Sign in to follow this  
Woodus

Dragon Quest Builders 2 Demo

Almost 90 minutes of play that I recorded downloading the Switch version of Builders 2

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

What were your impressions?

I didn't play the demo my "translation station" so I really have no clue what is going on with the story, but it seems intriguing from watching it.

The water effects are pretty cool now that water can flow and spread. Not sure if it was the demo, new feature, or early story feature, but my weapons never degraded. There were only slimes on the island in the demo so not much battling.

I did a little swimming, and dying swimming ;), didn't get into the flying at all because I couldn't craft what is needed. Lots of blocks I couldn't break with the equipment I had, couldn't activate any of the portals. 

Cooking isn't instant now, that is a bit different, you have to wait for items to cook, so I made 3 campfires so I could cook 3 things at a time. ;)

After playing it, I will probably import one of the versions and play thru a bunch of it :thumbsup: Hell, since we don't have a release date it could be a year away still for us, really wish they would get off their asses and do a worldwide release for once.

I think so far it takes what was good with the first game and expands on it, can't wait to play more of it.

• Like 1