Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kenshin

Esturkdq4's Tournament #1:Best RPG Tournament

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey guys, bit late posting this one. I just got back from a family picnic... thing. Anyways, on to the semi-finals we go!

Guest Plattym3

No, no no. Don't say FFVI. It was OK, but it's no DQVIII. My goodness no...

Are you kidding me?! FFVI was one of my favorite RPGs ever and it's easily one of the best FFs. DQVIII on the other hand I thought was mediocre at best and would rank it below nearly every other DQ game besides 1, 2 and maybe 6.

Guest Plattym3

Well, to each his own, but really the 3 games that people love a bunch that I saw as "just another RPG" were FFVI, FFIV, and Chrono Trigger. I did enjoy them all, but I can easily find 10 non-DQ games that I liked better. Maybe it was the fact that I never played any of those 3 when I was young, but each one in my 20s, mainly my late 20s.

I gotta agree with Kenshin. While I liked DQVIII, it really doesn't compare to FFVI in my opinion.

Also of note, this was the Final for the SK Version of this Same Tournament I did last year, yet I don't have the results logged anywhere.

This one is real tough. I ranked FFVI 9th in my top 10, and DQVIII at 11th, both 3rd in their series. (DQVIII behind IV and V, FFVI behind IV and tactics)

I flipped them and went with DQ with the tiebreak going with tradition. The thing I like about DQVIII despite some of the name changes of enemies and the like is that "Hey, I remember those" feeling when I run into some of the enemies out there. Tentacles is back, and as tough as he ever was.

I've decided to keep voting for Semi #1 until tomorrow as well, ending the same time as #2. The Championship will start then.