Sign in to follow this  
Marrowfrost

A Giant Dump of DQ Fanfictions

I decided to start writing a Dragon Quest V story. Yeah, I haven't been on the den as much...life is to blame for that. So anyways, here's a summary and a draft of what I have so far. Any thoughts/tips for it?

Summary:

Two strangers in a strange land. They come across a broken, beaten village. The two of them decide to explore it and see what had happened. What happens next will change the entire future ahead. (Rated T for violence and some swearing)

Spoiler

~~Prologue~~
~Strangers~

I wearily forced my eyes to open, after a wincing pain had woken me up. My head was aching, and I don't feel like getting up. But the cold, dirty ground felt uncomfortable to lay down on. ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE ON YOUR STOMACH. Turning my head to look around, I could see a young man with wild dark auburn hair. He was wearing a dark red sweatshirt and blue jeans as well. Oh Bright Scar. That's Silverfire! Forcing myself to get up, I shook him as hard as I could. Please be alive and not dead. PLEASE.

"Silverfire! Wake up!" I cried, shaking him harder. He groaned a little, bringing his hand up to his face. "Silverfire!" He opened his eyes, squinting them at me. "Oh thank Bright Scar you're okay! Where are we?"

He rubbed the back of his head with his hand. "I have no clue. How do you expect me to know after I just woke up?" Silverfire grunted. You aren't helping at all, though. Even if you're right. He sat up, stretching his arms. "I don't know what happened, but all I care about is getting home. And sleep. And maybe food, if I'm lucky." Silverfire yawned, almost smacking me in the face with his hand due to his excessive stretching. "Oops. Sorry, Violet."

I sighed. "It's okay. What I'm worried about is more of why we're in the middle of nowhere. But wherever we are, I'm sure it isn't that safe." Reaching for my bag, I took out a few food items; one banana, one apple and a small bag of almonds, cashews and peanuts. What? I like those foods, especially the cashews. "Hungry?" Silverfire nodded aggressively.

"Very!" He exclaimed before snatching up the apple. Silverfire began gnawing on it, most likely trying to find a softer spot for him to bite off of. You see, his teeth are really sensitive so he has to do that, just so it doesn't hurt too much. And he doesn't like bananas or nuts, so...he makes things really difficult. Silverfire spat out a part of the apple. "Bleh! That was disgusting!" Food waster. But that's not a main concern right now. Just where are we anyways? Taking a bite out of the banana, I shook my head. Silverfire is more focused on the food, isn't he? "We should find a town or a village or something and ask for directions. Maybe they can tell us where we are."

Finishing up my banana, I nodded. "Hmm...that's a good idea. If villages even exist in this world. But good idea regardless. Why don't you lead the way, Silvy?" Silvy is my nickname for him, and he likes it a lot. But only I'm allowed to call him that, just a warning. Silverfire smiled and got up, still yawning a little. "I'm tired too, Silverfire. I hope that we can find somewhere to sleep soon."

Silverfire chuckled. "Well, I'm fine as long as I'm with you, Vivi!" Grinning, I stood up and rested my head on his shoulder. He's so sweet to me, even in this situation. With anyone else, they'd be yelling at me for hours on end! Especially if it was Holly or Jayson, maybe even Ivy if I wanna go that far. But I mean, they're my friends, they're just all very stubborn. Except Ivy. She's cool. "Hmm? What's wrong?"

"N-Nothing, I'm just wondering where our friends are..." I murmured softly, nuzzling Silverfire's sweatshirt. "Jayson, Ivy, Holly, Tristan...all of them. And do you think our siblings are okay? Are they worried about us? Do they even know where we are or if we're gone?"

