Sign in to follow this  
Dwaine

8bitdo Controllers

Has anyone ever bought an 8bitdo controller?

For some time now I've wanted to get the SN30 SNES style controller for my emulators and such. (The Super NES controller is my all time favorite.) Now they work for Switch and I want something with a comfortably placed d-pad for Megaman Anniversary and 11.

One of the negatives I've heard about 8bitdo have been some issues with diagonal on the d-pad. I can't tell if the reviewers are being too nitpicky. One review said to unscrew the controller and put notebook paper reinforcements on the button inputs on the board.

They're supposed to be the best, but if I'm going to drop $40 on one, I want to know if I'm getting quality.

Edited by Dwaine

I spent like $3 on an app to map keys to my PS4 controller for emulators and Steam games and such. Worth it 100%, I've played like 150 hours on it, so really worth it.

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

I spent like $3 on an app to map keys to my PS4 controller for emulators and Steam games and such. Worth it 100%, I've played like 150 hours on it, so really worth it.

Uh... Steam does that on it's own for free.

Uh... Steam does that on it's own for free.
I like remapping easily and the games that don't support controllers work beautifully. Anyway, I didn't buy it for Steam, that was a bonus. Any old emulator and Pokemon Uranium and such work BEAUTIFULLY!

WORTH

EVERY

PENNY

3 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I like remapping easily and the games that don't support controllers work beautifully. Anyway, I didn't buy it for Steam, that was a bonus. Any old emulator and Pokemon Uranium and such work BEAUTIFULLY!

WORTH

EVERY

PENNY

Steam remaps controllers really easily and it works. Even for games without controller support. You can remap any XBox 360 Controller, XBox One Controller, DualShock 4, Switch Pro Controller, or Steam Controller in Steam. Steam will allow you to map any controller button to any controller button or mouse/keyboard button. It even allows for other functions such as media keys. It makes for cheap and easy media remotes for YouTube, Netflix, or whatever.

• Like 1

Interesting. Didn't know that. Then again, I've played all of 2 Steam games ever and only because RPGamer asked me to. 3DS DQ emulation is where it's at.

Most of my Steam Library isn't games from Steam. Most of them are just shortcuts to emulators. Once each shortcut is set up, I don't have to use the emulator interface at all, just launch the game from Steam.

• Like 1

Most of my Steam Library isn't games from Steam. Most of them are just shortcuts to emulators. Once each shortcut is set up, I don't have to use the emulator interface at all, just launch the game from Steam.
Another trick I've never heard of.

I've actually been thinking about making a YouTube video about how to set up emulators for such use. Would you be interested, @Plattym3?

I've actually been thinking about making a YouTube video about how to set up emulators for such use. Would you be interested, [mention=6859]Plattym3[/mention]?
As I've said here multiple times, I rarely view YouTube except for:
1. To fix something in my house/car
2. Music

This sounds close enough to qualify near #1. I'd give you a view!

4 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

That's cool, but like I said, the SNES is my favorite controller ever. Never been a fan of the handles on post 16 bit era controllers and I've never liked the Playstation's d-pad. The Switch's pro controller is better than the assembled joycons, but for Megaman Anniversary Collection and 11, I want something with a more comfortable d-pad. So if anyone has had first hand experience with one of their controllers, specifically the SN30 Pro, give me the scoop.

• Like 1

I forget what brand of controllers I have for my RetroPi, but they're SNES styled with a USB connector and they work really well. I'll check for you when I get home. Good excuse to setup the RetroPi again, too.

• Like 1