Democrobot

DQH3 Wants and Wishes

Since we know it is basically inevitable that we get a third game, I figured we may as well have a thread for what we hope to see in it. It can be anything from characters to legacy bosses to changes in mechanics etc.

First off, I would like to see the following characters

• Debora - she could wield either her signature nails or she could be awesome and have a war hammer. I would picture her having high speed and offense and for magic probably the sizz line and maybe Oomph.
  • Sancho - I picture him as a hybrid between Torneko and Yangus. I don't see him being the best in battle but I can for sure see his personality being interesting in the mix
  • Borya - I'm a sucker for a good magic user and Borya is one of the best. He's also on the stuffy side so he could certain grate some nerves. Nevertheless, his knowledge would be quite useful I'm sure.
  • Morrie -  As much as DQVIII has representation already, I think Morrie would be a great edition to the game. He has flare and could prove to be a unique character. He could potentially summon monsters to aid him.
  • Nevan -  this is a bit of an odd choice. I feel he was under utilized in DQVI and I want to see how it would be if they fleshed him out a bit more. Plus another healer never hurt either.

I like the concept of classes. I just feel it could be tweaked a bit from DQH2.

I'm also a fan of the open world. I just wish there was more to explore. I personally like caves and abandoned castles (not ruins though unless they are still somewhat intact)

I’m just throwing this out there that we should probably get Milly so that I can play as her. Maybe I’d actually get these games day one instead of waiting a whole year.

Just now, JaybirdC said:

Maribel needs to come back, obviously. Erinn should be playable. Angelo ought to be involved too, because Yangus needs to get Jessica off of his back.

And we could really stand to have legacy hero appearances. There are a lot of potential new relationships that could be expanded upon.

And character arcs! Character arcs galore!

Those are the characters i personally think would be great choices for Dragon Quest Heroes 3.

Here we go:

• Sancho: This character has potential to be one of the most interesting characters in the game, he could use his spear for regular attacks, much slower than Kiryl but it hits more heavily than him...he could use kabuff, whistle or snooze or even some spears skils like multitrust, his tension attack could be Kamikaze, i'd be awesome.
  • Morrie : This is a character that would be amazing to use if done well, he'll be a claw user of course, but what it shines about him are it's over-the top crazy skills....like summoning monsters, using PASION to build up a character's tension, he could have Oomph as well.
  • Borya: He could be the best mage character of the game....reling entirely on his spells for dealing damage, krack line would be his speciality....but he could have some support skills Oomph, Kasap or Kabuff as well, his tension attack would be badass if he trows up some sort of giant ice platform!
  • Ashlynn: Yes, not Milly, Amos or Nevan, i think Ashlynn is very overlocked in terms of DQVI reps, she could use her whip like Jessica, but she'll be faster than her, but deal less damage...like Borya she'll be mostly a mage user, with Frizz, Sizz, Bounce....her tension attack would be Magic Explosion of course...
  • Camus: Haven't played much of DQXI, but he would make an amazing Boomerang user, or at least he is in XI...
  • Aquila: I think Aquila would be a pretty interesting character, he could use light attacks since he's an angel, he could even fly for one of his skills...there's her sister Pavo that it's badass, but i'd like to save her for future games.
  • Anlucia: Just to have a rep from DQX really, she has some cool skills from X she could use, i'd like the sabercat chick better, but An is more popular.

Honorable mentions: Mervyn, Stella, Red and Harry

Edited by Slimer12
  • Like 2

Well some I'd like to see for interaction sake is:

1. Kiefer and Aishe if only for the fun of taking characters who not only never met in their game

(aside from a technicality of sorts in the remake)

and see how they'd play off each other.

2. Morrie and Sylvando: Just seems like there'd be a lot of fun exchanges between these two.

• Like 1

I already know they are going to put Jade in, she's become one of the most popular characters in Japan. 

Other then that I don't care, as long as they add online play

Edited by Hecatomb

I'd live to see characters coming from spin-off, like DQ Swords or something like that. Maybe even Pop or Maam from Daï's big Adventure. Or Daisy from Abel Yuussha. That'd be cool. 

9 hours ago, Xiggy said:

I'd live to see characters coming from spin-off, like DQ Swords or something like that. Maybe even Pop or Maam from Daï's big Adventure. Or Daisy from Abel Yuussha. That'd be cool. 

I’d be down for Fleurette being in a potential Dragon Quest Heroes game!

31 minutes ago, eal said:

I’d be down for Fleurette being in a potential Dragon Quest Heroes game!

I’m honestly surprised she doesn’t appear in more DQ media.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Oui, Yangus. Oui.

5 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Well, if I do recall well, her attire was obtainable in DQIX. I'm pretty sure she's "playble" in at least one Battle Road. But yes, her design would have make her perfect for the Japanese public, to appear in any other opus of the franchise. 