He gently rustled my hair. "You worry too much, Violet. I'm sure your sister is okay, and I'm sure they've noticed." Looking up at him, I could tell he was serious by the glimmer in his silver eyes. "And yes, I'm sure my siblings are worried too. Well, only Stargaze and Hazel. My half-siblings couldn't give two hoots about what happens to me." Poor Silverfire...I wish that he never had to deal with that. By the way he talks about his family, I'm worried about how he's doing. I sure hope he's okay.

~~~

So that's what I have so far...yep, I put my OCs in it. That's what I do for most of my stories at any rate, and Dragon Quest is no exception. I'm mainly doing this because I want to get my DQ touch back, since I've been active in the Warriors, Wings of Fire and Miitopia fandoms FAR more than this one, I wanted to contribute something to Dragon Quest.

Edited by Dark Ember
Same as below.
  • Like 1

Okay, so far I have about 1071 words for the prologue, which is waaaaaaay to many for a prologue, but I'm actually planning the plot out for this story, so...whatever. Here's what I got so far:

Spoiler

~~~

~~Prologue~~
~Strangers~
Violet POV

I wearily forced my eyes to open, after a wincing pain had woken me up. My head was aching, and I don't feel like getting up. But the cold, dirty ground felt uncomfortable to lay down on. ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE ON YOUR STOMACH. Turning my head to look around, I could see a young man with wild dark auburn hair. He was wearing a dark red sweatshirt and blue jeans as well. Oh, Bright Scar. That's Silverfire! Forcing myself to get up, I shook him as hard as I could. Please be alive and not dead. PLEASE.

"Silverfire! Wake up!" I cried, shaking him harder. He groaned a little, bringing his hand up to his face. "Silverfire!" He opened his eyes, squinting them at me. "Oh thank Bright Scar you're okay! Where are we?"

He rubbed the back of his head with his hand. "I have no clue. How do you expect me to know after I just woke up?" Silverfire grunted. You aren't helping at all, though. Even if you're right. He sat up, stretching his arms. "I don't know what happened, but all I care about is getting home. And sleep. And maybe food, if I'm lucky." Silverfire yawned, almost smacking me in the face with his hand due to his excessive stretching. "Oops. Sorry, Violet."

I sighed. "It's okay. What I'm worried about is more of why we're in the middle of nowhere. But wherever we are, I'm sure it isn't that safe." Reaching for my bag, I took out a few food items; one banana, one apple and a small bag of almonds, cashews, and peanuts. What? I like those foods, especially the cashews. "Hungry?" Silverfire nodded aggressively.

"Very!" He exclaimed before snatching up the apple. Silverfire began gnawing on it, most likely trying to find a softer spot for him to bite off of. You see, his teeth are really sensitive so he has to do that, just so it doesn't hurt too much. And he doesn't like bananas or nuts, so...he makes things really difficult. Silverfire spat out a part of the apple. "Bleh! That was disgusting!" Food waster. But that's not the main concern right now. Just where are we anyway? Taking a bite out of the banana, I shook my head. Silverfire is more focused on the food, isn't he? "We should find a town or a village or something and ask for directions. Maybe they can tell us where we are."

Finishing up my banana, I nodded. "Hmm...that's a good idea. If villages even exist in this world. But good idea regardless. Why don't you lead the way, Silvy?" Silvy is my nickname for him, and he likes it a lot. But only I'm allowed to call him that, just a warning. Silverfire smiled and got up, still yawning a little. "I'm tired too, Silverfire. I hope that we can find somewhere to sleep soon."

Silverfire chuckled. "Well, I'm fine as long as I'm with you, Vivi!" Grinning, I stood up and rested my head on his shoulder. He's so sweet to me, even in this situation. With anyone else, they'd be yelling at me for hours on end! Especially if it was Holly or Jayson, maybe even Ivy if I wanna go that far. But I mean, they're my friends, they're just all very stubborn. Except for Ivy. She's cool. "Hmm? What's wrong?"

"N-Nothing, I'm just wondering where our friends are..." I murmured softly, nuzzling Silverfire's sweatshirt. "Jayson, Ivy, Holly, Tristan...all of them. And do you think our siblings are okay? Are they worried about us? Do they even know where we are or if we're gone?"

