Sign in to follow this  
Stuner50

Fortune Street for Switch speculation thread.

There's probably a new Itadaki Street for the Switch on the works, i'm 99% sure of it...but it might not come til 2020 at earliest and i'm sure that one it's going to be released on the west because nintendo will probably push for it.

So i made this thread to speculate about it.

It's most likely going to be Mario & Dragon Quest  again like the Wii/DS version, unless they decide to go with another nintendo IP like Fire Emblem or Zelda (wich i doubt).

Altrough the 4th entry in the series (30th anniversary) used a lot of reashed boards because of the anniversary/nostalgia, and (thankfully) it got a lot of backslash in Japan so i expect the Switch game to have a lot of new boards.

After thinking about it: I think the reason we aren't getting the PS4 one is because this is a anniversary title so it's a bit pointless to bring it here if we only had the Wii game.

1. What i expect of the game?:
  • Miis are completely cut.
  • Chibi character models are also out and will be similar to Fortune Street's more realistic character models.
  •  Shop returns from 30th anniversary were you can buy characters and boards instead of just unlocking them.
  •  A less laggy online mode hopefully , 30th's is horrible.

2. Dragon Quest content:

•   A new board from Dragon Quest XI: There's a lof of choices but Octagonia or Cobblestone seems like the most likely choices.
  •  A new board from Dragon Quest VII: Shrine of Mysteries seems like the most likely choice, if not then maybe the Roamer Encampment?
  •  A new board from the most recent Dragon Quest X expansion: I haven't played X, so i can't give any examples.
  •  New boards from recent spin-off games: Heroes, Builders, Joker 3...etc.
  •  Characters: Ashlynn, some new IX and X character(from IX Sterling, Pavo or Aquila? Dunno about X) ...Camus and Veronica.

3 Mario Content:

• New board from Super Mario Odyssey: New Donk City?
  • New board from Super Mario 3D Worlds: Haven't played this one yet so no idea about the potential stage
  • New board from Mario Kart 8: Electrodome would be cool
  • Mario RPG stages (Either from Mario RPG, M&L or Paper Mario)
  •  Characters: Rosaline, Toadette, Pauline, Geno?

Can't really think about much else, what do you guys think?

Edited by Stuner50

I don't think I could argue with those proposals. Like I said in the other thread, I think the could base it off the Wii version as a sort of HD remix like 30th Anniversary.

I would just add

-The DS Minigames like 30th uses the PSP Minigames. Sweet Goddess Rubiss they're better and cooler than the Wii games.

-I think they could totally do voice acting like 30th but instead of of fully voiced lines, keep it "Nintendo style" of just having short phrases and grunts. Think recent Mario games or the "downtime" conversations in DQ Heroes.

-Have a special enhanced gameplay mode like Spheres in the PS2 game. Just use ? Blocks/MK Item Boxes as the aesthetic instead of FFX/X-2's spheres.

-A board editor would be SO COOL!

Edited by Choppasmith

4 hours ago, Choppasmith said:

I don't think I could argue with those proposals. Like I said in the other thread, I think the could base it off the Wii version as a sort of HD remix like 30th Anniversary.

I would just add

-The DS Minigames like 30th uses the PSP Minigames. Sweet Goddess Rubiss they're better and cooler than the Wii games.

-I think they could totally do voice acting like 30th but instead of of fully voiced lines, keep it "Nintendo style" of just having short phrases and grunts. Think recent Mario games or the "downtime" conversations in DQ Heroes.

-Have a special enhanced gameplay mode like Spheres in the PS2 game. Just use ? Blocks/MK Item Boxes as the aesthetic instead of FFX/X-2's spheres.

-A board editor would be SO COOL!

Sure let's have another reash instead of a new game when the japanese fans absolutely hated 30th, perfect idea man.

7 hours ago, Stuner50 said:

Sure let's have another reash instead of a new game when the japanese fans absolutely hated 30th, perfect idea man.

It certainly goes in line with their other recently announced Wii ports like Chocobo's Dungeon. It's funny you're getting mad at me for wanting remixed content like 30th when you were adamantly defending 30th for having PLENTY of new stuff.

The PS4/Vita game is a 30th anniversary title, of couse it's going to have recycled content lol, it's not a remix of the PS2/PSP version at all, there's a lot of new stuff.

Make up your mind dude 😛

Of course the more new content the better (I was initially disappointed in the lack of Sphere mode and the reused minigames). I'm just easy to please.

On 10/15/2018 at 9:49 AM, Stuner50 said:

There's probably a new Itadaki Street for the Switch on the works, i'm 99% sure of it...but it might not come til 2020 at earliest and i'm sure that one it's going to be released on the west because nintendo will probably push for it.

So, in development now but it would come out until 2020? Those Itadaki Street games must be very time consuming to develop.

• Like 1