Sign in to follow this  
Matt00014

Setting up the Joker 3 English Patch (ATTN Plattym3)

Hey all, I'm having trouble setting up the English Patch. I did all the "pre-work" of installing Luma, etc., and am now going through the instructions on https://gbatemp.net/threads/translation-dragon-quest-monsters-joker-3.492313/

I've done everything successfully up to the instructions to "Run the HackingToolkit9DS.exe", but I'm not exactly sure how to do that. I'm on a MacBook Pro; I've downloaded the v9 of Hackingtool like the instructions tell me to, but I'm a bit lost on what to do next. Can anyone help me out? Thank you!

Edited by Matt00014

You will need either a computer with Windows on it, boot camp, or vm. Not sure if Wine would work with the program or not.

Yeah, that's a Windows executable. You'll need to use a Windows computer to do that. You can install Windows on modern Mac computers, but based on the fact that you didn't recognize it's a Windows executable, it'd probably be easier for you to just do it on a friend or family member's computer.

Sorry I just saw this, Matt!

Yeah, I did this all on a PC. Found the ROM online prepatched and used Citra with zero issues. Are you trying to play on your Mac or eventually on a modded 3DS?

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Found the ROM online prepatched 

You nasty, dirty, little pirate, you!

You nasty, dirty, little pirate, you!
What Squeenix & Nintendon't, fans do.