He gently rustled my hair. "You worry too much, Violet. I'm sure your sister is okay, and I'm sure they've noticed." Looking up at him, I could tell he was serious by the glimmer in his silver eyes. "And yes, I'm sure my siblings are worried too. Well, only Stargaze and Hazel. My half-siblings couldn't give two hoots about what happens to me." Poor Silverfire...I wish that he never had to deal with that. By the way he talks about his family, I'm worried about how he's doing. I sure hope he's okay. Silverfire wrapped his arm around me. "Look, I know how you are. Don't worry about me; I'll be fine. The worst that could happen is that Stargaze and Hazel start hating me too! And let's be honest here- neither of them actually do. Sure, Stargaze may be his stubborn, aggressive self, but he loves me! And Hazel's extremely bubbly and energetic side couldn't ever hate me." How does this guy stay so positive? Oh well. At least he isn't too upset right now.

"Well, you know I'll never hate you." I sighed, chuckling a little. Blinking slowly, I stared off into the distance as the sun's rays blinded my sight, even if it was momentary. "Let's go see if we can find a village, okay?" Silverfire smiled.

"Okay." He answered, his silver eyes gleaming in the sunlight. "Let's go!"

~~~~

"Huh? Oh! Violet, I found a village! But it's really..." Silverfire exclaimed, flailing his fists wildly. Well. At least he found SOMEWHERE to rest. As long as it's suitable, I don't care. "...I don't know how to describe it, though. You should just see it for yourself." Ugh, fine. He grabbed me by the hand and took off for what I guessed was the village. Once we stopped, I could see a broken down, beat up village that was almost completely torn down or in flames. Oh Bright Scar, what happened? Whoever did this was sick. I doubt the people living here even stood a chance at fighting back if they were attacked...oh Bright Scar. I think I'm going to throw up. Silverfire turned towards me. "Are you okay Violet?"

I nodded weakly. "Y-Yeah, I think so. Let's see if someone is in the village, just in case. I don't want this all to be for nothing." Silverfire's eyes gleamed with doubt, but he didn't say anything. Hmph! Well we'll see that he's wrong, because I doubt no one wouldn't come to this village after seeing it like this! Maybe a survivor is here? Or someone who's trying to rebuild the town? Or is the person who did it here? Either way, SOMEONE has to be here. Who would miss a village in the middle of nowhere that's completely beaten down?

~~~

And that's what I have so far, and this is only half of what I planned for the prologue...I'm not the best at this, since my chapters would've been 1500-2000 words each, but I guess I'll just up it to 2000-3000 words per chapter for now. I've also been working on a crossover fanfiction for Dragon Quest 6 and Warriors, and maaaaaaaaybe it has elements of Miitopia in it too...anyways, what I decided to call it is: Sovereign Spirits: An Untold Tale. I've finished the prologue and I'm currently working on chapter one, which is good. I plan to publish it on Ao3, Wattpad and FFN once it's completely finished. This one isn't planned at all, so we'll see how this one goes. Here's the prologue:

Spoiler

~Violetshine POV~

Violetshine yawned. Why does the vigil have to be so long?! She shook her head. There was no point in complaining. She was a warrior of SkyClan, for StarClan's sake. Warriors don't complain. I can't complain either, now that I'm a warrior just like my ancestors... Were her ancestors watching over her? Sure, it seemed nice but the thought seemed far away from the reality of, well, life. My ancestors didn't seem to care all that much when I was suffering in the paws of ShadowClan or Darktail. So why would they bother to watch over me now? Sighing, Violetshine glanced at the Warriors den, where the soft snoring could be heard from across the camp. Why do they have to snore so loudly? Or is it just because it's so quiet? It had to be because it was so quiet. Violetshine didn't want to accuse her fellow warriors of being too loud first thing in the morning.

