Gundam

haseeb

So besides me are there any gundam fans here. If so what is your fave series.

Personally i love gundam wing it got me into the series, currently i am watching zeta gundam almost done with it. Again i love it char is my fave character in the series.

Off topic----- What gundam games have you played, if any? Also anyone here heard/played ms saga?

I am a huge Gundam fan. I just finished watching the Gundam Seed Destiny series today, which is a direct sequel to the Gundam Seed series. Gundam Seed seems to me like a modern throwback to the original Mobile Suit Gundam, since a lot of the same concepts are involved. Overall, it was great to watch and thought-provoking.

I haven't played any Gundam games myself, but my brother has played MS Saga. From what I saw, it looked like a solid oldschool-style RPG.

Gundam Seed was pretty good, but I didn't like Seed Destiny as much... Gundam Wing was great and was the reason I decided to watch some of the other Gundam Series. G Gundam was by far the best Gundam ever though. I would even go so far as to say it's my favorite Mecha anime of all time.

The only other ones I tried watching were the original Gundam series, which was okay but I wasn't much of a fan, and SD Gundam which was just horrendous.

MS Saga wasn't too bad... it just helps to be a Gundam fan for it because everything about it is very basic. Customization was cool though, as you could swap parts and everything.

Though be forewarned, this game has one of the worst dubs EVER. I mean, these people essentially just read their lines off a sheet of paper with no character or acting whatsoever.

Decent game if you can find it for like 20$.

I've only completed Wing but I LOVE it to be sure...matter of fact I keep a bunch of pics of Col./Lady Une and I gotta tell you I don't care that she ain't real cos she scares the hell out of me!

Only criticism that I had with the series was their was one character whom was a little too..."friendly" with another male pilot and that led me to think *WOW! He's...nevermind* and yet no one ever comes and says "Yep you're right" even though it seems obvious *shrugs*

I've wanted to get into Gundam for ages, but I'm reluctant to start anywhere but the very beginning. Does anyone know where I can watch the original (subbed version) films (which I believe are a compilation of the original series')?

I am a Gundam fanatic. Not to disagree with anyones opinion, never got into G Gundam, and Wing is ok...to boy bandish. My favs are the original series, 0080, Seed is a decent retelling/modernization of the original. I can't wait for 00 to come over to America :thumbsup:

I've wanted to get into Gundam for ages, but I'm reluctant to start anywhere but the very beginning. Does anyone know where I can watch the original (subbed version) films (which I believe are a compilation of the original series')?

I dont know but try mininova. I watch dubbed so i am not really sure about subbed.

I finished zeta gundam and now i am on gundam(i know its going backwards) and i cant wait to watch gundam wing(i have already watched every episode plus the movie but it was probably 5 years ago).

This thread got me back into the mood for some Gundam love. Started marathoning Zeta, 4 and a half discs in 24 hours...awesome, or pathetic....lol

Zeta is one of the best one by far but you should watch the movie instead, they add new animation in it which was great. I never saw seed series until I watched trilogy movie last month, and by far it look like $#!& to me. Hardly any original plot and they ripped every good scene in the old ones. Also no original MS design what so ever, just rip ideas from the old. I dont know why the japanese praise it the best, I find the red hair girl being annoying worthless whore just b***ching everywhere she goes. The series seems more like for younger audience until I saw the redhead had sex with the main character wtf :rolleyes: . So far Gundam 00 looks like it can be one of the top in the series, finished season 1 and damn them for stalling for season 2 in october.

Might as well spread this around here.

http://getfansub.com/wiki/Category:Gundam_Series

Zeta is one of the best one by far but you should watch the movie instead, they add new animation in it which was great. I never saw seed series until I watched trilogy movie last month, and by far it look like $#!& to me. Hardly any original plot and they ripped every good scene in the old ones. Also no original MS design what so ever, just rip ideas from the old. I dont know why the japanese praise it the best, I find the red hair girl being annoying worthless whore just b***ching everywhere she goes. The series seems more like for younger audience until I saw the redhead had sex with the main character wtf :rolleyes: . So far Gundam 00 looks like it can be one of the top in the series, finished season 1 and damn them for stalling for season 2 in october.

I love zeta, right now i am watching the original and it seems pretty good. Also i have heard that gundam 00 is supposed to be similar to gundam wing. I will watch it when the dub comes out. G Gundam is the next gundam series i am about to watch.

Zeta is one of the best one by far but you should watch the movie instead, they add new animation in it which was great. I never saw seed series until I watched trilogy movie last month, and by far it look like $#!& to me. Hardly any original plot and they ripped every good scene in the old ones. Also no original MS design what so ever, just rip ideas from the old. I don't know why the japanese praise it the best, I find the red hair girl being annoying worthless whore just b***ching everywhere she goes. The series seems more like for younger audience until I saw the redhead had sex with the main character wtf :rolleyes: . So far Gundam 00 looks like it can be one of the top in the series, finished season 1 and damn them for stalling for season 2 in october.