I do wonder, is French language that popular in English talking countries? 🤔

Edited by Xiggy

5 minutes ago, Xiggy said:

I do wonder, is French language that popular in English talking countries? 🤔

Cant speak for anyone else, but I’m a fan.

15 hours ago, Xiggy said:

I totally agree, DQ Swords has three very interesting characters.  The heroe's dad is really an alcholic/womanizer - kind of mildly neglectful of his son.

The Prince reminds me of a hybrid of Angelo/Marcello (Speaking of Marcello, he would be an awesome addition as well...)

The Mage Girl (French) just seems really awesome. I have been studying French now for 3 years, my grandmother spoke it to me growing up so I spoke a little.

Oui, je pense francaise est une tres belle longue.  

Edited by Madrigal

17 minutes ago, Madrigal said:

I totally agree, DQ Swords has three very interesting characters.  The heroe's dad is really an alcholic/womanizer - kind of mildly neglectful of his son.

The Prince reminds me of a hybrid of Angelo/Marcello (Speaking of Marcello, he would be an awesome addition as well...)

The Mage Girl (French) just seems really awesome. I have been studying French now for 3 years, my grandmother spoke it to me growing up so I spoke a little.

Oui, je pense francaise est une tres belle longue.  

The thing is, a Dynasty Warriors-based game should focus on characters that are visibly interesting, has a unique fighting style, or is just a plain or fan favorite, as they’ll mostly have no real bearing on the plot, aside from the first encounter and maybe getting a few hits in during later cutscenes or contributing dialogue that could be said by anyone else, just with their own unique flare. I’d say Fleurette would be the only worthwhile addition from Swords. Claymore looks boring and Anlance, as you said, is basically Angelo, a character that’s already in Heroes 2.

2 minutes ago, eal said:

The thing is, a Dynasty Warriors-based game should focus on characters that are visibly interesting, has a unique fighting style, or is just a plain or fan favorite, as they’ll mostly have no real bearing on the plot, aside from the first encounter and maybe getting a few hits in during later cutscenes or contributing dialogue that could be said by anyone else, just with their own unique flare. I’d say Fleurette would be the only worthwhile addition from Swords. Claymore looks boring and Anlance, as you said, is basically Angelo, a character that’s already in Heroes 2.

Yes Anlance is more like Angelo/Marcello  kind of personality.  He could make a nice replacement for the Angelo style character ( a bit more subdued because he's more gentleman like) I'm more thinking along the lines of newer characters join the main new cast while the older ones can be seen later in the story.  I get what you're saying, but these kinds of games to me are like a DQ Mashpit of fun.

I really think we need to see more characters from DQ V, VI, and VII.  I also wouldn't mind seeing Red and Morrie.

1 hour ago, Madrigal said:

Yes Anlance is more like Angelo/Marcello  kind of personality.  He could make a nice replacement for the Angelo style character ( a bit more subdued because he's more gentleman like) I'm more thinking along the lines of newer characters join the main new cast while the older ones can be seen later in the story.  I get what you're saying, but these kinds of games to me are like a DQ Mashpit of fun.

I really think we need to see more characters from DQ V, VI, and VII.  I also wouldn't mind seeing Red and Morrie.

The problem is that, when someone looks at the cast of Heroes, you naturally wanna say, “they need to pull characters from different games!”. There are 11 mainline games after all. But when you sit and think about it, you realize they don’t really have that many games to pull from. Correct me if I’m wrong since I haven’t played Heroes 2 yet. 1 and 3 only has the heroes as recognizable characters, they’ve already used Torneko, Alena, Kiryl, Maya, and Meena (and Ragnar technically) from 4, two out of the three brides in 5, Carver and Terry from 6, Ruff and She Who Shall Not Be Named from 9, the entire party from 8, there are no recognizable party members from 9 (unless you include characters that can join in the post-game), 10 was an MMO (is there a party in that game?), and 11 hasn’t been utilized yet. Well, what about the spin-offs? They mostly star characters from mainline games. Terry, Yangus, Torneko. There are a handful of Monsters games and Swords and Builders with wholly original characters but that’s about it. And they don’t seem interested in using the heroes as characters in Heroes, ironically.

Since they only seem interested in making party members featured characters in Heroes games, the only new characters to work with is the cast of 2, Borya from 4, Debora and Sancho from 5, Milly and Nevan and Ashlynn from 6, Kiefer and Melvin and Aishe from 7, and the whole cast of 11, with the cast of Swords to round everything out. 10 characters not including 11 and Swords. Sounds like a lot but who is clamoring for Borya, Sancho, Nevan, and Kiefer (the argument can be made Aishe and Melvin are characters people would be interested in seeing in Heroes but I can be convinced people would want Kiefer as well)? I even believe Milly would be of little interest to players but she would pair well with Terry, naturally. Not much fertile ground to work with aside from 11 and they couldn’t very well throw the whole cast in a potential Heroes 3.

