YangustheLegendaryBandit

Dragon Quest XI Progress

17 minutes ago, SlimeVagrant said:

Reveal hidden contents

I had no idea you could do that! I'm kind of glad I didn't figure that out until afterwards because it was a really fun experience. I gave up on Zoma years ago because I didn't know about the orb of light either and I really need to go back to III.

Also Overweening pride wasn't that bad for me. I had a similar experience with him than I did with the true final boss, except I never "lost" to Overweenie just took too many turns. Was able to get him on my 2nd try also.

Did you play on super strong enemies?

I did not, I completely missed the Challenge at the beginning somehow. I'll have to give them a try on a 2nd playthrough.

10 minutes ago, SlimeVagrant said:

I did not, I completely missed the Challenge at the beginning somehow. I'll have to give them a try on a 2nd playthrough.

That’s probably why you didn’t have trouble with Overweening Pride. That boss was a #$*! even with everyone at level 99 with strong enemies on. Way worse than the boss of Phnom Nonh in Act 1 with strong enemies.

I cleared Battleground, and with Gallopolis and Hotto already cleared, I was able to forge the legendary sword.

At this point I'm 90% sure that I have to fly to that giant ominous castle in the sky.

On 12/5/2018 at 9:50 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

@SlimeVagrant and @GrandAlchemistFor the true final boss, you guys know you can (putting the rest in spoilers).....

Reveal hidden contents

Use the Super Sword of Light to weaken his strength, right? He’s like Zoma in the sense a special item used in combat will make him far weaker.

I thought he wasn’t all the hard. Especially compared to #$*!ing Overweening Pride in the post game dungeon trials. #$*! the boss. Easily took the cake of hardest post game boss.

I was aware of that before the game was even released in the US. Since I superleveled to 99 I just beat him down the "hard" way.

5 minutes ago, GrandAlchemist said:

I was aware of that before the game was even released in the US. Since I superleveled to 99 I just beat him down the "hard" way.

Okay, just making sure. I’ve seen a few people who didn’t know about that and complaining it was too difficult. Thought I’d pass the info along in case you or Slime needed some help.

I just got to cobblestone after the world went to crap. I have to say, is this going to be the start of a frustrating treck of being blocked off from the world and slowly getting my party members back, oh boy can’t wait.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2018 at 7:01 AM, sad46 said:

I just got to cobblestone after the world went to crap. I have to say, is this going to be the start of a frustrating treck of being blocked off from the world and slowly getting my party members back, oh boy can’t wait.

Oh yeah, that's a ton of fun.

On 11/30/2018 at 7:18 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

With how little CPR gets to play, a foot of progress is a good deal of progress.

So. Damn. True.

I got like four hours in this last weekend. Finished up Octagonia and knocked out some side quests. Hopefully I'll squeeze in another hour or two this week. 

Still in the same spot. I took some time to catch up on the side-quests. I'm currently missing 2. One is time locked until I beat the game, the other, I cant finish because I don't have the ability yet.

At the very least. I got +3 Metal Slime weapons for most of the party, with the exception of the spellcasters and Sylvando. I have Sylvando on whips, and I need to get him upgraded. Right now, I think he's got the Demon Whip.

• Like 1