Plattym3

Vita RPGs...?

So I just won a Builders download code from Michi's Twitter contest and although I never thought about it, I'm doing 90% of my gaming on my 3ds these days. Maybe a Vita would be a good idea...

Good selection of RPGs? Since I missed the whole PS3 generation, does this have a lot of PS3 games?

I know the memory sticks are a $#!&@, anything else an issue?

Persona 4 Golden, chief.

So I just won a Builders download code from Michi's Twitter contest and although I never thought about it, I'm doing 90% of my gaming on my 3ds these days. Maybe a Vita would be a good idea...

Good selection of RPGs? Since I missed the whole PS3 generation, does this have a lot of PS3 games?

I can't answer all that well, but here's an idea: make your Vita a PS1 portable like I did with my PSP. You should be able to buy and access A LOT of PS1 RPGs, including Final Fantasy IX, Grandia 1, Wild Arms...you get the idea.

I can't answer all that well, but here's an idea: make your Vita a PS1 portable like I did with my PSP. You should be able to buy and access A LOT of PS1 RPGs, including Final Fantasy IX, Grandia 1, Wild Arms...you get the idea.
I'd be 100% for that. Easy as buying the games on PSN?

Gravity Rush, Freedom Wars, Child of Light, Criminal Girls.

Tales of Hearts R, Ys Memories of Celceta, FFX/X-2 HD, P4G, Trails of Cold Steel/II.

As mentioned as well, yes easy as downloading from PSN.

Also, you can get digital PSP titles and play them too.

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA.....

And if you're into sidescrolling games, there's VanillaWare titles like Muramasa, Dragon's Crown and Odin Sphere.

Also, they probably won't do it, but they need to make PS2 classics playable on Vita (and PS4)

Give me some Digital Devil Saga, Nocturne and the like.

• Upvote 1

I'd be 100% for that. Easy as buying the games on PSN?

Yes.

There aren't any actual Vita RPGs that I can think of to suggest apart from Trails games, so...yeah, go for PSN titles and play Final Fantasy IX and the like. Get your classic fix on.

That's actually more what I was thinking. I wonder if there's a list I can find online of what classics I can get.

That's actually more what I was thinking. I wonder if there's a list I can find online of what classics I can get.

You could try Sony's website for the PlayStation. That's where I looked when they were running all those PSN sales during November last year.

• Upvote 1

Persona 4 Golden, chief.

I'm interested in that, yes.

So, a couple ones on facebook in my area. One is a pch-1001 that nearly mint for $100. Seems good, but the dude has no power cable. I may see if he'd meet at a Starbucks this weekend so I could bring a cord (found one that'd deliver in 3 days) and see if it powers up.

That's the original model, right? How's that compared to slim?

Persona 4 Golden, chief.

So, a couple ones on facebook in my area. One is a pch-1001 that nearly mint for $100. Seems good, but the dude has no power cable. I may see if he'd meet at a Starbucks this weekend so I could bring a cord (found one that'd deliver in 3 days) and see if it powers up.

I use the slim. I believe the slim has a stronger battery life and is just more sleek really. There's also a difference in the screens but I can't really speak to that.

P4 Golden is like $20 on Amazon. It'd be a good primer before 5 and you're familiar with those characters too.

Persona 4 Golden, chief.

I use the slim. I believe the slim has a stronger battery life and is just more sleek really. There's also a difference in the screens but I can't really speak to that.

P4 Golden is like $20 on Amazon. It'd be a good primer before 5 and you're familiar with those characters too.

Very true. Very very true. Yeah, I have a Samsung VR thing I got for free with my phone, Bravely Default (which oddly got returned to me 3 months after I sold it), and a Samsung wireless charger that I don't need (mint) that I want to throw up on ebay. All 3 together would probably net me a little over $100, so I was definitely thinking of treating myself.

And yeah, I know the persona 4 peeps from Q just fine. Good call.

Persona 4 Golden, chief.

Very true. Very very true. Yeah, I have a Samsung VR thing I got for free with my phone, Bravely Default (which oddly got returned to me 3 months after I sold it), and a Samsung wireless charger that I don't need (mint) that I want to throw up on ebay. All 3 together would probably net me a little over $100, so I was definitely thinking of treating myself.

And yeah, I know the persona 4 peeps from Q just fine. Good call.

Consider the PlayStation TV. They've been discontinued but if you can find one they're like $50. They're Vita's plugged into the TV basically.

Well, the point is to get away from being anchored to the TV.

I actually just cancelled my preorder of a physical copy of Stardew Valley over this. I don't know how I expected to play it on my PS4 when I rarely play PS4, but I had one ordered. Rumors of a Vita port in the future and Vita tags on the PS trophies seem to indicate it'll happen. Being a HUGE Rune Factory fan, I've wanted to play that game for a long time.

I'm thinking this is going to happen. Just gotta see if I want to buy a used one locally or from Amazon/eBay.

Ok, got feelers out to 2 local people selling Vitas. One is slightly more used, but $110 with all cords and a 32gb card. They said small cosmetic scratching, just want to be sure they're not on the screen and the model number for that.

The other is missing a power cord but damn near mint for $125 obo

Get any offer that includes a memory card. ANY offer. Those things are unicorns and cost about as much as a loan on your house. Vita games have mostly been going digital now. A lot of good stuff is digital only.

• Upvote 1

Get any offer that includes a memory card. ANY offer. Those things are unicorns and cost about as much as a loan on your house. Vita games have mostly been going digital now. A lot of good stuff is digital only.

Took your advice. Meeting a guy tomorrow. 4 junky games, but a Vita and 16gb memory stick and some accessories for $120. Pretty excited to pick it up!

That's a great deal. I swear, memory cards are the worst. A new memory card will run up about half that price alone, not including the Vita itself! So long as the Vita is in good shape and you can sell the 4 games, it's basically a steal.

That's a great deal. I swear, memory cards are the worst. A new memory card will run up about half that price alone, not including the Vita itself! So long as the Vita is in good shape and you can sell the 4 games, it's basically a steal.

Exactly. Yeah, the games are gone. I typically do an ebay cleanse a couple times a year. Got a Samsung VR and Bravely Default and a couple other things to put up at once.

Got my Vita today on the way to my parents' house for the weekend. Got a cousin's birthday at noon, Plattym5's tonight, and his baptism tomorrow. I don't know when I'll get to play. It was in advertised mint condition. Looking gold!

What are you gonna play first?

Persona 4 comes Monday. 672fadb3ba984eb9e991d203f3466631.jpg

Persona 4 comes Monday. 672fadb3ba984eb9e991d203f3466631.jpg

It's in pretty good condition, but I see what you're saying about the games. Looks like he pretty much bought the thing at launch and barely played it after the fact. Pretty much all of them but Minecraft were launch titles or early games.