Plattym3

Vita RPGs...?

Urgh, I can’t express how frustrating it is that a combo continues with a Nice note hit during Fever Mode. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gotten full combos, only to go to the scoreboard and be told my final score is Brilliant instead of King Crazy because I got some errant Nice note at some point during Fever Mode I couldn’t see because I’m too busy trying to hit notes instead of observe the score of every note I hit.

43F11A0B-0A42-47ED-B0CD-29029C07CF63.thumb.jpeg.96cab194ab51fd3d651a1cbf6b4b49e1.jpeg

Slightly harder then I anticipated mostly due to trying to get all the modifiers, but the rest was pretty basic stuff.

So, altogether I’ve earned the Platinum trophy and scored King Crazy on nearly all Easy songs, a couple Normal, and one Hard song. Played just shy of 20 hours, but if you buckle down you can get the Platinum like 5 hours quicker.

Edited by eal

43F11A0B-0A42-47ED-B0CD-29029C07CF63.thumb.jpeg.96cab194ab51fd3d651a1cbf6b4b49e1.jpeg
Slightly harder then I anticipated thanks to all tough it was getting the modifiers, but the rest was pretty basic stuff.
So, altogether I’ve earned the Platinum trophy and scored King Crazy on nearly all Easy songs, a couple Normal, and one Hard song. Played just shy of 20 hours, but if you buckle down you can get the Platinum like 5 hours quicker.
Damn!

And Platty complains that I get platinum trophies/finish games really quickly. 😜

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1

Most of them aren’t merit based. For example, you get a trophy for just playing, not even beating, just playing, a song with 10 challenge modifiers on. You get a trophy for seeing all the dances of sets of pairs of the Phantom Thieves, which you will unlock just from playing every song on every difficulty, which you’ll do naturally while grinding to unlock social events. You get two for finishing the game and playing the hidden song. Stuff like that.

• Like 1

Most of them aren’t merit based. For example, you get a trophy for just playing, not even beating, just playing, a song with 10 challenge modifiers on. You get a trophy for seeing all the dances of sets of pairs of the Phantom Thieves, which you will unlock just from playing every song on every difficulty, which you’ll do naturally while grinding to unlock social events. You get two for finishing the game and playing the hidden song. Stuff like that.
Even I could do the hardest songs by putting on enough support modifiers.

If I ever platinum DQXI, maybe I'll do P3 dancing for kicks.

Holiday sales have started on the PSN.  Think I might pick up Mary Skelter: Nightmares for $8.  Even the worst review on Metacritic about it concludes with "it's worth picking up on a sale."  The top female at RPGamer liked it too.  Vita library... growing.

@YangustheLegendaryBandit, Darkest Dungeon is on sale & some DLC is too. Did you pick up the extra level? The Crimson Court

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/grid/STORE-MSF77008-HOLIDAYSALELP/1?platform=vita

Edited by Plattym3

30 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Holiday sales have started on the PSN.  Think I might pick up Mary Skelter: Nightmares for $8.  Even the worst review on Metacritic about it concludes with "it's worth picking up on a sale."  The top female at RPGamer liked it too.  Vita library... growing.

@YangustheLegendaryBandit, Darkest Dungeon is on sale & some DLC is too. Did you pick up the extra level? The Crimson Court

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/grid/STORE-MSF77008-HOLIDAYSALELP/1?platform=vita

Nice, good to hear it’s on sale again. I actually have both the base game and the Crimson Court DLC (which is hard as hell, let me tell you). Bought them in a bundle a year ago for $15 (if I remember right), and it ended up being one of those games were you get both the Vita and PS4 versions.

The Vita version is good, but it is more prone to crashing than the PS4 version, specifically while in town. There is a new patch out for the Vita version, so that could fix the problems.

• Like 1

Nice, good to hear it’s on sale again. I actually have both the base game and the Crimson Court DLC (which is hard as hell, let me tell you). Bought them in a bundle a year ago for $15 (if I remember right), and it ended up being one of those games were you get both the Vita and PS4 versions.
The Vita version is good, but it is more prone to crashing than the PS4 version, specifically while in town. There is a new patch out for the Vita version, so that could fix the problems.
But do you have the extra class for $2

8 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
16 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

But do you have the extra class for $2

Yes, and you saying that reminds me why it cost me $15. At the time the game was on sale, the Shieldbreaker class had just released on consoles, so I bought it right after the game/Crimson bundle. So the total was $15.

You didn’t happen to see if the Color of Madness DLC was on sale, did you? That released awhile ago to consoles, and I don’t have that one.

• Like 1

Yes, and you saying that reminds me why it cost me $15. At the time the game was on sale, the Shieldbreaker class had just released on consoles, so I bought it right after the game/Crimson bundle. So the total was $15.
You didn’t happen to see if the Color of Madness DLC was on sale, did you? That released awhile ago to consoles, and I don’t have that one.
Don't think so. There were 4 things I saw: game, game bundle with DLC, the DLC I mentioend earlier, and that class.

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:
2 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Don't think so. There were 4 things I saw: game, game bundle with DLC, the DLC I mentioend earlier, and that class.

Darn. I suppose it would be too early for a discount on that, but I was hoping maybe we’d get like a dollar or $1.50 off since PS4/Vita users had to wait quite a while for the Color of Madness DLC/update.

Ah well. Maybe in the next few months it will be on sale. I still need to finish the base game (I’m close!) and I heard the Color of Madness DLC is just as hard (if not harder) than the Crimson Court DLC. Crimson Court’s worst crime is that damn Crimson Curse a party member can get. Basically makes them a vampire and they need a special item to deal with it, and those #$*!ing mosquitoes from the DLC can show up in regular dungeons. Ugh.

• Like 1