Sign in to follow this  
Twinkie

Dragon Quest Rivals announced

7 hours ago, eal said:

One of these days when a game is announced and everyone wonders if it's gonna come here I'm gonna say that I have an uncle that works at Square Enix and he says it's coming.

If that works, would that mean he's a monkey's uncle?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, jay said:

If that works, would that mean he's a monkey's uncle?

:laugh::laugh:

Rivals is great! Does anyone else here play it?

On 11/25/2017 at 9:46 PM, DarkBaramos said:

So is anyone else playing this? I started a while ago and having a pretty good time with it.

What's your name in it?

It was released on Nintendo Switch today and I'm loving it! I have been looking for a card game for months. I heard about rivals some days ago for the first time and now it's playable on Switch for free. It's similar to hearthstone but also has it's own mechanics. 

2 hours ago, Rangel said:

It was released on Nintendo Switch today and I'm loving it! I have been looking for a card game for months. I heard about rivals some days ago for the first time and now it's playable on Switch for free. It's similar to hearthstone but also has it's own mechanics. 

I'm downloading it now, is it hard to figure out if you don't know Japanese?

1 hour ago, Woodus said:

I'm downloading it now, is it hard to figure out if you don't know Japanese?

If you have a previous experience with other card games, play it at basic level it's not a problem. But as I said, the game has it's own  mechanics and even though I'm experienced card game player I couldn't figure them out yet. 

The game has many options:

Deck building

Booster packs

Battle modes

Daily bonuses 

Quests

Battle channel 

And others. 

If you don't know Japanese you'll probably be lost. I'm beginner in japanese and I'm still lost. The game already has hundred of cards. I'll need some time to get used to them. 

If you wanna play it at high level, the language would be a problem, I think. 

This game is the first dragon quest game I'm playing since I started learning Japanese. I'm very excited. ^^

Just now, Rangel said:

This game is the first dragon quest game I'm playing since I started learning Japanese. I'm very excited. ^^

Awesome, good luck. :thumbsup:

If you want grab any screenshots or write up any info for the Den's page on it, let me know :)

17 hours ago, Woodus said:

Awesome, good luck. :thumbsup:

If you want grab any screenshots or write up any info for the Den's page on it, let me know :)

Ok. But for now I'm just enjoying the game until I have a general understanding. I'm climbing the ranks with a mage deck. Hehe

Just now, Rangel said:

Ok. But for now I'm just enjoying the game until I have a general understanding. I'm climbing the ranks with a mage deck. Hehe

Sounds good, have fun with it. I only went thru a couple of the basic training battles. I may start over and try google translate as I go to see if that helps.