Sign in to follow this  
Nakhash

Dragon Warrior Reborn Trilogy

Well I'm very excited that Dragon Warrior Reborn Trilogy is finally released. I'd like to thank everyone here who has helped me by providing ideas and support. I hope everyone enjoys it like I have. :)

It can be found at dragonwarriorreborn.com

Nakhash

Guest Plattym3

WOW! You did do all 3. I don't recall hearing from you for a long time. How long are your games each? I'm definately interested in playing.

Wow, good to hear, glad you got them done, I never could push myself on past doing DW1

WOW! You did do all 3. I don't recall hearing from you for a long time. How long are your games each? I'm definately interested in playing.

DWR 1 is slightly bigger then the original DW 1 for nes, and DWR 2 is 4 to 5 times the size of DWR1, and DWR 3 is about 6 times the size of DWR 1. The reason DWR 3 is much longer because of the class system, so I needed to make the game length long enough to enable someone to get the advanced classes. Yeah I know the series is decent size. :evillaugh:

Nakhash

Wow, good to hear, glad you got them done, I never could push myself on past doing DW1

Thanks. DWR 1 is a near replica of DW1 with extra features and characters, but DWR 2, and DWR 3 is vastly differant then the nes versions, except for some of the graphics, music, bits of the story and bossess. Also I used bits of the DW4 characters, and places for DWR 3. There are other similarities like in DWR 2 you get a ship, and in DWR 3 you get a ship, and a bird to fly around with. The project has taken me about 2 years total of coding an editor and creating all three games.

Nakhash

The link sends me to a Japanese website about dementia.

Is anyone else seeing that or do I have it?

Saw that too. This thread is like 8+ years old.

Oh wow... I didn't even realize that...

tumblr_myhhioS75Y1rwoghno1_400.gif

Yeah, and the game WAS at dragonwarriorreborn.org for a while. Now that website has disappeared.

Good thing I have the game uploaded to Mediafire, because it's a shame the official website went away. It's the last version of the game. I noticed some DWR1 items don't actually give the resistances they say they do, but the Dragon Lord is still beatable around level 40 with a full party even with that oversight.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mms8m5fk164h84z/Dragon_Warrior_Reborn_Trilogy.exe

Edited by Ryuujin

Thanks!

What about 2 & 3? Were those ever completed like he had said?

Thanks!

What about 2 & 3? Were those ever completed like he had said?

I didn't actually use the link, but didn't it say Trilogy?

Oh, yeah... heh.

I'm at work. I'm used to not reading anything thoroughly while I'm here.

8 year old thread? try posting on a 10 year old thread?

So I lost my job years ago, and was forced to shut down the website.

On 9/7/2018 at 2:02 AM, Nakhash said:

8 year old thread? try posting on a 10 year old thread?

So I lost my job years ago, and was forced to shut down the website.

I believe I have the last version that was up on Nakhash's website before it went down. Also, web.archive.org allows you to view that website from before it went down. Some useful info is findable that way.

Yikes, I just realized the website is back now (but without a download at present). Since the website asks not to distribute the game outside of the website, I won't post a public link in this thread. If anyone wants to try the last version from just before the website went down, message me.

Also, I don't know if you've fixed these bugs, so I'll mention them.

-Reconfiguring the keyboard controls doesn't work quite right. Not all the custom keybindings work and the game is unplayable as a result if you try to reconfigure the keybindings. Deleting the cfg file brings it back to default.

-Raan's Dagger (best weapon for Rogue in DWR1) is wonky in that selecting a linked Thievery spell doesn't close the selection menu like it does with the Magical Boomerang. I found that equipping the Magical Boomerang, selecting a spell for it, then switching to Raan's Dagger and selecting the same spell, then hitting Cancel to close the menu will usually (but not always!) enable the linked spell on attack AFTER the next fight. It works for several fights and then acts up, removing the effect. I've only found this to work with PayBack and BackStab. It's possible it might work with other Thievery spells but those could cause glitchiness (depending on the spell, it could give a positive status effect to the enemy!). I also noticed the linked spell's damage display is always 255, yet I highly suspect the actual damage is different from variations in how quickly enemies on the last floor of the Dragon Lord's castle go down. It seems missing and to a lesser extent defeating an enemy can cause the linked spell to stop working with Attack. I didn't try using Raan's Dagger linked spell with Mug.

-Snow Ring (DWR1) when equipped doesn't change your ice resistance like the item description says.

Edited by Ryuujin

On 5/19/2019 at 6:06 PM, Ryuujin said:

Nakhash, how are things going with DWR Trilogy re-release?

I posted a detailed post, but now for some reason it's gone.

I'm trying to sink my teef into DWR3, but I can't get into the menu! :W

It’s an up and down menu. I believe I put in arrows.

the original DW menu seemed to box related and couldn’t be added to easily. 

Originally the spells were hard wired to the items. So I used rings. That option isn’t used now. I bring that up because of this one person might or might not have a spell useable due to the equipment. So the menu had to be auto expandable. 

Posted (edited)
On 7/17/2019 at 12:05 AM, RyuKisargi said:

I'm trying to sink my teef into DWR3, but I can't get into the menu! :W

Are you customizing the keyboard configuration? There's a bug in DWRConfig.exe that displays a number when you assign a key to menu, and that winds up making menu impossible to bring up (unless you restore the config to default by deleting \DWRData\DWRCfg.dat).

Edited by Ryuujin

I'll try that, thank you.

On 7/27/2019 at 7:47 PM, Ryuujin said:

Are you customizing the keyboard configuration? There's a bug in DWRConfig.exe that displays a number when you assign a key to menu, and that winds up making menu impossible to bring up (unless you restore the config to default by deleting \DWRData\DWRCfg.dat).

What are the default controls?

18 hours ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

What are the default controls?

They're in a text file in the main game directory. Should be either instructions.txt or readme.txt.