Violetshine...can you hear me...? A soft whisper-like voice mewed. Who's that? Please...my home needs your help... Why should I care? It's not SkyClan. But which Clan- I'm not from any Clan...I'm not from StarClan or the Place of No Stars...I'm neither a loner, rogue or kittypet...but a spirit who's begging for your help...please...

The SkyClan warrior's shoulder fur bristled. "...Why should I help you...?" She hissed softly, glaring at the open sky above her. Where are you really? You aren't any StarClan warrior for sure. Or a Dark Forest warrior either. Who are you and what do you want from me? "...And are you sure you want me...?"

I'm sure. Please, Violetshine...no one else could do except one other...and there's barely any time left before everything falls out of balance in my world. It whispered hollowly. Balance? World? What's this spirit meowing on about? All I can tell is that they need help, and fast. Either take this chance now and come willingly or I'll have to force you to come with.

Violetshine blinked slowly. Could I leave SkyClan just to fulfill some prophecy this stranger's meowing on about? I just received my warrior name, and everything's supposed to fall into its place after this. "I can't. I'm sorry, whatever your name is, but I can't. I'm finally a proper warrior of my Clan, hopefully one they can be proud of. I can't just leave them so suddenly." Like Twigpaw. She didn't dare say her littermate's name. This spirit doesn't need to know about my problems with Twigpaw.

I was afraid you'd say this. It sighed. With a flash, a ghostly spirit of some creature came forth from the skies, stormy gusts of wind buffeting her in the face. Wah! What's happening?  Violetshine, you're coming with me to my world. With the blink of an eye, a bright flash entered into Violetshine's vision, temporarily blinding her. W-What?! Whether you like it or not. Violetshine's head began to hurt, her sight blurry. Dizzy, or am I...? Sorry, but sacrifices must be made...

~Twigpaw POV~

Twigpaw sighed. She was now back in ThunderClan, alongside the friends she'd grown up with her entire life. Everything was going to go great from now on. Right? That's what Twigpaw had been telling herself over and over since her first day back. But I'm lying to myself, aren't I? Why does it feel like I can't prove myself here? I grew up in ThunderClan. I should be overjoyed about this. But I'm not. What's wrong with me? Shifting uncomfortably in her nest, Twigpaw looked down at her paws. I wish I could feel like I belonged.

So you feel like you don't belong, eh Twigpaw? A voice whispered inside her head. I think I can help you out on that front. I must be really tired. Twigpaw decided at once. There's no way that voice was real. Oh, but I am Twigpaw. I'm so very real, yet you don't believe because you can't see me. How sad, and here I thought you were smart unlike these filthy Clan-cats. It hissed once more. Twigpaw felt her claws slide out of her paws. How dare this cat call the Clans filthy? They were far more sophisticated than loners or rogues! Hah hah, very funny. You have a good sense of humor, don't you Twigpaw?

Twigpaw unsheathed her claws. Who are you and what do you want from me? She hissed internally, growling to herself. Are you a StarClan cat? A Dark Forest warrior? A wandering spirit? Who are you really? The voice inside her head chuckled breezily. She tensed up at once. What does that mean?

The voice laughed. Oh Twigpaw, you are hilarious, I'll give you that. Just call me Xen. I'm a spirit, yes, but am I in StarClan or the Dark Forest? Most certainly not, I'm far too dignified for that. Twigpaw stifled a purr. This 'Xen' seemed alright. For now. Anyways, I overheard you complaining about not fitting in over in ThunderClan and SkyClan. But you're back in ThunderClan, and you seemed upset. So I decided to drop by and ask what was wrong.

Erm...what? Why would you even care? Twigpaw asked, her tilting her head. And besides...'complaining' isn't the word I'd use... The voice purred a little, its purr a little rusty. A-Are you okay? Your voice sounds like you're sick...

