWM series

DWM

DWM2 Cobi's

Edited by Olimpior
;) My first hands on play through of a game was Dragon Warrior I when I was eight. My brother borrowed it from a Friend of his. I also Played Dragon Warrior III a lot too when I was that age.