Sign in to follow this  
Woodus

Internal Server Error

How often are you guys seeing this. I am trying to troubleshoot it and was wondering if it is always certain times of the day, or if there are any other patterns.

Hmm... I've seen it before but it was right after the update. Don't think I've seen it since.

I've seen it from the time of the big down-time all the way until you changed hosts.  I have not seen it since.

Edited by ignasia

It keeps happening to me every other time I try to access the Den. Yesterday for about 2 hours I kept getting the internal server message after getting home from work.

I meant to contact Platty about it so he could contact you Woodus, but by that point it wasn't as frequent.

Hasn't bothered me at all, to be honest.

Also, just for reference, we should at least post our OS and browsers.

Browser: Pale Moon

I don't think it is a browser or OS issue, it seems as if I am hitting CPU and Memory limits of the new host (maybe the old host was more lenient on that, but with other issues). I am trying to limit some things that may be affecting the usage. For example it seems like some IPs are hitting the DQM Joker and Joker pro synthesizing pages pretty hard, so not sure if it is a search spider, or some other type of crawler.

I get it every so often, and it’s been happening for awhile. I didn’t think much of it though because, when I could get on, I’d see posts from the time I was having trouble getting on. Sometimes I could get onto the site but not on the log-in screen or to see new activity if I was already logged in.

It happened just this morning and I was considering making a topic about it, in fact. I couldn’t get on the Den for like two hours.

5 hours ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

Hmm... I've seen it before but it was right after the update. Don't think I've seen it since.

This

FYI, I am rebuilding the search indexes for the forum database, will see if that helps at all, may take some time to rebuild so searches may not come back with results right away.

Indexing is done, let me know if that makes it any better or worse.

I've encountered this error 4 times so far this week once yesterday when I posted in the DQ XI section and three times today so far while browsing.

Not much I can do at this point unless I want to pay more for a virtual host unfortunately. Or block guest access to the forums and force everyone to register, there are usually 10-40 guests at a time (and sometimes many of them are from the same IP)

Personally I'd prefer we never lock the forums down.

I lurked for years before my parents said I was old enough to sign up.

Personally I'd prefer we never lock the forums down.

I lurked for years before my parents said I was old enough to sign up.

Maybe look into the same-IP thing. (Though if a bunch of DQX players are using the same SoftEther connection, they may all be on the same IP address but legitimately using the site... Maybe cross-reference the info against a list of our X Players?)

• Like 1

FYI, one problem with locking it down is that search engines cannot index the forums then.