Sign in to follow this  
Michi

Dragon Quest Merchandise [Image Heavy]

It's collection show-off time! Paging Besu to the thread. ;)

I just got home from Japan a couple of days ago, and finally was able to get a picture of all of my slime plushies together. Well, almost. One of my newer slime plushies is a HUGE dark blue slime and we just couldn't take it back with everything else I was bringing. It'll have to wait to come home after my spring semester.

Anyway...

slimecollectionminus1.jpg

I'm currently trying to organize a personal page to list all of them and their prices/info similar to what Besu did with her slime shrine and another friend of mine did with her pokemon toys. I used to just be after plushies, but I now have so many other random items like pencils and cups that I want to organize it for my benefit and for the benefit of other collectors. I know it's sometimes nice just to know what's out there! I'll get up photos of my other stuff later, I'm sure.

Now share yours if you have them! Anything! Action figures, cards, whatever -- I wanna see it!

Nice plushie collection!

This is my stuff, same image that I posted in my introduction thread:

DSC00192.JPG

I'm going to be getting the entire soft vinyl collection over time if I can get a hold of all of them. I also have the blue slime controller incoming from yesasia.

Oh nice, those are the monster figures I see a lot in stores back in Tokyo. And a metal slime controller! I've got the blue one. Once I'm more settled in, I'll be able to get photos of that and other stuff. New photos, anyway! I still haven't taken photos of my Manya and Clift figures from the new DQ4 set.

It's collection show-off time! Paging Besu to the thread. ;)

I just got home from Japan a couple of days ago, and finally was able to get a picture of all of my slime plushies together. Well, almost. One of my newer slime plushies is a HUGE dark blue slime and we just couldn't take it back with everything else I was bringing. It'll have to wait to come home after my spring semester.

Anyway...

slimecollectionminus1.jpg

I'm currently trying to organize a personal page to list all of them and their prices/info similar to what Besu did with her slime shrine and another friend of mine did with her pokemon toys. I used to just be after plushies, but I now have so many other random items like pencils and cups that I want to organize it for my benefit and for the benefit of other collectors. I know it's sometimes nice just to know what's out there! I'll get up photos of my other stuff later, I'm sure.

Now share yours if you have them! Anything! Action figures, cards, whatever -- I wanna see it!

Nice collection Michi.

*bzzt* You rang?

Your collection looks lovely! I love the look of the soft fuzzy slimes - I am guessing those are the Smile Slime version? Whenever you get your collection up online, let me know so I can link to you! I don't have a lot of these recent releases (though I did get the Smile Slime calendar, spoon, and salt and pepper shakers as a Christmas surprise) and it's hard for me to update at all, but by golly I can link!

Feigr, that's the first time I've seen how the vinyl monsters look outside the sales sites. The size actually works pretty well since the new character figures. Oh, to be a kid and stage mock battles, complete with background battle music...

The bubble slime looks hilarious.

Your collection looks lovely! I love the look of the soft fuzzy slimes - I am guessing those are the Smile Slime version? Whenever you get your collection up online, let me know so I can link to you! I don't have a lot of these recent releases (though I did get the Smile Slime calendar, spoon, and salt and pepper shakers as a Christmas surprise) and it's hard for me to update at all, but by golly I can link!

Yeah, the three blue fuzzy ones of different sizes are part of the Smile Slime line. :) I really love the medium one, especially since I have the same shape in three other colors now.

Oh, that's awesome! My friend got me the salt & pepper shakers for my birthday/Christmastime (they're three days apart so it's hard to keep track of what is for what occasion..) and I love them. Haven't used them yet though!

Edited by Michi

Here's a small portion of my collection:

100_0499.JPG

Eek, zenithian, could you please size that down first? I know I said image heavy, but we should still try to post 800x600 or smaller!

Guest Plattym3
Eek, zenithian, could you please size that down first? I know I said image heavy, but we should still try to post 800x600 or smaller!

:wink: Or use the disclaimer "objects shown are larger than life-sized."

Or keep the subjects in focus. :P

I just can't find any dragon quest/warrior toys or plushies near where I live. I can only find the games. Well, I have:

Dragon Warrior 1

Dragon Warrior 2

Dragon Warrior Monsters

Dragon Warrior Monsters 2

and I'm going to get Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker very soon.

Oh, man.. I don't think I could handle a collection of slimes like that. When you're sleeping, they'll be sitting there. STARING AT YOU. WITH UNBLINKING EYES...

