ignasia

Last Train to DQ11 3DS...our one and only chance to change SE's mind.

Posted (edited)
I am not going to request much, just read this, read my petition, and consider this: if you think you may have any regrets down the line for the lack of the 3DS, this is just a signature, it is written respectfully as a proposition by fans, and this is literally THE only period of time we have to get SE to reconsider releasing this game.  Sure it may come to nothing, but I feel it's best to attempt to convince them than to just walk away and be satisfied.  If not, then at the very least we've made the request for the game.  If they do reconsider, and down the line some of you who aren't attracted to the 3DS version do wish to play it, well, Nintendo's servers should be up for quite a few years after the fact.  Meaning you should be able to purchase the game digitally.

Clearly using the general petition for DQ11 would make zero sense, as the game was announced, while this is specific to the current situation we're in.

I only ask that you guys give it a looksee before making a decision, and beyond this post I will not discuss my petition further or try to coax anyone who is unwilling to sign to change their minds.  Thanks for reading, and for those that do sign, thank you for signing and may luck be with us.  I will also be writing to SE.

English 3DS specific petition: https://chn.ge/2qCTjYN

French 3DS specific petition: https://www.mesopinions.com/petition/medias/dragon-quest-xi-nintendo-3ds-west/41575

Project COE covering unique 3DS gameplay/story elements: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b400FNeNtrU

There's also this more formal campaign: thanks Awesomeinblue!
image.png.08f07847f81a39d567e6b119102e24a7.png

Project COE videos on DQ11:

Top 10 Differences between the PS4 and 3DS versions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m32MMCs2Tw

Why the PS4 was intended to be released outside Japan based on how the game plays and its features:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u41iMNGidXQ

Discussion without showcasing video/pics about why the 3DS is the better version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsw04RD-cNg

The Final Exclusive Bonus Boss in the 3DS version's Remembrance Palace:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6KAULI1dTc

Discussion about the extra bits that unlock AFTER the Retro areas, the Remembrance Palace...no gameplay just discussion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gmSgXXOmeE

The 3DS exclusive retro areas:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b400FNeNtrU

----

Not from Project COE, but the only video I could find of the Yochi Dungeon, exclusive to the 3DS:
https://youtu.be/b56sOYCQEs8?t=8m55s

----

I should try to find a video covering the specific gear that is unique to the 3DS.  I do not know if the PS4 has any unique gear, but I do know the 3DS does, and a surprising amount as well.

Edited by ignasia
  • Like 2

I signed it.

• Like 1

Signed

• Like 1

I signed it as well.

But I think it would be a good idea to also petition Nintendo as well, since Nintendo published all of the Dragon Quest games released on the Nintendo 3DS in the West.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It would be great to have it! I'm definitely in for that.

WANT-WANT-WANT

Edited by Aurin
  • Like 1

Guess mobile isn't working for that site. It shows 0 signatures and won't let me click on anything. Will sign this when I get home. Sadly, I have more trust in a fanslation than a translation.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks guys.

4 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Guess mobile isn't working for that site. It shows 0 signatures and won't let me click on anything. Will sign this when I get home. Sadly, I have more trust in a fanslation than a translation.

More likely the case, but if this works...maybe it might due to Nintendo taking up the reigns with a puny campaign of youtube videos.

10 hours ago, Dakhil said:

I signed it as well.

But I think it would be a good idea to also petition Nintendo as well, since Nintendo published all of the Dragon Quest games released on the Nintendo 3DS in the West.

Not to worry my friend.  Not to worry.  I definitely plan to send stuff into Nintendo as well.  The question is WHO to petition.  SE makes themselves accessible, but Nintendo...Nintendo is SOOO hard to get any dialogue with, or get them to check into anything.  There are no direct emails any longer.  I'll just have to tweet their channels and Reggie.  Reggie likes DQ9, so there's a good shot that might get some attention.  I should find some other Nintendo of America Twitter accounts as well, stuff I don't have in the campaign communication databank thread.

