eal

Maribel Sucks

I'm sure everyone on the Den will agree with me when I say that Maribel is the literal worst. Her personality is toxic, her eyes are monsterous, and she runs like a Naruto-loving weaboo in gym class. What more can be said about her foul hair, her abusive insults, and her Pilgrim attire? I made this topic specifically so every like-minded Denizen can think about it. So who else hates Maribel and why? Feel free to share. I'm sure it's everyone and they can think up millions of reasons.

• Upvote 2

Youre the worst.

Maribel is awesome. You can't handle her. Go back your submissive no-personality 2d waifus.

Her costumes are awesome btw. God forbid a character shows self respect

• Upvote 4

Yes, self-respect is the only level of respect she shows. I think my video game waifu track record shows submission isn't a priority in picking the best girls to marry/date in a game. If anything, they could all kick Maribel's ass.

Oh, I thought from the title of this topic this was gonna be about something else, talk about disappointment.

I'm sure CoCyTuS will come into this topic hoping for the same thing that you were, TheKingOfTheDragovians.

You're the worst.

Fixed that grammar there for you. 😆

Oh, I thought from the title of this topic this was gonna be about something else, talk about disappointment.

Yeah, I'd put money on that not being the case.

As for my dislike of Maribel:

Ginger? Meh.

That outfit? Meh, but to be fair I dislike the Hero's green Smurf hat and outfit.

$#!&@y? Meh, dated real-life Maribels, they're horrible humans.

Want a deeper-seeded reason?

She's not even a love interest. That might make her something in this game. I like the Dragon Quest ideal of going on a journey, meeting people and saving the world. I'm searching to recall, but does a DQ game have another pair of lifetime friends that travel together? DQII has distant relations doing so. DQV does, but she's a wife interest. I just don't see the appeal of forever friends becoming heroes together. I'm OK with Keifer disappearing so that you can continue on with others you meet along the way. There's a charm in that. Maribel doesn't have the charm to the hero, so I'm all about leaving her behind.

What kind of kinky ass $#!& do you think I'm talking about eal, I thought I was gonna come to a post that had some substance which would lead to a friendly argument, instead you were just trolling.

(Yeah I'm totally lying, I didn't come here expecting anything)

Edited by TheKingOfTheDragovians
  • Upvote 1

I'm OK with Kiefer disappearing...

Fixed that for you. "I," before "e," twinsie.

On a side note, looks like eal touched a nerve considering how Megalosaro responded.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Upvote 1

On a side note, looks like eal touched a nerve considering how Megalosaro responded.

Top waifu is top waifu.

Wars have been started for less

Top waifu is top waifu.

Wars have been started for less

I think we all should have a little notice on the left of our posts under our user name to identify if we're pro-Maribel or anti-Maribel.

I can be quite controversial at times. I guess my opinions are just too raw to handle.

There have actually been literal wars that have started over whom people considered best waifu. We know it as the Trojan War, but many Greek scholars have taken to calling it Waifu War I (WWI) after the first shots rang out in the epic Waifu War II over best Persona 4 girl.

Edited by eal
  • Upvote 2

Stand by for Sword of Dusk then. I'm sure he'll have words for you.

I'll repeat my opinion on Maribel: I have no beef with her at all.

She's not my favorite DQ character ever, but certainly not my least favorite.

I guess I like her overall, she has some really amusing lines, and it's very sweet that she stays with Amitt when he falls ill.

• Upvote 1

I can be quite controversial at times. I guess my opinions are just too raw to handle.

There have actually been literal wars that have started over whom people considered best waifu. We know it as the Trojan War, but many Greek scholars have taken to calling it Waifu War I (WWI) after the first shots rang out in the epic Waifu War II over best Persona 4 girl.

This is the calm before the storm, a new era is fast approaching, Persona 5's release in th west will signal the beginning of the third waifu war, grab your body pillows and sharing an contacts, you filthy weeaboss, you won't be able to have them for much longer,

You just want me to go off on someone, don't you eal? Nobody, and I mean nobody, will badmouth Maribel when I'm around. The next person who does will be getting shanked.

None of you know how to handle Maribel, and you fear her spiciness.

• Upvote 3

That sounds like something a sassy girl with curves would say to the guy she's about to break up with.

• Upvote 1

Maribel? She's like that really cheap knockoff brand of hot sauce you see in your dads fridge, now the girls I've met in my life, they're spicier than the flames of hell and the wrath of God.

That sounds like something a sassy girl with curves would say to the guy she's about to break up with.

I'm sure you know this from experience.

• Upvote 2

^ Well, it is my type.

Maribel is like a family restaurant chain's definition of "World's Spiciest Wings." They're definitely not, they're probably watered down for children, and yet that sort of makes you resent them more.

1472220863192_zpszqvmxywj.png

Can't hold all the salt in this thread!

Maybe you could quench the thirst with some bleach.

This thread is full of fail.

Well, it is a discussion about Maribel and all her failings as an individual.

She has no more failings than any of us do. Much as Maribel may sound super self-absorbed a lot of the time, and may complain about doing things for people, she only complains about the crap that others should be capable of doing themselves, and she's keen on helping those she comes across.

Remember, she wasn't immediately ecstatic about adventuring after first returning, but that was a lie. She quickly came running back, ready to adventure again. Hell, she was prepared to travel alone with the Hero when it appeared that Kiefer wouldn't be joining them again.

• Upvote 2