slimeborgi

DQ Gaiden: A Starry Legend

Oh you're back!  I actually have every version of RPG Maker except MV, I got them in a bundle.  Are your DWIII autotiles for 2003?

The DQ3 Auto tiles are for VXAce. I’m not sure if that’s compatible with 2003.

Since the gbc game is a port of the snes version, the game has a massive amount of tiles to sprite. Almost every map has it’s own tileset.

Tiles used in my demos are from DWM and DW 1&2. With a hint of custom ones.

Posted (edited)

RPGMaker 2k3 resources are not directly compatible with VX/Ace.

Most RPGMaker 2K and 2K3 resources are interchangable.

Most RPGMaker VX and VXAce resources are interchangable.

Outside these two pairs, everything will need conversion. Even in the two pairs, a few things are different (although I couldn't tell you off the top of my head what).

NOTE Scripts are not cross-compatible between any versions of RPG Maker. Sometimes a script author will port a popular or useful script of theirs to another version of the software, but they are not interchangable. Beyond using different languages (XP, VX, and Ace all use different versions of RGSS, and MV I -believe- is Java-based...?), many built-in scripts are dependencies for user-generated scripts, and these change drastically with each version.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

I have VX Ace. If you’re willing to share the tiles I’d like to give it a try. I love DW3’s GameBoy style.

4 hours ago, Sackchief said:

I have VX Ace. If you’re willing to share the tiles I’d like to give it a try. I love DW3’s GameBoy style.

As of now I only have a incomplete/custom tileset for the overworld maps and one half done cave tileset in the DQ3 style. I’ll post them later tonight once I have my computer.Save2.PNG

Save3.PNG

Though they are half done i think they are still viable. When ever I muster up courage I may do a generic town/castle tileset.

Edited by slimeborgi
  • Like 1

Attached is what I managed to compile, however some don't appear correctly in the tile selection slots.

It took a while to get these auto tiles working. Ignore the filenames as I used Jami's opensource files to make my test edits.

DWM1&2_World_Mapedit.PNG

DW1&2_Cave_Walls_5.png

water.PNG

Edited by slimeborgi
  • Like 1

Thanks Slimeborgi, this is great!