eal

What Do You Like on Netflix?

Netflix's got some weird or interesting stuff buried underneath all the Orange is the New Black, Shameless, and comedy specials. What's some unique thing you've discovered on Netflix you wouldn't have heard of or watched otherwise or really like that you'd want others to watch?

I really enjoyed this documentary on sleep paralysis called The Nightmare. Basically, these people all discuss the horrible things they experience when they're stricken with sleep paralysis and can't move. You see dramatizations of it as they describe them to you.

I didn't discover this next thing on Netflix but I never would have been able to watch it if not for it being here. Really liked the first episode of Rectify when it previewed I think on AMC, but I wasn't able to keep up with it when the show continued on another channel. I remembered it years later and found it on Netflix, apparently finished. It's a very polished and interesting drama about a guy sentenced to death row for over 19 years, now found innocent and set free. It follows his return to society and normal life and how it effects the small southern town he lives in.

Starry Eyes is a pretty messed up horror movie. Basically, this woman will do anything to become an actress and ends up getting a role in a shady movie. Lots of body horror.

The Ip Man movies. Namely the first two. Fantastic fight choreography, if slightly anti-Japanese and anti-English, as the villains are like cartoon characters.

Until January or so, the Rockford Files. Right now, the Andy Griffith SHow.

Seven Deadly Sins. Next month, Castlevania.

I generally just Netflix to watch an episode or two of a comedy before I go to bed; Parks and Rec, Master of None, Bojack Horseman, etc. I'm not a huge tv guy, though. I spend more time reading or playing games with Twitch on in the background than anything else.

I would have said Bob's Burgers, but Netflix got rid of it on there.

Otherwise I've been watching Sons of Anarchy. I'm almost finished with the last season of the show.

Right now, trying to catch up on Arrowverse (Arrow, Flash, LoT), The Ranch when it comes back on, working thru Shameless, I will check out Castlevania when it goes live (which reminds me I need to watch the last season of Archer yet as well).

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Archer. I'd love to watch through the Dreamland season again, but that won't be up until next year at the earliest.

I do use Netflix to catch up on the Marvel movies since I never get the chance to go to the theater anymore. I'm still kicking myself for missing Guardians of the Galaxy 2 on the big screen since I loved the first one.

Ah well, least I can watch Benedict Cucumberpatch in Doctor Strange.

I watch a lot of Stand Up Comedy on Netflix. A LOT.

F is for Family wasn't a bad show either. It really harsh on the language, but once I got pas that it wasn't so bad.

eal,

I get sleep paralysis pretty frequently. Mine is boring compared to people on that documentary. All that happens to me is that I'm aware laying in my bed, but I can't move at all and I always end up shaking myself awake.

F is for Family wasn't a bad show either. It really harsh on the language, but once I got pas that it wasn't so bad.

eal,

I get sleep paralysis pretty frequently. Mine is boring compared to people on that documentary. All that happens to me is that I'm aware laying in my bed, but I can't move at all and I always end up shaking myself awake.

It varies. I remember it happening to my dad at one point before he even knew what it was. He was sleeping on the couch and suddenly woke up unable to move, and saw someone across the living room staring at him. Wasn't me or my mom. I've heard similar stories from people I know but it usually doesn't go farther then something like that.

eal,

It varies. I remember it happening to my dad at one point before he even knew what it was. He was sleeping on the couch and suddenly woke up unable to move, and saw someone across the living room staring at him. Wasn't me or my mom. I've heard similar stories from people I know but it usually doesn't go farther then something like that.

I've never felt a "presence" or anything like that when I get it. I'm just stricken with claustrophobia. It is different for everyone, though!

I used to have sleep paralysis all the time back in High School. Fortunately it would only last a minute or two before I was able to wake myself out of it.

Another thing I like on Netflix. The availability of all of the Star Trek TV shows. I watch a lot of Star Trek and I love that I have access to the full library.

They used to have all the movies, but they got pulled last year. I went out and bought them all on DVD.

• Upvote 1

Right now, trying to catch up on Arrowverse (Arrow, Flash, LoT),

and Supergirl & Supernatural! I was so disappointed CW cut ties with Hulu.

Stranger Things

Orange is the New Black

Kimmy Schmidt

Voltron

The B* in Apt 23

Master of None

Love

The League

Young & Hungry

Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Hot Girls Wanted

Girlmore Girls

Lovesick (formerly Scrotal Recall) - this was so good it led me to Misfits on Hulu and now I'm working to finish that before moving on to other British shows.

Edited by Plattym3

I really should watch It's Always Sunny.

I loved It's Always Sunny when it first started. The comedy was great and subtle. It's on its 11th season, and the characters have become flanderized versions of the first season.

Not to say that's not everyone's wheel house, but I feel like I got left behind when they kept compounding the characters on one or two traits. 

I will watch the first 4-5 seasons a ton though. I do love those seasons.

flanderized

Okilly dokilly, neighborino.

flanderized

Have you never heard of the term?

flanderized

Oh come on Bururian! I'm making a joke!

I know what the term means.

flanderized

Oh come on Bururian! I'm making a joke!

I know what the term means.

agggghhh you got me! :P

I loved It's Always Sunny when it first started. The comedy was great and subtle. It's on its 11th season, and the characters have become flanderized versions of the first season.

Not to say that's not everyone's wheel house, but I feel like I got left behind when they kept compounding the characters on one or two traits.

Watch The League. It's basically white-collar Sunny.

• Upvote 1

I've watched through the League several times. It's such a great show.

With vinegar strokes.

With vinegar strokes.

And equipmunk.

Here is a list I made off the top of my head:

The Blacklist
Stranger Things
Voltron
Girlmore Girls
Arrow Verse Shows
Spies of Warsaw
The Last Kingdom
House of Cards
Longmire
Marvel shows (Dare devil, Luke Cage, etc)

I so wanted to get into the Marvel shows. Started Daredevil and Jessica Jones. Ok, I'm fine with blood and what not (Supernatural cracks me up), but it was finally a scene from Daredevil that did me in. Dude repeatedly slamming someone's head in a car door until it squashed or exploded. That was it, I was done. I'll give it another shot one day I'm sure. Their shows did have a lot of potential, but also I dislike shows with too much dark lighting. Arrow is starting to annoy me with that too. Turn on a freaking light, Mayor Queen!