YangustheLegendaryBandit

Dragon Quest XI Progress

Since we had one of these for the 3DS remakes, let’s have one for Dragon Quest XI. I’m surprised someone hasn’t made one of these yet.

Anyway, share your progress in the game here.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Not in anywhere spoilery yet and surely won't be for a while. 10ish hours in and just beat the desert area (minus one really annoying quest). Love the Rainbow pun for the item I'm after.

Enjoying it a lot. 73182b02d9abc35333f55880d3182d91.jpg&key=33469a343f85bd0745edb84234871ba8f260e67b2b2150170aa6cd54f0739a0d

But it is a game.

Doing the desert stuff with guest Sylvando.

Even got that wild side quest done, the stars aligned and those three hit Pep, then I avoided fighting until I got to the enemy I needed.

Also in the desert, just before getting Sylvando.

I’ve mentioned before that I looked at almost nothing for the game and really just knew a couple of the party member designs. I think Sylvando was the only one I didn’t know about until I started playing. Anyways, I kept confusing Gemma for Serena and kept thinking she was gonna join the party at some point... Also, I was incredibly confused because I kept seeing art of Veronica and even her entry in the art book kept referring to her as a kid, but the opening video was of her as an adult. I figured shenanigans was up when she kept referring to her “little sister.” And speaking of the art book... I opened up to a random page and really regret it. Seriously guys, if you care about spoilers and you bought the Edition of Lost Time, don’t flip through it.

It’s funny all you guys are at the desert area. That’s where I left off on the 3DS version!

Yeah I'm holding off going through the art book till I finish the game.

I'm currently in Gondolia. Draconian mode calls for more grinding so I'm probably behind the others who also started playing on launch day.

I actually figured everyone would be way past me. It’s only about 6-7 hours in. I don’t stop at every NPC and I haven’t had to level grind yet, but I do stop to fight monsters on my way to places often and I do every quest available to me and dig around for junk before moving on.

Also in the desert, just before getting Sylvando.
I’ve mentioned before that I looked at almost nothing for the game and really just knew a couple of the party member designs. I think Sylvando was the only one I didn’t know about until I started playing. Anyways, I kept confusing Gemma for Serena and kept thinking she was gonna join the party at some point... Also, I was incredibly confused because I kept seeing art of Veronica and even her entry in the art book kept referring to her as a kid, but the opening video was of her as an adult. I figured shenanigans was up when she kept referring to her “little sister.” And speaking of the art book... I opened up to a random page and really regret it. Seriously guys, if you care about spoilers and you bought the Edition of Lost Time, don’t flip through it.

I totally took a few hours after getting Veronica to really make the connection that she's in the intro video. Haha, I've also not looked up or read anything about DQXI, so I blame that on my ignorance.

Almost got that pep quest done, Damnit, had the wrong sister pepped.

I’m somewhere rather cold. I’m being really vague intentionally. (Never want to potentially spoil much.) - edit

I am really loving this game. I’m 36 hours in and need to go back and do more quests. I’ve only got 12 completed. Searching every nook and cranny for Mini Medals of course. 38 of those. 

I hope everyone is enjoying themselves! 

Edited by AzureVoid

1 minute ago, AzureVoid said:

I’m somewhere rather cold. I’m being really vague intentionally. 

I am really loving this game. I’m 36 hours in and need to go back and do more quests. I’ve only got 12 completed. Searching every nook and cranny for Mini Medals of course. 38 of those. 

I hope everyone is enjoying themselves! 

This is the progress discusssion so it’s totally understandable if you wanna share specifics. If you’re particularly worried about spoiling something for someone, which is appreciated, you can put tags over it and just keep it hidden that way.

@AzureVoid

What eal said. Clicking on the eye icon when you’re typing up your post will cause a spoiler box to appear

Spoiler

Just like this one

and you can hide whatever you want in the spoiler box.

Oh, sweet. Thanks guys. I didn’t realize it was that easy. I always worry using phones. 

Spoiler

Just a test before I ever post content.

No prob. And there’s no way anyone will see it on mobile unless they choose to open it.

I also learned something. I usually self-inserted the spoiler brackets.

Didn’t know there was a button for it now.

Edited by eal

Haven't been on here in ages but I figured I dust that old account off since I just bought the game for PC, works surprisingly well but while I prefer to use the mouse for mobility/camera movement, I tend to lean towards having both hands on the keyboard during battle. I don't have a latest gen console fyi.

Either way, what party setup do you guys run? I figured 4 is the party limit but I'm not sure who to drop once I get the Sylvando and Jade (or whoever else). Erik seems useful for metal slimes but otherwise pretty meh. Worth sitting him out?

Edited by Votkrath

27 minutes ago, AzureVoid said:

Oh, sweet. Thanks guys. I didn’t realize it was that easy. I always worry using phones. 

Reveal hidden contents

Just a test before I ever post content.

No worries, happy to help. I use mobile all the time, so I’ve figured out the tricks and tools when on the mobile site. 😎👍

No prob. And there’s no way anyone will see it on mobile unless they

use Tapatalk. Spoilers tags don't work on there. aae9feaa8ad99757ed041a71f3731f1f.jpg

2 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

use Tapatalk. Spoilers tags don't work on there. aae9feaa8ad99757ed041a71f3731f1f.jpg

That’s why you use the superior mobile version. Forgetta ‘bout yo Tapatalk.

Excuse you, Tapatalk is way superior.

PC master race, lowercase. Tapatalk Master Race, capitals!

10 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:
11 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

You know I was joking, right? I don’t care how someone visits the Den.

No, I am offended by something somebody said online so I demand a blood sacrifice.

3 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:
5 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

No, I am offended by something somebody said online so I demand a blood sacrifice.

I see...THEN THE SACRIFICE SHALL BE YOU! (Uses 100 tension Parallax)

You'll have to turn to another series. No blood in DQ. Heck, you know those horses got shot by arrows as you escape in the first hours, but you sure don't see them or any blood.

In other words, take your blood sacrifices and shove them... to about half the other series of RPGs in the world.

I kind of dig the mobile version. I’m often switching through tabs on Safari anyhow. Especially now that I know how to run it properly haha. 

Also, I’m running Hero, Erik, Jade, and Rab. They’ve got enough of a variety of skills to fight bosses, slay randoms and keep us healed up. I am lacking Oomph users through this party currently though. 

• Like 2

30 hours in and the boats "sturdyness" was tested (again)

• Like 1