Sign in to follow this  
hawkeye77o4

New Topics Section of Home Page

Hey Woodus,

Sorry if I missed anything regarding this, in case this was requested by others, but what happened to the New Topics section on the home page?

14 hours ago, hawkeye77o4 said:

Hey Woodus,

Sorry if I missed anything regarding this, in case this was requested by others, but what happened to the New Topics section on the home page?

Removed because of spoilers

• Like 1

Ah! Fair. Thanks!

2 hours ago, hawkeye77o4 said:

Ah! Fair. Thanks!

Yeah, sorry for the short answer was in a hurry. Some spoilerifc info popped up in the short blurb of the a topic that would show on the home page and spoiled some of the ending of XI.

And you beat me too it on the credits shot with Michi in there, I was going to do it last week, but kept forgetting my drive with my recordings  :):thumbsup:

• Like 1

Would it be possible to restore the New Topics section, but make it hide-able?

Perhaps there could be some sort of "Topic contains spoilers" tickbox when creating a new topic that could be used to hide the first post of the topic in the New Topics section?

I turned the topic feed back on, but left the posts one off, looks like the topics one only puts the item title and not part of the post, so maybe that will work. I have it showing the last 8 that were recently updated.

Let me know how that works out.

It was the posts one that the one guy complained about. You would have thought he wouldn’t read the newest posts from a topic labeled “True Ending Discussions, Massive Spoilers,” but whatever.

9 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

It was the posts one that the one guy complained about. You would have thought he wouldn’t read the newest posts from a topic labeled “True Ending Discussions, Massive Spoilers,” but whatever.

Yeah, but sometimes the title isn't the first part you see. (Theoretically it should be, but it doesn't always work out that way).

On 12/13/2018 at 8:01 PM, Woodus said:

I turned the topic feed back on, but left the posts one off, looks like the topics one only puts the item title and not part of the post, so maybe that will work. I have it showing the last 8 that were recently updated.

Let me know how that works out.

It works fine, thank you.

15 hours ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

Yeah, but sometimes the title isn't the first part you see. (Theoretically it should be, but it doesn't always work out that way).

True, as far as it goes, but it's not actually seeing that's the main point -- it's reading, which takes time and effort in a way that simply looking at something doesn't. If the guy were actually that keyed-in to avoiding spoilers, he should have been more circumspect, and he should have at least known better than to hop onto a Dragon Quest forum and start reading whatever happened to be in front of him. I haven't played XI yet and I can avoid spoilers well enough.

On 12/13/2018 at 11:44 AM, Woodus said:

Yeah, sorry for the short answer was in a hurry. Some spoilerifc info popped up in the short blurb of the a topic that would show on the home page and spoiled some of the ending of XI.

And you beat me too it on the credits shot with Michi in there, I was going to do it last week, but kept forgetting my drive with my recordings  :):thumbsup:

Hey! Don't let me stop ya! She deserves all the praise :overjoyed2:

What was cool is that I literally met her the night before at an IGN Event in downtown LA and she told me whereabouts her name was.

I bought some DQ Merch from her a couple years ago. Michi's pretty cool.