Sign in to follow this  
mdmenzel

Grinding for experience in Dragon Warrior III

Just acquired the golden claw and I'm wondering when would be the best time to pick it up from the vault to grind with.  I'm thinking when I can change classes might be the best idea, but I can't remember if changing from one spell caster class to another keeps the learned spells, which would mitigate the need to grind a bit.

While I'm not totally sure where to go at that point of the game, Incan confirm that changing classes retains any spells you learned

Also, confirming that class changing retains your spells. If you're pre-class change (under lvl 20) then I would take the Golden Claw from vault and go to the Cave of Jipang/Zipangu where Metal Slimes are found. Or if you're feeling a little more daring, you can go to the large forest where the Leaf of the World Tree is located. Metal Slimes are more common there but you'll be dodging tougher enemies like Grizzlies, Eliminators, Old Hags at the same time.