Sign in to follow this  
JaybirdC

Items of Interest

This is meant to be in the same vein as the What's New with You thread, but skewed to the world around you. Basically, post about neat stuff you run into but don't feel like using the status-update bulletin board for.

For example, I just happened upon an item about how a 4Chan poster helped solve a 25-year-old math problem with a proof offered when he analyzed how many episodes you'd have to watch to see every possible order of episodes for the Haruhi Suzumiya anime.

As soon as you get the hiccups, swallow a spoonful of peanut butter. That’ll take care of the hiccups 95% of the time.

14 hours ago, eal said:

As soon as you get the hiccups, swallow a spoonful of peanut butter. That’ll take care of the hiccups 95% of the time.

I've always handled them by drinking a cup of water and then holding my breath for twenty seconds to reset my diaphragm. It works well after a bit of effort calming your breathing.

So the Detective Pikachu trailer dropped two days ago.

I do hope that line about magic and hope is parody, because giving away such a cheesy theme disappoints me.

Edited by JaybirdC

Okay, so And Yet the Town Moves is my favorite manga and apparently the author’s newest manga is getting a physical release here next year. That’s great and all, and I’m gonna buy it and stuff, but when we getting Soremachi?

A blog I took note of recently has a weekly Friday collection of items of interest that I occasionally dip into. (The rest of his time he offers political commentary).

Of note from last week:

* A real-time reconstruction of time-lapse photography from NASA's ISS..

* Can the Flu Vaccine give you the Flu?

* The Manhoff Archives, a forgotten collection of photos and video of the Stalinist USSR.

* Ornate Bookshelf Inserts by Monde.

* Handmade Paper Toys by Haruki Nakamura.

That's why I like being on the RPGamer.com staff. We're all competent gamers (well, present company excluded) and before any game gets reviewed, you've got to roll credits, which in and of itself requires basic gaming skill to win!
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JaybirdC said:

If you ever wanted to hear an anime girl scolding you relentlessly, have I got the solution for you: http://www.darkmirage.com/2007/01/02/the-perfect-cd-for-your-masochistic-self/

My favorite are the VR apps with the anime girls like Rem from Re:Zero. They made an app where Asuna from Sword Art Online acts as an alarm clock.

1 hour ago, eal said:

My favorite are the VR apps with the anime girls like Rem from Re:Zero. They made an app where Asuna from Sword Art Online acts as an alarm clock.

They have apps like that? That alone is scarier than any horror movie.

5 hours ago, eal said:

tenor.gif

Found out today that the voice of Yukiko in Persona 4 has a YouTube channel dedicated to weed:

Nature, being cool:

An educational manga about the middle east. Main Character: Afghanis-tan.

Edited by JaybirdC

2 hours ago, JaybirdC said:

There’s a manga about a Japanese student with a Muslim roommate that came out not too long ago.

Read that. Her boyfriend is named Stan, and guess what nationality he is? Yup, Afghani.

Kevin Hart left the Oscars after being accused of being too offensive, so now the committee is scrambling to find someone as a replacement. Since nobody's volunteering to stand up in front of the social media mob, they're considering going hostless this year.

Here’s Morgana reviewing a Cool Cat movie: