Anime Movies

haseeb

Hi didnt know where to post this but this seemed like the most appropriate place to put this.. Does anyone have any good anime movies to recommend to me.

The ones i have watched so far are:

Laputa Castle In the Sky

Grave Of the Fireflies

Spirited Away

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What about Princess Mooneko(spelling escapes me..>.>)?

Only ones out of the one you listed I didn't see was Grave of the Fireflies.

Thanks for replying also Grave of the Fireflies is definitely worth watching its not only one of the saddest anime movies i have ever seen its also the saddes MOVIE (includes all other types of movies) i have ever seen. Its about a child and his sister living in Japan during world war 2. Their mother dies during fire bombing and their aunt is a bi**h.

What about Princess Mooneko(spelling escapes me..>.>)?

Only ones out of the one you listed I didn't see was Grave of the Fireflies.

Thanks for replying also Grave of the Fireflies is definitely worth watching its not only one of the saddest anime movies i have ever seen its also the saddes MOVIE (includes all other types of movies) i have ever seen. Its about a child and his sister living in Japan during world war 2. Their mother dies during fire bombing and their aunt is a bi**h.

Oh wow, That is very interesting. I will have to look out for it, either on Cartoon Network as a special, or the next time I go to rent movies.

Everyone needs to see Grave of the Fireflies at least once. Non anime fans love it too. It is a heart breaking story and film . . . in a good way.

Laputa and Spirited Away are good, but as far as Miyazaki moves go I like Naussicaa: Valley of the Wind and Howls Moving Castle much better. But honestly you can't really go wrong with any of the Studio Ghibli movies.

Also the first two-part Samurai X (Rurouni Kenshin) OVAs are extremely good (avoid the rest like the plague though). Also, if you've seen Death Note I would recommend the live action Death Note movies, as they are much better than the series IMO.

Other than that there are some classics that are definitely must-watches, such as Ghost in the Shell, Akira, My Neighbor Totoro and Read or Die.

Princess Mononoke. If you don't see this movie, I don't know if your objective in life is worth it. I own the DVD and I snuggle with it on Saturday nights all the time.

Since Nausicaa has already came up, and besides a general "Anything by Studio Ghibli" I would recommend Tokyo Godfathers(Which despite the description is a great movie), Urusei Yastsura: Beautiful Dreamer (While it is based on a TV series the movie is good in its own right), any of the Slayers movies (for comedy), Patlabor (though I'm not a big fan of the movie), and The Wings of Honneamise.

Laputa and Spirited Away are good, but as far as Miyazaki moves go I like Naussicaa: Valley of the Wind and Howls Moving Castle much better. But honestly you can't really go wrong with any of the Studio Ghibli movies.

Also the first two-part Samurai X (Rurouni Kenshin) OVAs are extremely good (avoid the rest like the plague though). Also, if you've seen Death Note I would recommend the live action Death Note movies, as they are much better than the series IMO.

Other than that there are some classics that are definitely must-watches, such as Ghost in the Shell, Akira, My Neighbor Totoro and Read or Die.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone also i love Miyazaki, both Laputa and Spirited away are both weird but amazing. Also i will download that princess movie. I forgot to mention i have watched Howls Moving Castle but i didnt watch it all so i will download and finish watching it.

;) Ranma 1/2 Movies are a must see, along with Vampire Hunter D. Also if you are a Bleach Fan get yourself a fansub of the Bleach Movie Melodies of Nobody.

Vampire Hunter D i believe i have heard about it, by the way thanks for the suggestion i will try all of the movies posted it (i have a lot of spare time this weekend and during the christmas break).

Thanks for the suggestions everyone also i love Miyazaki, both Laputa and Spirited away are both weird but amazing. Also i will download that princess movie. I forgot to mention i have watched Howls Moving Castle but i didnt watch it all so i will download and finish watching it.

Nonononononononononononnooooooo. If you want to watch a Miyazaki movie, you have to watch it right. You can't just steal from the God of animation. :evillaugh: You obviously can afford paying for your electricity and internet you can probably just wait a little til you can get a few dollars to rent it, or buy it. (Though buying is expensive, I paid $30 to get the thing new. Stupid pirates drive up prices on these classics.) Plus, the animation will look SOOO much better on a DVD.

;) Not all of us can BUY Anime thank you. *goes to watch his downloaded Bleach Episodes*

Yah with gaming and food after school i cant really afford to buy anime. I have to save up for games (i just bought my psp and am about to buy an extra battery for it + plus a ps3 game) also i usually like to buy something to eat after school (probably once or twice a week) also i dont have a job.

But i understand where you are coming from it feels different buying something.

Nonononononononononononnooooooo. If you want to watch a Miyazaki movie, you have to watch it right. You can't just steal from the God of animation. :evillaugh: You obviously can afford paying for your electricity and internet you can probably just wait a little til you can get a few dollars to rent it, or buy it. (Though buying is expensive, I paid $30 to get the thing new. Stupid pirates drive up prices on these classics.) Plus, the animation will look SOOO much better on a DVD.

I'm going to back up Glarse. You need these movies on your TV. If you don't have the money to buy them you can rent them pretty easily. You will probally find them all at Blockbuster even.

;) Ranma 1/2 Movies are a must see, along with Vampire Hunter D. Also if you are a Bleach Fan get yourself a fansub of the Bleach Movie Melodies of Nobody.

While I love Rumiko-sama's Ranma comic, I never liked the animation very much. The designs were not of my liking.

That's in contrast to other series, like Sailor Moon, where I love both the comic and the toon.

Dragon Quest's Dai and Evangelion are special cases, since production for both media were closely related (even though Eva comic is its own story). Needless to say, I love both versions, as well.

I actually prefer watching movies on my computer. My TV is a bit bigger, but my computer has a much better sound system and whenever there is a boring part in a movie I screw around on the internet while the movie is playing. So even when I actually buy a DVD I usually just end up watching it on my computer anyways, so I would never bother renting a movie when it's so much easier to download it.

Yeah i havent rented a movie in a while, usually we only rent movies when we have guests coming over(with little kids) (my parents rent them).

So does anyone have any good anime movie sites that will give me reviews or something.

I'm going to back up Glarse. You need these movies on your TV. If you don't have the money to buy them you can rent them pretty easily. You will probally find them all at Blockbuster even.

Indeed. Even though I haven't seen Laputa in Blockbuster (Which I'm happy to say I have the 2-disc version) (which is odd) I've seen all of the others in Blockbuster Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away being the most commonly seen. Even though Netflix still reigns.

;) YAY!! Someone else has gone into Old school too!! Might I also recommend the Slayers Movies and Series? If you like Dragon Quest with a bit of Comedy to it, then this is the anime for you. Also, since Cartographer mentioned it, check out Neon Genesis Evangelion but WATCH THE ANIME BEFORE YOU WATCH THE MOVIE.

I'm more a mecha anime:

Macross

Eva

Gundam

Escaflowne

Gunbuster

Tekkaman

Gaogaigar

Archived