Edited by eal

Potential characters left would be:

DQ2: Prince of Cannock, Princess of Moonbroke

DQ4: Borya

DQ5: Debora, Sancho, Tuppence, Parry, Madchen, Harry (he is fully playable and is a fan favorite), and MAYBE Pankraz

DQ6: Milly, Nevan, Ashlynn, Amos, Lizzie (probably wouldn’t happen but again, fully playable)

DQ7: Prince Kiefer, Sir Mervyn, Aira/Aishe

DQ8: Morrie and Red

DQ9: The post game characters who can join (I honestly don’t know who they are since I never bothered getting that far in 9)

DQ10: A representative from each race, but as far as I know every playable character is hand made by the player. There could be original player characters in the expansions though.

DQ11: Erik, Veronica, Serena, Sylvando, Jade, Rab, the 8th party member (not saying who cause spoilers)

So yeah. That’s about it for main games. I’d imagine the Prince and Princess from DQ2 would be the first to be added to Heroes 3 if it happens.

Since they don’t have a precedent for including optional party members in Heroes, I was basing my list off the assumption those characters aren’t even on the table. Not that anyone would care about whether it made sense or not, but including Pankraz would be weird if they also threw in, say, Debora. I also danced around specifics for 11 to avoid giving too much away about it this soon after release.

I’m just listing all the playable characters, optional or otherwise. I saw you talking about characters, so I got to thinking who all would be left. That’s it.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

1 hour ago, eal said:

The problem is that, when someone looks at the cast of Heroes, you naturally wanna say, “they need to pull characters from different games!”. There are 11 mainline games after all. But when you sit and think about it, you realize they don’t really have that many games to pull from. Correct me if I’m wrong since I haven’t played Heroes 2 yet. 1 and 3 only has the heroes as recognizable characters, they’ve already used Torneko, Alena, Kiryl, Maya, and Meena (and Ragnar technically) from 4, two out of the three brides in 5, Carver and Terry from 6, Ruff and She Who Shall Not Be Named from 9, the entire party from 8, there are no recognizable party members from 9 (unless you include characters that can join in the post-game), 10 was an MMO (is there a party in that game?), and 11 hasn’t been utilized yet. Well, what about the spin-offs? They mostly star characters from mainline games. Terry, Yangus, Torneko. There are a handful of Monsters games and Swords and Builders with wholly original characters but that’s about it. And they don’t seem interested in using the heroes as characters in Heroes, ironically.

Since they only seem interested in making party members featured characters in Heroes games, the only new characters to work with is the cast of 2, Borya from 4, Debora and Sancho from 5, Milly and Nevan and Ashlynn from 6, Kiefer and Melvin and Aishe from 7, and the whole cast of 11, with the cast of Swords to round everything out. 10 characters not including 11 and Swords. Sounds like a lot but who is clamoring for Borya, Sancho, Nevan, and Kiefer (the argument can be made Aishe and Melvin are characters people would be interested in seeing in Heroes but I can be convinced people would want Kiefer as well)? I even believe Milly would be of little interest to players but she would pair well with Terry, naturally. Not much fertile ground to work with aside from 11 and they couldn’t very well throw the whole cast in a potential Heroes 3.

Yes your points are very valid, but you should definitely play DQ Heroes II, I definitely think they improved the game a bit, but I'm sure others on this forum have already pointed that out.  Still for me, the game is just so much fun playing as all these random DQ characters and slaying countless monsters.  I like how the post game bosses really require lots of skill to beat them.  Levels and powerful weapons and spells aren't going to allow you to just bully your way through the post game.

^ I am gonna play Heroes 2 someday. I actually got it on Black Friday last year! Gotta finish Heroes 1 first though.

Sidenote: I like the phrase “bully your way through” as a way to describe using brute force with little thought in a game.

3 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

DQ1: Princess Laura

DQ9: Erinn, Patty, Sellma, Aquila, and throw in Stella and Pavo for having finishers in the Battle Road games.

I know it's rare (unheard of?) in Musou games, but I think it'd be neat if they threw in a mechanic where you got bonuses for having specific lineups in battle.

At the very least they could give out a trophy for certain lineups.

I do think playable NPCs are definitely in the table in Heroes 3, they're probably lower priority to playable characters but i think they're on the table.

I'm expecting a "Dragon Quest X" character to show up in Heroes III, specially "Anrushia", since she's crazilu popular in Japan.

"Dragon Quest IX" is less likely since it isn't as popular as "Dragon Quest X" But i could see Stella or Aquila making it into a future game.

9 hours ago, JaybirdC said:

I know it's rare (unheard of?) in Musou games, but I think it'd be neat if they threw in a mechanic where you got bonuses for having specific lineups in battle.

Princess Laura i guess it could work if they really want to have a DQ1 character, but i think she has no chance at all.

I mean Patty isn't really a DQIX character, she would be a DQIII character wouldn't she? The others i agree that could work just fine.

14 hours ago, eal said:

Idk why people are so sure that only playable characters are allowed, that's "true" for Heroes 1 and Heroes 2 but we don't know for Heroes 3 really.