Sign in to follow this  
Michi

Dragon Quest Merchandise [Image Heavy]

I have some neat things coming within the next few weeks. Some pretty cool stuff and some stuff that I don't think can easily be found any more. I'll to put my little collection up once I get everything. Everyone else has cool stuff :D Seems like there is a ton of Smile Slime stuff. The calendar is freakin' sweet!!

Heres something I have now though that I like very much:

Picsothings092.jpg

Yes it is DQ5. Yes it plays on my SNES. Right now it is one of my favorite items in my collection. I'll get pics of everything once it all gets here :)

Edited by HeavyQ

I see the old games all the time at used shops but can't justify getting them myself... D:

Anime cons are how I started collecting, so it might be a good way to start. :) But sometimes they're still rare.

What do you think I've been doing all this time... :P

I have some neat things coming within the next few weeks. Some pretty cool stuff and some stuff that I don't think can easily be found any more. I'll to put my little collection up once I get everything. Everyone else has cool stuff :D Seems like there is a ton of Smile Slime stuff. The calendar is freakin' sweet!!

Heres something I have now though that I like very much:

Picsothings092.jpg

Yes it is DQ5. Yes it plays on my SNES. Right now it is one of my favorite items in my collection. I'll get pics of everything once it all gets here :)

I see the old games all the time at used shops but can't justify getting them myself... D:

That looks like an english repro!! NICE!

... and the label art looks f'n awesome! :)

Edited by ckenda1

That is correct. How'd you know that? o.0

Someone is stealing my thoughts!!

And yes, the label art kicks ass :D

Edited by HeavyQ

Hey,

I finished my master's thesis, so I'm back. I'll get a post up about trading again in a few days and this time I won't have distractions. Just for fun, here's my metal figures and some pins.

2314431875_648102edc2.jpg

Here's my desk area. Note the home-made slimes (with mix and match faces) courtesy of my Mother-in-law and the poster from the Japanese game centers in 2002. It's not all Dragon Quest, just all but 4. Lastly, at least two of the green plastic containers are full of slimes.

1418572070_a58af847a0.jpg

Edited by Iloveslimes

I'm positively ablaze with jealousy.

eBay is usually my only way to get stuff like this, living in the UK and all... it sucks ASS.

I just spent more than an hour unpacking a photographing all of my Dragon Quest plushes. This will be a huge post, but I think everyone will enjoy it. I won most of these plushes from Japanese game centers in 2002. Almost everything else I bought or won when I lived in Japan from 2003-2005.

I apologize for the picture quality. I was in a hurry because this was taking a long time. If you have any questions, ask, but you probably shouldn't quote the whole message.

Here's one of my storage containers.

2573694051_ae8847248f.jpg

All of my stored plushes on the bed.

2574517628_ed73098571.jpg

Here are some of the oldest plushes I own. They're from Dragon Quest V and are 15 years old. I found them at a toy store in Nagoya and bought the whole set for fairly cheap.

2574521868_52327090ea.jpg

A slime backpack and the picture frames.

2574529344_6cd28386e4.jpg

Slime cushions.

2574522590_c348cf8d0a.jpg

Some more cushions and other slimes.

2574520590_efabc7b4a9.jpg

2573708541_e66d0f77c5.jpg

2573701395_8827f17a7c.jpg

2574526102_ba8d855c89.jpg

Hoimi (Healer) Slimes

2574523212_0f1821d297.jpg

A horde of teeny slimes.

2574528574_866eab6a53.jpg

Here's the slime pyramid disassembled.

2573696341_c623ed9de8.jpg

Now some of the non-slimes.

2573707651_99bb23da40.jpg

2573698565_4bcc884698.jpg

2573702159_3df016bcec.jpg

2573696839_d7e5dd3c90.jpg

Here's some more from around the house.

2573705283_58e6715619.jpg

1417691171_64dcb9ccda.jpg

The silver slime that looks like a crystal slime was never sold or in game centers in Japan. I'm pretty sure it's a factory prototype or something. I got it off ebay from someone in Hong Kong or China.

