Sign in to follow this  
MrMystery

Disk Machine question (On Pro, but probably same for regular)

Hi all,

After beating the post-game for DQMJ3P (with the new final boss), I was looking around for a way to get some of the SS-ranked monsters in a bit less of a tedious manner. According to a few different YouTube videos and Japanese sites (for instance, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps9SRbfSZ9g), I should be able to get disks with SS-ranked monsters as rewards fairly easily. Despite this, even when using the exact same combinations of key words that they are using in the guides and videos (きらめく and 美しい for the monster key words), I'm not getting any monster rewards past rank A. Is there some additional upgrade or something I need to unlock for the disk machine besides just the key words? None of the Japanese sites I've looked at have said anything besides just using these key words, and even someone's Gamefaqs post didn't seem to indicate there was anything else. What am I missing?  

I may be the only one here who played and I swear I never got far with that disc machine. Used it for metal hunting and not much else.

The only thing that comes to my mind right at the moment is how well are you completing the tasks?

The rewards for completing each disk pop up under the name in the menu when you create them though, so that shouldn't be the issue. I've also completed a ton of them at S-rank anyway hunting for the rank A monsters, and no sort of surprise reward or whatever has popped up. In the videos, they didn't need to complete the disks extra times or anything like that to see what they were supposed to get.

So tried with the Joker 3 fan translation. Basically you have a chance at the monster but its not guaranteed that you will get the monster.

Edit: Things that effect your chances are Disk level and how well you did at complete the task.

Edited by ethanej
Info

That is not the issue though; the issue is the type of monster showing up as the reward not matching the videos or online walkthroughs, not the chance at getting the monster. Even when the codes for the disk are exactly the same as what the people in the YouTube videos are using, the monster rewards are of different ranks than what I am trying to get, and why that is the case is what I am trying to determine.

5 minutes ago, MrMystery said:

That is not the issue though; the issue is the type of monster showing up as the reward not matching the videos or online walkthroughs, not the chance at getting the monster. Even when the codes for the disk are exactly the same as what the people in the YouTube videos are using, the monster rewards are of different ranks than what I am trying to get, and why that is the case is what I am trying to determine.

It could very well be that each disk has a list of potential rewards that you can get. What level is the disk you created?

As to follow the video most exactly, all of the disks I have created have been the maximum level; however, changing the level does not appear to affect the rewards from the disk.  I'm guessing though that there's something else in the game I need to do first to get the results I'm looking for, as before I made this post I went through all of the standard trouble-shooting procedures. Looking at the video may help clarify exactly what I'm doing.