I'm also trying to get some youtubers to at least sign, if not throw a mention in a video, especially from known DQ fans like AlphaOmegaSin and HappyConsoleGamer...oh and Project COE.  I'm going to try to get Siliconera and a few other known DQ fans like that Robert guy?  I forget his name.  The bulky guy from that tech journalist site who is a huge DQ fan.  Maybe even Forbes resident DQ fan, as he loves chatting up DQ at any opportunity.  I don't count on anything though, as Nintendo never responded one iota about DQ7 and 8 when I spammed them, and no one in the youtube or journalist community who is a DQ fan ever responded, even to multiple PMs to join either the DQ9 DQVC, or the DQ's 7 and 8 campaigns.  Then again, they probably get a lot of twitter feed and mail, and Nintendo is notorious for not responding even when fans do impact them (Xenoblade is the PERFECT example of this...we bombed them left and right, and barely a mention, which said it had no impact, and then they released it, lol).

So definitely I'm going to write to them as well.

Edited by ignasia

Signed!

• Like 1

Signed

• Like 1

#DragonQWestXI3DS is a twitter hashtag being used by a group of people seeking to push their own movement for the 3DS version.  I'm going to use this, so if anyone else wants to help via any tweets DQ11 related, especially 3DS related, it would help to use this to connect to the same hashtag/movement...anyway, cheers!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ignasia said:

#DragonQWestXI3DS is a twitter hashtag being used by a group of people seeking to push their own movement for the 3DS version.  I'm going to use this, so if anyone else wants to help via any tweets DQ11 related, especially 3DS related, it would help to use this to connect to the same hashtag/movement...anyway, cheers!

Signed your petition a few days ago, saw it on fb. Anyway, the same people you mention also made this image, trying to ignite a campaign similar to the one that got us DQVII and VIII on the same platform:
DboqOToW4AAyz2_.jpg

Hopefully between the petition and this we can get it, or at least get SE to acknowledge we want this version.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I think this is really naive, considering Square Enix's decision is no doubt based on a marketing analysis done by industry professionals. They wouldn't skip the 3DS version without good reason. But for a simple summary, I think the YouTube video in the first posts sums it up quite well - for the DQ series to break through strong in the US, it needs to be tied into a solid well produced "next-gen" title that looks every bit as big as the series should be in the minds of people. And that's not even taking into account that most developers have already left the 3DS, which is definitely in its twilight years as it is.

However, there's nothing to lose by trying, so I did my duty and signed.

Edited by Sumez

Everyone realizes that. Its already been discussed here. But it doesn't hurt to start a small campaign anyway.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

SE wanted to skip both 3DS remakes too, but we got both thanks to fan petitions. Sure, they didn't set the charts on fire, but at least we got them! Won't hurt to at least try.

Edit: Offtipic but oh boy, i'm still not getting used to all the changes the forums got while i was gone but i sure love them. 

Edited by Awesomeinblue
  • Like 1

Ok, I added a number of video links from Project CEO and a cut-to portion of the video released for Nintendo on the 3DS version in Japan, as quite a few people do pass through here, but as well if anyone here isn't looking at my topic on GameFAQs.

I should point out that two of them are discussion videos, but I agree with Project COE's position.  Missing out on the 3DS version is really missing out on quite a bit.  It would be awesome if the Switch version gets the extra sidequest content from the 3DS, if anything is carried over.  Given this is still a long shot and I haven't been able to get any traction in the media world, or any youtuber...even Project COE, to openly call for signing the petition or writing to SE over changing their minds.

Oh... @Michi is there anyway to forward any of this or funnel any of this to your bosses, or is that asking for a bit much?

Having now played both,  I honestly prefer the 3DS version.   The PS4 version is just fine, particularly with Classic Camera.  But I think the world and character models are a little bit better and the world is more fun to explore on 3DS.  I especially like the SNES mode.

• Like 1

I'm definitely going to play the 3DS version all the way through at some point. I don't much like the battle system changes in the PS4 version. Most notably the way the rounds/turns work. There's no need to think ahead anymore. It's all reactionary.

I signed the petition.  I want the 3DS version because although I think the PS4 version is great(so far) I think the Super Famicom Dragon Quests have an aesthetically pleasing graphical style and the 3DS version tries to replicate this.