Oh, don't worry about me... Xen rasped, their cough turning into a rusty laugh. It's not like I'm dying, for StarClan's sake! I'm already dead. But no- Not in StarClan or anything like that! Just...a spirit, I guess. Anyways, what is that's gotten you down? Twigpaw held her breath in. She was talking to a dead cat who wasn't even in StarClan or in the Dark Forest. And Xen, so it happens is 'just a spirit'. Wouldn't that mean that mean that Xen's a wandering spirit like the ones Tree sees? Twigpaw sighed. She shouldn't be talking to Xen anyways, or even be up this late.

Twigpaw stared at her paws. I don't feel like I belong here in ThunderClan, or in SkyClan... She reminded Xen, a prick of annoyance poking at her chest. I don't feel like I belong anywhere, really...

Xen sympathetically murmured softly. I understand how you must feel. Like no one gets you at all...don't worry. You'll pull through, I'm sure. Sure, there's a couple of bumps in the road, but that's life. I'll be with you the entire time, if that's okay with you. Really? O-Okay then. stammered Twigpaw, her head reeling. Just...let me sleep for now, okay? We can talk in the morning.

Alrighty then. Have a good night's kip, Twigpaw. Xen purred softly before their voice faded away from her mind. Twigpaw wrapped her tail around her leg and rested her head on her paws. She gently sighed, closing her eyes. Maybe this 'Xen' character is okay. Maybe they can help me out here in ThunderClan...I hope Xen can be trusted.

That's the finished prologue, and I'm quite proud of it. Started chapter one a while ago, but I'm probably not going to work on it for a bit in favor of the Dragon Quest V fanfic above.

Edited by Dark Ember
Put story text into spoilers to have less of an eyesore.

Okay, I've gotten more done for the DQ V fanfic. The name I'm currently going with is Press On, but it sounds really...bland. Any suggestions? Anyways, here's the next part:

Spoiler

~~Prologue~~
~Strangers~
Violet POV

I wearily forced my eyes to open, after a wincing pain had woken me up. My head was aching, and I don't feel like getting up. But the cold, dirty ground felt uncomfortable to lay down on. ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE ON YOUR STOMACH. Turning my head to look around, I could see a young man with wild dark auburn hair. He was wearing a dark red sweatshirt and blue jeans as well. Oh, Bright Scar. That's Silverfire! Forcing myself to get up, I shook him as hard as I could. Please be alive and not dead. PLEASE.

I sighed. "It's okay. What I'm worried about is more of why we're in the middle of nowhere. But wherever we are, I'm sure it isn't that safe." Reaching for my bag, I took out a few food items; one banana, one apple and a small bag of almonds, cashews, and peanuts. What? I like those foods, especially the cashews. "Hungry?" Silverfire nodded aggressively.

"Very!" He exclaimed before snatching up the apple. Silverfire began gnawing on it, most likely trying to find a softer spot for him to bite off of. You see, his teeth are really sensitive so he has to do that, just so it doesn't hurt too much. And he doesn't like bananas or nuts, so...he makes things really difficult. Silverfire spat out a part of the apple. "Bleh! That was disgusting!" Food waster. But that's not the main concern right now. Just where are we anyway? Taking a bite out of the banana, I shook my head. Silverfire is more focused on the food, isn't he? "We should find a town or a village or something and ask for directions. Maybe they can tell us where we are."

Silverfire chuckled. "Well, I'm fine as long as I'm with you, Vivi!" Grinning, I stood up and rested my head on his shoulder. He's so sweet to me, even in this situation. With anyone else, they'd be yelling at me for hours on end! Especially if it was Holly or Jayson, maybe even Ivy if I wanna go that far. But I mean, they're my friends, they're just all very stubborn. Except for Ivy. She's cool. "Hmm? What's wrong?"