*shudder*

Oh, man.. I don't think I could handle a collection of slimes like that. When you're sleeping, they'll be sitting there. STARING AT YOU. WITH UNBLINKING EYES...

*shudder*

You get used to it. :P Besides, the only one I ever slept in view of was my really big one (which I haven't posted a photo of yet) and that was the only time it was a bit disconcerting to look up and see its smiling face. @_@

There's not much I can do to fix the fuzzy...unfortunately we've got a cheap digital camera and haven't upgraded.

Arrived in the post today:

DSC00197.JPG

Both used but in plastic. V is damn near mint.

I guess it's not really merchandise since it's the actual games but whatever. :)

There's not much I can do to fix the fuzzy...unfortunately we've got a cheap digital camera and haven't upgraded.

I was just joking, trying to add to the gripes. Though, if you'd like the tip, auto focus focuses on whatever is in the center crosshairs. It sucks when you have 2 subjects split from the center, but if there was something on the same plane to focus on in the center they'd be in focus. A lot of digital cameras also have a focus lock function. All you have to do is focus in the center of the frame that will be in at your main focal length, press your trigger down halfway or part of the way, realign the shot and take the picture.

I'd really like to keep this to merchandise since we could brag all day long about what games we have, especially Japanese originals... but at least you included photos. :P I saw quite a bit of older DQ games in various game stores in Tokyo, but couldn't justify the purchases. I just got some GBA games instead (Monsters Caravan Heart & Slime Mori Mori).

Here's a list of what I have (merchandise only, per Michi):

2 Dragon Quest Battle Pencil Sets (One from V, the other from IV, 6 pencils total).

2 Dragon Quest fabric panels - one is for Dragon Quest V, and the other has the heroes from I, II, III.

Cards

270+ Dragon Quest Card Game cards

100+ Dragon Quest Trading Card Game cards

About 30 Dragon Quest V cards

Many other miscellaneous DQ cards I'm probably going to be giving out (more on this later).

Dragon Quest Legend Items Gallery

I think I have about 12 of these, from different sets. Off the top of my head, I have:

Demon Axe and Blue Orb

Demon Spear

Zenithian Helm

Zenithian Sword

Papas' Sword

Sword of Ramias

Metal Babble Sword (the DQ8 hero is holding it in the picture above)

Platinum Sword

A few others, too.

Manga

About 10 4Koma I bought off of eBay, mainly for the cover art, but I've found some funny ones worth sharing...

Sofubi Monsters (see Play-Asia)

Dragonlord

Baramos

Necrosaro

Mirudraas

Deathmore

Rhapthorne

The Dragon Quest VIII hero (shown above), plus another in a sealed box.

A complete Dragon Quest V gashapon set (excluding the son and daughter with blue hair and the metallic ones).

A Dragon Quest IV hero, like this one on Besu's page. I have the Zenithian Sword and Shield pictured, too.

Slime (Squeeze)

And 6 Dragon Quest Trading Figures Vol. 1 on the way from Play-Asia.

If you want pictures, I might be able to add some later (maybe in a .zip).

*shudder*

You get used to it. :P Besides, the only one I ever slept in view of was my really big one (which I haven't posted a photo of yet) and that was the only time it was a bit disconcerting to look up and see its smiling face. @_@

When I first started my heavy duty collecting, I kept my largest slimes clustered on the stereo in our bedroom. It could be really freaky at times in low light and you see these large, eerie glowing eyes across the room. At first, I turned them all away when I undressed. O_o I think the Santa Slimes are the creepiest in a way. They make me think of a perverse Santa mannequin in an episode of Are You Being Served? "Ho ho ho, little girl, have I got a surprise for YOU!"

I have very little DQ murchandise >.< I have 6 of teh trading cards. A few games, teh posters from SK and My DS hard cover from SK. And teh postcard and Pink shirt >.> I hope to have a good collection eventually. And I won a Slime Plushie from teh left overs at SK! I got an email today XP

Also I never got my freaking screen whipe from SE, they said they'd send me one since I didn't get it. Stupid lying bastards...

Edited by MadDragon23

I'll post my stuff up tomorrow...

This is my small collection of Dragon quest

sany0133dp2.jpg

Long Life to the King Trode ^^

This is my small collection of Dragon quest

Oh awesome, I have that same hero/Laura figurine from DQ1. :D