Posted (edited)

I’m about 10 hours into this game already have a boss monster but still on the ice world, but I do know the endgame and next areas however not the stories. I hear people talk more about DWM 1 more and I think that’s fine but why not this game? I legit say this game is easily better than the first 3 generations of Pokémon (And I still haven’t played Caravan heart.) this game is simply amazing especially with monsters being easier to get and faster movement speed. With 315 monsters (I think) there’s like 4 pallet swaps that’s it that’s over 50 more monsters than Gold and Silver. Very cool for a DW game which is surprising.

Edited by Reddragon18

I'm 100% unsurprised here. I thought DQM1 was good but 2 surpassed it in almost every way for me. I collected every single monster on it back in the day, filling out the DQ-Dex such that it was back then. Awesome game and the key places were fun to keep grinding for post-game. Having 2 gameboys and 2 copies of the game made breeding across cables easy and rewarding! I hope the fan translators will be able to pull off the 3DS version one day.

Monsters 2 was always my favorite of the Monsters related games. Tara’s Adventure was the one I ended up playing the most back in the day.

• Like 2

It's my to-go game in any questionable situation!

The first two DWM games were severely underrated with the Pokemon hype train running around. DWM2 is absolutely fantastic, but there are a few things in DWM1 that are really cool and are missed in DWM2. I liked the concept of the Traveler's Gates and that the last room of each gate had the gate's boss and the room was thematically tied to whatever game the boss was from (for instance, the green dragon had the princess in the room and the golem was standing in front of a town). I liked the additional traveler's gates hidden all over GreatTree. I also thought it was cooler to play as characters from mainline DQ games... not knocking Cobi or Tara, but getting to play as Terry was a really cool touch and having Milayou (Milly) as your rival was icing on the cake.

• Upvote 2

Absolutely one of my top favourite games. Which makes it all the more puzzling why there aren't more hacks available. There's too many pokemon hacks to count.

You never know. Some people just can't hack it.

I’m playing monsters 1&2 at the same time, ATM I’m doing 1 mostly started 2 before cause I bought it first, rather it arrived for monsters 1.

4 hours ago, jonahstrix said:

Absolutely one of my top favourite games. Which makes it all the more puzzling why there aren't more hacks available. There's too many pokemon hacks to count.

The reason for that is more people put manpower into making the pokemon games editable.

Played both of the 3ds remakes without the fan translation then replayed the first one when the fan translation came out. Did the same thing with Joker 3 and Joker 3 Pro. Even Without being able to understand a single word of Japanese enjoyed playing the 3ds remakes and both versions of Joker 3.

I never did care much for the Monsters games - but then again I've never been big on the whole monster-catching genre. I'd probably have more fun with games like DQM and Pokemon if I had friends to play with.

It's not like I hate them, (I actually have all the ones released in the US somewhere in my storage unit) it's just that these games seem to be all about creating the best possible competitive team to fight other people with, and no one I know plays.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

Was my favorite of the GBC two, many replays. I wished the story was a little longer and had more version differences.

Seemed pointless getting warabou so late, my monsters were vastly superior.

The 3 unobtainable monsters could have been great late game challenges.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, slimeborgi said:

The 3 unobtainable monsters could have been great late game challenges

These guys are all breedable in my hack. You could say the vaguest goal of my hack was to make the game take twice as long. 

Lately I've been strongly considering making a hack to adjust and rebalance the monster stats by rarity. It was always a bit ridiculous how some guys were super difficult to make but had terrible stats.

• Like 1