Sign in to follow this  
WestyBlueSlime

#BragYourDQswag

She-slimes and gentle-slimes, goo-reetings!

Remember that amazing #BragYourDQswag photo contest that Plattym3 and I hosted last year?  Of course you goo!  Well, let's continue to show Square Enix how much we love our DQ merch by sending them a friendly Twitter post with your swag photos.  Please include @DragonQuest and the hashtag #BragYourDQswag along with any positive message you want them to see.

Looking forward to seeing your goo-reat photos!

May the light shine upon you brave warriors.

-Westy

• Upvote 2

I tweeted them a pic of all my Slimes back on August 15th. I see they are just now tweeting pics from August 13th, so if they post my pic soon I will tweet them more of the rest of my collection.

• Upvote 1

I retweeted my entry photos out! Good call there Westy! :thumbsup:

• Upvote 1

https://twitter.com/LiamKersting/status/767362359392346112

This kinda annoyed me, because I definitely talked to marketing at PAX East--and they knew about it already--because and I had emailed my Square Enix marketing contact about the contest a few times.  Plus, the contest involved @ references to the DragonQuest account, the whole time.  I know there may have been some promotions internally there and the social media team may be new.  Maybe that's the reason for the internal communication issue, but still.  From a promotional standpoint it's frustrating.

Edited by Liamland

I wonder if the social media account has switched hands since then, so the new person handling the twitter account honestly knew nothing about it, and the person that did is either gone or off onto some other department. That is a scenario I could believe.

That's what I think too.  The contact that I talked to at NYCC was promoted by the time I caught up with her at PAX East, so it's probably a new person or persons managing things.

It is cool that we're seeing an increased marketing presence, though, that they're really making the effort to respond to fans.  They're even promoting when people 100% DQ Heroes, after collecting the Platinum trophy.  Gives me renewed vigor to tackle that.  I think I'm only like 4-6 trophies away--albeit 3-4 near impossible boss fights to go.

Yeah, I am in about that same boat as you on that Platinum Trophy

That's what I think too.  The contact that I talked to at NYCC was promoted by the time I caught up with her at PAX East, so it's probably a new person or persons managing things.

It is cool that we're seeing an increased marketing presence, though, that they're really making the effort to respond to fans.  They're even promoting when people 100% DQ Heroes, after collecting the Platinum trophy.  Gives me renewed vigor to tackle that.  I think I'm only like 4-6 trophies away--albeit 3-4 near impossible boss fights to go.

I have all but a few at this point, like 100%-ing the Monster log, Lv99 Characters, and Defeating King Metal Slimes.

Yeah, I am in about that same boat as you on that Platinum Trophy

Me too:

Beat all bosses.

Get all orbs/weapons. Although I have to money to do most all, just need to care enough to.

Is there a level 99 everyone or puff puff from everyone?

That's about all that's left. No motivation to.

I'm there with you, Platty. I'd like to defeat the Legacy bosses/veteran bosses, but they are so hard at my current level and I don't really feel like grinding.

I actually have the Platinum in Dragon Quest Heroes!♪ It definitely takes some dedication, but I know you can do it! :) And in the end... the bragging rights are worth it!  :evillaugh:

Edited by Hoshino22
  • Upvote 1

I actually have the Platinum in Dragon Quest Heroes!♪ It definitely takes some dedication, but I know you can do it! :) And in the end... the bragging rights are worth it! :evillaugh:

How do you even know what weapons and orbs you've had or not?

I actually have the Platinum in Dragon Quest Heroes!♪ It definitely takes some dedication, but I know you can do it! :) And in the end... the bragging rights are worth it! :evillaugh:

How do you even know what weapons and orbs you've had or not?