He gently rustled my hair. "You worry too much, Violet. I'm sure your sister is okay, and I'm sure they've noticed." Looking up at him, I could tell he was serious by the glimmer in his silver eyes. "And yes, I'm sure my siblings are worried too. Well, only Stargaze and Hazel. My half-siblings couldn't give two hoots about what happens to me." Poor Silverfire...I wish that he never had to deal with that. By the way he talks about his family, I'm worried about how he's doing. I sure hope he's okay. Silverfire wrapped his arm around me. "Look, I know how you are. Don't worry about me; I'll be fine. The worst that could happen is that Stargaze and Hazel start hating me too! And let's be honest here- neither of them actually do. Sure, Stargaze may be his stubborn, aggressive self, but he loves me! And Hazel's extremely bubbly and energetic side couldn't ever hate me." How does this guy stay so positive? Oh well. At least he isn't too upset right now.

"Well, you know I'll never hate you." I sighed, chuckling a little. Blinking slowly, I stared off into the distance as the sun's rays blinded my sight, even if it was momentary. "Let's go see if we can find a village, okay?" Silverfire smiled.

"Okay." He answered, his silver eyes gleaming in the sunlight. "Let's go!"

~~~~

"Huh? Oh! Violet, I found a village! But it's really..." Silverfire exclaimed, flailing his fists wildly. Well. At least he found SOMEWHERE to rest. As long as it's suitable, I don't care. "...I don't know how to describe it, though. You should just see it for yourself." Ugh, fine. He grabbed me by the hand and took off for what I guessed was the village. Once we stopped, I could see a broken down, beat up village that was almost completely torn down or in flames. Oh Bright Scar, what happened? Whoever did this was sick. I doubt the people living here even stood a chance at fighting back if they were attacked...oh Bright Scar. I think I'm going to throw up. Silverfire turned towards me. "Are you okay Violet?"

I nodded weakly. "Y-Yeah, I think so. Let's see if someone is in the village, just in case. I don't want this all to be for nothing." Silverfire's eyes gleamed with doubt, but he didn't say anything. Hmph! Well we'll see that he's wrong, because I doubt no one wouldn't come to this village after seeing it like this! Maybe a survivor is here? Or someone who's trying to rebuild the town? Or is the person who did it here? Either way, SOMEONE has to be here. Who would miss a village in the middle of nowhere that's completely beaten down? He protectively grabbed my hand as he ran straight in the entrance. Oh, why does he have to be so sweet and stupid at the same time? And so brave? Gah, why am I gushing over him right now? There's a time and place for this, you idiot! We stopped immediately once we reached the bridge in the small wrecked village. The wooden bridge was barely stable, and looked like it was about to fall into the river below at any minute. Rather carefully, me and Silverfire walked off of the bridge without too much trouble. There was a man wearing purple robes on the other side, staring at one of the flaming houses. Who is he? And what's he doing here? Right beside him were these three weird...monsters, I guess. One was a golden dragon-like monster, one that looked like Hazel's pet dragon, Koji. Except Koji is white with silver and blue dipped scales. That's worth mentioning too. Another one was like a feline creature, with bluish-gray stripes running down its white fur, it's well groomed coat glimmering in the morning light. The last one was a small knight on some kind of...green blob? Well whatever it is, it's freaking me out.

Put it in a spoiler so the block of text doesn't kill your eyes. I'm going to do the same with the others in a minute. On another note, I'm dropping some heavy SilverViolet vibes here...hopefully that's enough to show one of the main pairings in this fic. (My lovely OC pairing and I have no hecking clue what to do for the Main Hero of 5...eh, I'm playing the game right now, I'll figure out eventually.)

EDIT: I did it now.

Edited by Marrowfrost

Alright, here's some more DQ content: My DQ7 AU and DQ9 story!

DQ7 AU: Shadowing Tides

Chapter 1 (so far):

Spoiler

Auster sat on the cold docks, staring out at the sea. His sightless eyes gazed upon the gentle waves, his breath slowly beginning to escape from his lungs as he took a deep exhale. The crickets chirped their songs into the starry night skies as the soft, gentle breeze brushed up against his skin. Ah, silence. How I love it so.

