Single Status Update
At the final boss of FF8. Any tips are appreciated.
Now, let me finally finish this game that I absolutely have not given it's deserved credit over the years.
1) Triple , Triple , Triple
2) Aura , Aura , Aura (impacts crisis level, which impacts how often you go into Limit Break Mode)
3) Holy Wars if you have any (24-second invincibility, or the trial which I believe gives 6-second, to the party!...refine...Holy Wars can be created by refining the Gilgamesh Card for 10, or 10 Holy War-Trial's for 1 Holy War). So use them AFTER Triple and Aura are cast on everyone, as that 24-seconds is in real-time.
4) 1st battle: any spell type but holy. So all summons pretty much, except for Alexander. You can try to poison her.
5) 2nd battle: When she summons in Griever, HOLY (super weak to it, 2.5* damage, also Wind 2* damage)
6) 3rd battle: Water (3*) or Thunder (2*), do NOT use Holy or you'll heal her.
7) 4th/final battle: no bonuses, but no healing either. Everything is 100% damage.
Three ways to exceed 9,999 damage cap:
1) Aura and Limit Break abuse, particularly Squall's. Lionheart is insane for overall damage.
2) The GF Eden (you can get her from Ultima Weapon or Tiamat in Ultimecia Castle) can hit a damage cap of 60,000 when fully boosted, and is neutral property.
3) Quistis' Blue Magic, Shockwave Pulsar. Learned from Dark Matter (refine 100 Cursed Spikes with Tool-RF...farm them from the Deep Sea Research center, near the save point inside, you want to fight the Tri-Faces). Aura in effect will boost the damage naturally as SP is affected by the hidden stat "Crisis Level," which determines Limit Break.
Vs Ultimecia, at 4~37 spirit, from levels 1 to 65, the damage output, depending on your hidden Crisis level, will dish out, and I'll assume her Magic stat is at 70 after Junctioning:
Ultimecia Level 1: 8,411 (CL 1) ~ 20,390 (CL 4)
Ultimecia Level 65: 7347 (CL 1) ~ 17,812 (CL 4)
So with Aura on, you'll be dishing out tons of damage with Quistis.
Let's say you have 100 Magic as your stat? Possible to hit Ultimecia at level 65 with 19,482, at Crisis Level 4. So don't worry so much about maximizing her stats, as the spell itself is quite potent on its own.
4) Cactuar at level 100 will always deal 10,000 damage per summon.
5) Not quite possible without a pocketstation...yeah, that was one thing Square did that screwed over a lot of players. The Chocobo summon through completing that mini-game learns an upgraded skill that allows for eh...decent damage (4th battle has 4~37 Spirit from level 1 to 65, and that changes output from 405~3750, and with 1 Spirit, damage goes up to 15,000...yeah, only +3 spirit and the damage drops from 15,000 to 3,750). I thought I'd mention this anyway, since FF8 is being remastered, and no doubt the Chocoboworld system will be implemented without the pocketstation (clearly), so it will be useable. I forget if there is a way to reduce Spirit. I think there is, but I'd have to do further research.
Anytime bro, anytime.
Oh, I forgot one thing. Risky, but you could actually set up for low HP % wise (so maximize your HP value with Junctioning, 9999 being preferable if possible, and it doesn't mean sacrificing core damage stats to lower values).
From there you time your Triple + Aura + Holy War as Critical Level 4 is much easier to achieve naturally with under 30% HP (well, under 50% helps, but under 30% really makes an impact, I think 24% and below is the lowest point where you have the highest chance to shift back to Critical Level 4 after a Limit Break is used...meaning you'll constantly go back into Limit Break mode and any attacks that use Critical Level as a determinant for Skill/Spell power will likely just stay there).
Then just time it with your Holy Wars. Technically Lion Heart if you can pull off over 7k per hit will just dominate every battle (literally move you from one form to the next and about 3~4 of them for the final form, which has a buttload of HP...I forget how much, and I can't find a good wiki with that data for some reason, but I think it's in the 300k range).
I do believe every form switch will reset your Holy Wars, but I'm not sure.
Technically you don't need Holy Wars for Ultimecia (you definitely do for Omega Weapon however), but if that's all you have left to do, and you have any left over, definitely use them. Or if you're not interested in the hardest version of the hardest boss in FF history, and yeah, he makes Ozma seem like a joke without Holy Wars...that's the broken aspect about that item, it's like an easy-mode to super-hard-mode switch. Even Ozma fully powered down, and using Dark absorbing equipment is more threatening than Omega Weapon if you have the right setup and a good portion of Holy Wars to keep your party from being wiped.