Oh, my god! Lol
By the way. Notice a new update of this pach has been released, in the aforementioned web and also in romhacking.net community, that adds some new features that might be of interest.
- Item name "Statue of Evil" in inventory is unified to "Eye of Malroth", how it's mentioned in dialogs,
to avoid confusions.
- Consequently, final boss name Shidor passes to Malroth.
- Interrupted message "Oh, [name], it seems you've died... in battle!", that appeared like "Oh, [name],
it seems you've di... in battle!" fixed, and erased the code that made its first line pass quickly.
- Added double "L" to "Firebal" spell name, that passes to "Fireball".
- Removed unnecessary spaces after spell names in battle, when learning new spells.
- An ENTER code added in the messages that appear after using the field spells Heal and HealMore, to
avoid the name "Samantha" makes text window be overflown.
- Remove unnecessary spaces at the end of some few item names, like Torch, Club, Lithograph.
- Untranslated enemy name Meda (shortened version of Medama, "Eye Ball") changed to Eyeba.
- Enemy name "Kiss Dragon" fixed to "Kith Dragon".
- Typo "mirclae" fixed to "mircale" in "if you hold that statue over your head, it's said a miracle
And also, some people said they became dizzy with the previous demoscening-style splash screen, or it was "obnoxious" (a new word that I've learnt, lol) so I've used this occassion to replace it by a milder one. The previous cracktro is now optional (by pressing select); I think it's beautiful, though, it kind of reminds me to Commodore 64 & Amiga days.
I imagine that, now, there is not any possible spot left on this English fan localization of 2002, that I honestly consider it was a great job; it was a matter of intellectual honesty, for me, to get some few time to port to it the anti-game breaking bug fixes that I had already made for my Spanish translation of DQ1+2 from English to Spanish; so here it is. If someone here is Spanish speaker, by the way, he can also enjoy this in his mother tongue through this link: http://crackowia.gq/dqust1y2.html .