“How long are you going to be out here? I’ve got to go home at some point, you know,” He turned his head in the direction of Maribel, the mayor’s only daughter. From what he’s heard, he knew she had auburn hair and dark blue eyes. Whatever auburn and blue are supposed to look like. I wish I wasn’t blind.

Auster only rolled his eyes. “You know, no one ever appointed you to be my bodyguard, Mari.”

She groaned, crossing her arms. “Shut up. Without me you’d get yourself killed.” Ah, the classic Maribel retort. He knew this one to heart; hearing the excuse at least once per day gave him plenty of opportunities to get her back. Doesn’t she realize she digs herself into a deeper hole every time she uses it? Or does she even care?

“And yet I manage to breathe without your assistance. Hmm. Shocking,” retorted Auster, grinning to himself. Maribel simply huffed and slapped her forehead, while Auster held back his laughter. Fiddling with his fingers, he sighed, pushing away his joy from earlier. “You can head on home if you’d like, though. I might stay for a while longer, or I might go home after a little while longer. Who knows?”

Maribel cast a sideways glance at Auster. “Are you sure you want to stay out here by yourself? I mean, I’m fine with going home right now, but…” She began to trail off once she noticed Auster’s smug smile. “Wipe that smug grin off of your face.” snarled the teen, her fists ready to strike. Why’s she always so aggressive? It’s not like I was trying to kill her.

Backing up a bit, Auster grumbed, “You’re no fun. Anyways, I’m sure I can handle being out here by myself. I’m sure my mom and dad are asleep by now,” With a grunt, Auster got up from where he was sitting, brushing off the dust on his clothes. “You should get home soon, though. You know how your parents are. Especially your mother.” Maribel rolled her eyes, grabbing a wooden stick leaning onto one of the poles holding up the dock. She threw the stick over to Auster, adding a sigh. Oh right. My stick. His wooden stick was something that his parents Pearl and Pollock had come up with for him, as a means for getting around Estard Island. I really need to take better care of it, don’t I?

“I couldn’t care less how my mother reacts,” Maribel mumbled, shaking her head. Turning away from Auster, she sighed. “Just…don’t stay up to late, okay? Tomorrow’s the Pilchard Harvest, and I bet your mom will expect you to be up early. And seriously, don’t lose that stick again. I’ll tie it to your hand if I have to. See you tomorrow, Aust.” She walked away from him, not saying a single word after their short conversation. Oh, the Pilchard Harvest! How could I forget?! Maybe he should’ve postponed heading to the forbidden ruins with Prince Kiefer tonight and head out tomorrow instead. No, I couldn’t have done that. Kiefer would probably be livid about it. And besides, we figured something out tonight…I think.

Placing the tip of his stick onto the ground, Auster attempted to remember which way his house was. Maybe I should’ve let Maribel at least take me home…oh well. Gently tapping the stick on the wooden dock, he eventually managed to make his way onto the beach and to his house. Hopefully the Pilchard Harvest won’t be as hectic as it was last year…

Okay, this one probably needs some explanation: I was reading Warriors recently and one of the main characters/POVs is named Jayfeather, a blind medicine cat (healer cat). Since in the games Auster seems to have an affinity with healing spells and is a main character, I thought, What if he was blind?? And cue the creation of this story. I bet he's very upset about it but doesn't like being babied, which is why he insists on going somewhere by himself. Plus, I can imagine Maribel being his body-guard because he's "blind and needs protection" and is slightly arrogant about it, yet it shows her hidden kindness. The two argue often but are close friends. I BASICALLY JUST WANT TO SEE THE TWO BICKER FOR ONCE, ALL RIGHT??!!

DQ9 Story: The False Apprentice

Summary:

Victoria is the newly pronounced Guardian of Angel Falls, now tasked to watch over her flock as their shepard. However, when Yggdrasil bears its fyggs, a mysterious force ravages the Protectorate, scattering the fyggs down to the land along with Victoria herself. Surviving a brutal blow from the fall, Victoria must find her way back home…