The problem with the Zeta movie compilations is that MAJOR story segments were changed. The Zeta series actually flows into the follow up series, the movies don't. As for Seed, it was aimed more at the teen age demographic. You say that a lot of it was "ripped off", while others say it was a modernization/reinterpritation of the original..or even an homage. I know very few that say Seed is the best, Zeta, and Wing, even the original usually rate much higher.

I know that in the movie some things were changed but I like to think its for the better since the follow up ZZ gundam was pretty much a flop. I know some said that seed and wing are the best because thats the only ones they saw here. Anyways I hate how people say seed is a homage to the original. If they want to remake the original then just do it and not copy and paste. I know that some of the voice actors are dead from the original (from smoking), then just replace them with similar voice. I feel pissed about seed cause of that and the redhead but its just my opinion. I only watch the good ones in the series, I dont bother wasting time on something I dont like so thats enough said.

On the side note of G gundam, check this out. Also G came out before Wing.

http://www.angelfire.com/gundam/gundamsme/

• 2 weeks later...
I know that in the movie some things were changed but I like to think its for the better since the follow up ZZ gundam was pretty much a flop. I know some said that seed and wing are the best because thats the only ones they saw here. Anyways I hate how people say seed is a homage to the original. If they want to remake the original then just do it and not copy and paste. I know that some of the voice actors are dead from the original (from smoking), then just replace them with similar voice. I feel pissed about seed cause of that and the redhead but its just my opinion. I only watch the good ones in the series, I dont bother wasting time on something I dont like so thats enough said.

On the side note of G gundam, check this out. Also G came out before Wing.

http://www.angelfire.com/gundam/gundamsme/

I am actually watching g gundam currently. I love it, its different than other gundam series but its still really good.

Also i just bought ms saga off ebay so i cant wait to play it. I will play it after my exams and metal gear solid 4.

Finished Zeta, on to the original movie trilogy :)

Nectarsis have you ever watched Turn A gundam? I dont even want to touch that lol, if you did how was it by the way. Which one is your favorite mobile suit? I perfer the Dendrobium, that armor is so loaded with weapons.

I haven't seen Turn A yet. I have been tempted to break down and get one of the boot box sets on Ebay as there seems to be no chance of Turn A (or any other non released older) Gundam to come out in the US. I have heard it's a love/hate series...no middle ground. Have heard from many it's the best Gundam ever ( well maybe second to the original). Hmmmmmmm fav suit..so many choices...Kampfer, G-04/5,Mark 3, I will admit to liking the Strike Freedom w/Meteor unit ( same reasons as you with Dendroium), Xamel, GM Cannon 2.

I haven't seen Turn A yet. I have been tempted to break down and get one of the boot box sets on Ebay as there seems to be no chance of Turn A (or any other non released older) Gundam to come out in the US. I have heard it's a love/hate series...no middle ground. Have heard from many it's the best Gundam ever ( well maybe second to the original). Hmmmmmmm fav suit..so many choices...Kampfer, G-04/5,Mark 3, I will admit to liking the Strike Freedom w/Meteor unit ( same reasons as you with Dendroium), Xamel, GM Cannon 2.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/convention...i-entertainment

Read that its about the older gundam series they still have a chance.

Also i got 4 hours into ms saga and i love the gundam customization in it.

Bah...I need announcements Bandai *shakes fist angirly in the air*...lol. I have heard on a few anime sited of Bandais desire to "relaunch" Gundam in the US. Seeing as Gundam 00 has been licesenced for release in the US, there is still hope.

Bah...I need announcements Bandai *shakes fist angirly in the air*...lol. I have heard on a few anime sited of Bandais desire to "relaunch" Gundam in the US. Seeing as Gundam 00 has been licesenced for release in the US, there is still hope.

Man i hope they dub at least one gundam. I would love to watch victory gundam or turn a gundam.

Hope you do know that they already dub alot of gundam series already but they are just on DVD. The ones they didnt do are Zeta, ZZ, Victory, F91, X, turn A, and some movies (screw SD I give no love to them). So pretty much they brought alot over here already except not much people know about on TV.

Where are these found??

Where are these found??

I posted the site where you can dl them already, even though I torrented most of my stuff which was painful. The ones I listed are fan subs so they were never brought here. No Turn A here cause maybe even the guy who host this thinks its terrible too.

Download Here Below!

Hope you do know that they already dub alot of gundam series already but they are just on DVD. The ones they didnt do are Zeta, ZZ, Victory, F91, X, turn A, and some movies (screw SD I give no love to them). So pretty much they brought alot over here already except not much people know about on TV.

I know they dubbed them. And in my post i meant that i hope they dub one of the series that they have not introduced here yet.

Also they did dub zeta gundam i have it downloaded.

Archived