In the menu with the libraries like the Monster Library (It also lists your completion percent) you can look at your Weapons & Orbs and it will only list ones that you've obtained. :) In order to complete Weapons & Orbs you do need to defeat Nokturnus, Bjorn, Atlas, and Zoma though because they all give you orbs you can't get anywhere else...  :worried:

Oh, duh! I did that to realize I'd never recruited a Cannibox.

Yeah, those bosses...

Those bosses indeed. Luceus is at 70-something, and everyone else is around 50. I'm still farming Mini medals and The veteran boss battles...

Oh, duh! I did that to realize I'd never recruited a Cannibox.

Yeah, those bosses...

Yeah, that menu! :) You can use it for any obtainable item like weapons and whatnot too! It's very handy for getting the Platinum Trophy!♪ ^^

I would definitely suggest starting with Nokturnus once you get into fighting them... he's actually not too hard after the third or forth death! (Really tells you all you need to know) I eventually won just by figuring out each individual attack after fighting each boss however many times... it's really infuriating though and takes a lot of dedication. I couldn't give good levels though as I took them all out after I maxed out all my levels (Except Terry and I didn't use him). And be careful cause Nokturnus and Zoma change up their strategies after they take enough damage... especially Zoma. Oh my gosh, Zoma. *Cough* But just keep at it and I'm sure you'll take them out!♪ :)

I have a party of 99s that I could use. Both heroes, Yangus, and Bianca. Working on Psaro, he's 78

I'm inspired to try again if I get home from work at a reasonable hour.  Need to grind mini medals and simultaneously get all my low-80 characters up to 99, where Luceus currently resides.

Any strategies for Bjorn?  I just get swarmed when it comes to him and waste my time trying to pick off his flying minions and giant rockbombs.  Kinda silly how the flying castle just stays there instead of retreating or evading...

Edited by Liamland

I have a party of 99s that I could use. Both heroes, Yangus, and Bianca. Working on Psaro, he's 78

Yeah, then that's great! Bianca and Yangus are just generally very reliable... as for Psaro, I actually used him to beat all three! Levelling him up is definitely worthwhile!♪

I'm inspired to try again if I get home from work at a reasonable hour. Need to grind mini medals and simultaneously get all my low-80 characters up to 99, where Luceus currently resides.

Any strategies for Bjorn? I just get swarmed when it comes to him and waste my time trying to pick off his flying minions and giant rockbombs. Kinda silly how the flying castle just stays there instead of retreating or evading...

Ooh, that's great! Just takes a lot of dedication and hard work and you'll get there, just you wait!♪ :) Mini Medal grinding can be a pain... just how many do you need?

I didn't really pay much heed to the Rockbombs and took out around three out of the six of the mawkeepers when they were summoned. Bjorn never stops attacking so always keep an eye on him more than the hordes and the Rockbombs, it takes him only a few attacks to destroy the Stonecloud... make sure to make it your priority to shoot him if he ever starts to launch really any attack. And other than that, I'd suggest using any Coup de Grace you get to take out as much of the horde as you can in case they get too close (Which they will). But really that's what worked best for my strategy, I'd suggest experimenting around to see what gets you the farthest. Anyway, good luck! :)

Edited by Hoshino22

Done, and here's the image for good measure:

Dragon%20Swag_zpsfspt3enj.jpg

The Twitter is under my alternate online name, Iffy Jottere, but I assure you it's your faithful hound!

Edited by The Dog of Zahan

I really need to get my DQ stuff out of storage now that my house guest has moved out.

I really need to get my DQ stuff out of storage now that my house guest has moved out.

Do it! I'm interested in seeing your full collection!

You guys we need a new DQSwag contest. .............or maybe can I just have an honorary award for my 100+ slimes and everything else in my house? 8D;;;

• Upvote 1

I need to post new swag photos for everything since my summer Japan trip.  Maybe we can do a new #BragYourDQswag for things that people didn't post last time.  I'd definitely be down for that.  Maybe Westy and Platty can make that happen.  I think it's been almost a year since we did the last swag contest.

• Upvote 1