Chapter 1 (so far):

Spoiler

“H-Hey, are you okay?!” A shrill, panicked voice squealed. With a searing pain coursing through my head, I blinked my left eye open. Or attempted to, at least. By the stars, that hurts! What happened? Who or what attacked the Observatory? A girl with purple-blue hair wearing an orange bandana was standing over me, her blue eyes highlighted with worry. She looks familiar…now where have I seen her before? I...I think...I give up. Groaning, I shut my eye in pain. Everything hurts. I need to find out what happened to everyone…

My fingers brushed up against a cold, smooth, liquid-like substance as the pain continued to worsen. W-Water? I think it is… Am I at some sort of body of water or something? Maybe I should try getting up… Attempting to at least move my leg, the agonizing discomfort grew even more at an alarming rate. Great Yggdrasil, why the hell does this hurt so much?! Aren’t I a Celestrian?! Frustration seethed through my mind, but I didn’t bother with going on and on about it for now. There were more pressing things to deal with. Like sleep. And lots of it.

~O~O~O~

With a grunt, I opened my eyes to be greeted with a blast of sunlight attempting to murder me. From the looks of it, the sun was beginning to rise. Dawn. Of course. Glaring at the bedsheets, I sighed. I still can’t remember where I am, but I do know that I’m not up in the Observatory anymore. For the time being I guess I’ve been taken care of, probably by a mortal if I’m in the Protectorate. Glancing down at my chest, I realized in shock that I wasn’t wearing my Celestial clothing, but just a simple, dark purple shirt and dark blue shorts, with bandages wrapped all on my body. I can remember feeling a throbbing pain in those areas, but otherwise that’s it. What happened to me? Carefully placing the blankets away from me, I slowly got up from the bed I was resting in, placing my hand on the wooden beam for balance. As I got up, I noticed that my right leg was slightly twisted. Oh, heavens no! How did I get injured that bad?? Taking a step forwards, I almost fell down onto the wooden floor. Catching myself just in time, I exhaled a sigh of exhaustion.

“Why did this have to happen to me?” I groaned, shaking my head. I don’t even know where I am, and yet… “Hopefully this doesn’t kill me…” Turning around, I lifted my head up to see the door creak open. Who’s that?

The purple-blue haired girl came in, a small smile on her face. “Oh, you’re finally up! I didn’t think you’d be able to recover so quickly!” With a sudden jolt, I realized who that was. Erinn, the girl me and Aquila had saved alongside her grandpa against those monsters. She was the one taking care of me? How ironic, since us Celestrians are supposed to take care of mortals. I guess I’ll have to repay the debt somehow, right? Just like how we receive the benevolessence from them after helping them out, I should repay Erinn for helping me out. For all I know, I could’ve died!

I nodded weakly, still looking at her from my direction. “T-Thanks for helping me out. W-What happened to me?” The last I remember is that I survived from that fall and the pain…at least it’s over, for the most part.

Erinn walked into the room. “You seemed to fall from the waterfall during the earthquake. I remember that you’d fallen on some sharp rocks and partially the water when I’d found you.”

“I guess…that explains what happened to my leg,” I sighed, staring at my twisted leg. “I might be walking with a permanent limp for the rest of my life…” Us Celestrians live for thousands of years, so that would be a long time. And I’m barely even two hundred years old. This will be a living hell.

She examined my leg for a second and looked back at me. “Well, I’m no doctor, but there’s still a possibility that it could heal back into place. You aren’t fully healed, after all.”

I tilted my head. “I’m not? How long have I been out?” This isn’t good. I need to get back to the Observatory as soon as possible. Is Aquila worried about me?

It's about my lovely DQ OCs, my favorite of them all (I only have a few). The main POV is Victoria, and the latter ones I'll share now: Sandee the thief, Olga the warrior, and Gabriel the priest. It's just a matter of introducing them properly. And I made the crash do more damage to the MH because who doesn't love torturing their own characters, right? (Sure know I do.)