2574599572_d8f3b1bed5.jpg

2573776397_56a8ffb64e.jpg

Lastly, here are the Christmas Slimes. With them are Christmas Taiko drums (from Taiko no Tatsujin). Neither make any sense.

292070087_c73d0cc734.jpg

This should be every Dragon Quest plush I own. It would take a lot more ambition for me to get pictures of everything I have related to Dragon Quest. Let's just say that Japan is a bad place to have your first good job and disposable income.

That. Is a ton of plushies.

One of those photos look familar... especially with the boxslime up there. Posted this at SK before?

Yeah, you have good eyes. A couple of the photos are old, but most I did this afternoon. The Christmas slime picture is from my old apartment, but I didn't feel like digging them out of their boxes. It's not like they changed.

2573776397_56a8ffb64e.jpg

* steals the small dragon quest iii figures and replaces them with a piece of fan art *

I love those little DQIII figures. I played that game so much on the NES. I do have an extra male merchant figure though.

Now you only have the one merchant! It seems someone stole the rest :worried::whoa:.

Wow, that is a nice collection of 4-koma manga you have there as well.

Hey, how are those slime cushions as actual cushions? I've seen some for auction on Yahoo Japan and was wondering if it was worth it...

The cushions I have aren't that good as cushions. The new one from the Smile Slime line looked like it would be better.

The cushions I have aren't that good as cushions. The new one from the Smile Slime line looked like it would be better.

Yes, the old pillows are not very functional. The padding inside is very thin and if they were used, they'd probably flatten pretty fast.

Iloveslimes, I love your collection and note we have a lot of plushies in common and probably about the same number. I store my slimes in the same types of plastic bins, too.

This thread is awesome. I'd really like to get my hands on these, all I've got is a Dragon plush (that some of you also have) as well as a tiny KingSlime Plush that came inside a Slime coin container thing. These were gotten from some Anime Conventions, specically Otakon and Nekocon.

then of course a few games. (as well as the DWM2 poster that came with DWM2 and the KeyChain for pre-ordering DQH:RS)

Michi- I take it you're the Michi the moderator from CosCom, amirite?

If you have no idea what I'm talking about then nevermind, wrong person.

For the people that have ordered series 6 of the dragon quest crystal monster keychains from playasia get there's yet?

Man, they had a giant awesome slime cushion at the SE store last year, but it was very expensive and would've been tough to get home.

I got a couple more small DQ-related things before I left Japan, but no new plushies. :( Someday I will find the final plushies I want for my collection, like the Smile Slime style Healer Slime. They just released a new metal slime line this past weekend too, argh. I'll have to find a way to pick some up.

Michi- I take it you're the Michi the moderator from CosCom, amirite?

If you have no idea what I'm talking about then nevermind, wrong person.

I already confirmed this over there but yes. :)

Here's something else everybody might like to see. I picked up a Dragon Quest themed copy of Figure King magazine in Japan when I was there last. I had to search through back issues in a Mandarake, but it was worth it. The only reason I even knoew about the magazine was because some jerk on ebay was selling it for $35 (I bought it for $4). I just wanted to see the pictures and I now I'll share the pictures with you all.

2634214051_4ddde38839.jpg

Here's the cover.

2635040562_463bdae095.jpg

Page 1. I'm not sure where the slimes from the picture came from, but they were really expensive in Tokyo. Like $40 each minimum for maybe 2.5 inches of old slime figure.

2634219229_dafc6be18d.jpg

You saw these in one of my earlier posts.

2634221809_e25c3a36e8.jpg

I have the kingslime keychain and the slime, slimeknight, and dracky toys.

2635049468_54a994b0f8.jpg

The battle pencils.

2635052648_a0fd0bffc1.jpg

Stationery. I have a few of these.

2634234719_3aa1785b43.jpg

I have the slime pins at the top and the clear pouch. I really want the slime racing game, but I will be fine. It's not like I don't have enough.

2635062498_6d29d9bb23.jpg

The last page of stuff. I have some of the weird character things because I found them on super clearance.

Edited by Iloveslimes

Wow, thx for sharing those pics. How old was this again? Oh man wouldnt I like to get a watabou keychain.