Imutone

Quest Monsters + Will Be Published By Seven Seas

https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/1016068871596343296

Brand-new license announcement: Dragon Quest Monsters + by Mine Yoshizaki, the manga based on the hit video game franchise, by the creator of SGT. FROG!

Guys... My wallet is weeping...

In all seriousness, I love Seven Seas! They license most of the mangas I own! It's all yuri but shhhhh.

Has there ever been a better time to be a Western DQ fan? I feel blessed with all of the new merch announcements. 

32 minutes ago, Imutone said:

In all seriousness, I love Seven Seas! They license most of the mangas I own! It's all yuri but shhhhh.

Has there ever been a better time to be a Western DQ fan? I feel blessed with all of the new merch announcements. 

Not my favorite publisher, my heart belongs to Viz, but Seven Seas has been full of surprises in the last year. They published To-Love Ru and Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs, I’m looking forward to Plus Size Elf in a couple months, those lovely Go Nagai collections, and Hour of the Zombie is my favorite horror manga.

Mine Yoshizaki is a god, he created Aki Hinata.

10 hours ago, Imutone said:

Oh hey, I’ll finally read a manga now.

39 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Oh hey, I’ll finally read a manga now.

It’s interesting that you watch anime but don’t have an interest in manga. Usually you see both interests paired together. Is it just a cost factor thing? Because it can be expensive, I pirated that stuff till I was a working adult because I couldn’t afford it aside from Shonen Jump every month.

Edited by eal

17 minutes ago, eal said:

It’s interesting that you watch anime but don’t have an interest in manga. Usually you see both interests paired together. Is it just a cost factor thing? Because it can be expensive, I pirated that stuff till I was a working adult because I couldn’t afford it aside from Shonen Jump every month.

I watch anime that interests me. Studio Ghibli films, select shows like One Punch Man, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo...

I wouldn’t call myself an anime fan by any means. I usually watch from a recommendation + seeing some footage myself. Cost has never really been a factor.

Not my favorite publisher, my heart belongs to Viz, but Seven Seas has been full of surprises in the last year. They published To-Love Ru and Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs, I’m looking forward to Plus Size Elf in a couple months, those lovely Go Nagai collections, and Hour of the Zombie is my favorite horror manga.
Haunted is a little bit of a stretch. I mean, haunted has a certain connotation that doesn't quite fit here.
  • Like 1

Hope it's good and someone posts scans once it's out.

Which one?

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:
1 hour ago, Mefista said:

Which one?

Uh, the one thread is about? ^^'

Ah, thought we'd moved the topic past that to Plus Size Elf. Glad someone is rerailing topics!

27 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
2 hours ago, Mefista said:

Ah, thought we'd moved the topic past that to Plus Size Elf. Glad someone is rerailing topics!

I’ll gladly bring the topic to Plus Size Elf. I love how bizarre the concept is: an elf can’t return to her homeland unless she weighs the same she arrived in the human world at, but she has an addiction to french fries and now she’s stuck in the human world until she loses weight with the help of a human message therapist. Then, each chapter is basically, “here’s another mythical creature that gained weight in a very specific location.” It’s a weird take on monster girl stories, but decently funny, at least if only for the all shirts the elf wears.

Just a heads up that this manga came out today.

Did anyone else notice this? Did they just forget to translate a panel?3ad119663b28731ab5bbd5c3e508e573.jpg

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

The blank panel at the top? Sometimes writers put those there for transition purposes when the story is moving to a new scene or the time of day is changing.

The blank panel at the top? Sometimes writers put those there for transition purposes when the story is moving to a new scene or the time of day is changing.
Strange. Never saw those back in the mid 2000s when I read manga.

48 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

Strange. Never saw those back in the mid 2000s when I read manga.

I mean, I could be wrong, I bought it last week but haven’t put any time into reading it yet. Authors have their own ways to show a transition, though usually a small panel indicating a change in day or weather is usually enough. But seeing as you’re getting a picture of a house at night and it would be awkward for there to be text in a blank panel attatched to a picture meant to indicate a new setting, I’m willing to bet it’s just one of those things.

My personal experience with Seven Seas manga leads me to believe they wouldn’t accidentally forget to put in translated text and they wouldn’t remove something intentionally for Western sensibilities. I mean, they publish Monster Musume and To Love-ru.

Wait wait wait. I'm honestly not sure I'm understanding this thread correctly. Are you guys really meaning to tell me that a Dragon Quest manga is out, in English, officially, in a physical book that can be purchased, in the United States of America?

2 hours ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

Wait wait wait. I'm honestly not sure I'm understanding this thread correctly. Are you guys really meaning to tell me that a Dragon Quest manga is out, in English, officially, in a physical book that can be purchased, in the United States of America?

Seven Seas published Dragon Quest Monsters +, yes. 

Ya gotta keep up man!

First volume is out and there's three more in the works. Next one is out in March, I believe.

I don't normally read manga, but since it's Dragon Quest, I'll check it out.